Thread: Lost the ability to recruit socii units after researching "Socii Cohorts."

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Lost the ability to recruit socii units after researching "Socii Cohorts."

So I'm playing as Rome and I just researched "Socii Cohorts" and I've noticed that I've lost the ability to recruit Socii units... what has happened? Is this a bug?

Default Re: Lost the ability to recruit socii units after researching "Socii Cohorts."

I've seen one other report of this, it appears to be a bug. Looking into as soon as possible
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Lost the ability to recruit socii units after researching "Socii Cohorts."

This has been a bug from the beginning.

When ai_italy_socii is deleted from the region_unit_resource_requirements column in main_units they can be recruited but all over the map. Seems as though that region unit resource isn't assigned to the regions

Huh, well glad I could help. Hope it gets fixed as soon as possible!
    Keep up the amazing work guys, I've not had as much fun in a total war game as I have with Ancient Empires, atleast not since EBII came out that is

So I found that the @@e_roman_main_units.pack, patch enables the socii units to be recruitable, however it causes all your cavalry to be horseless...

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by mikedelbridge View Post
    So I found that the @@e_roman_main_units.pack, patch enables the socii units to be recruitable, however it causes all your cavalry to be horseless...
    That isn't compatible since the update, also not an official patch by anyone on the ae team just a db file from an old version of the mod in which I deleted those entries in the post I made above. Just uploaded that because I saw someone having this issue, you could do the same thing with pfm, it's quite simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    That isn't compatible since the update, also not an official patch by anyone on the ae team just a db file from an old version of the mod in which I deleted those entries in the post I made above. Just uploaded that because I saw someone having this issue, you could do the same thing with pfm, it's quite simple.
    Ah ok, thanks very much for clearing that up.

So has this been fixed?