Thread: recruitment

Default recruitment

It seems to have changed so can someone give me the rundown or at least point me in the right direction for Rome.. thanks a million.

Default Re: recruitment

Recruitment is no longer from the city centres. You need the military recruitment chain. The Campus Martius for Rome, which is already there, allows recruitment of the Polybian units (hastati etc), you need to build the military recruitment buildings in other settlements. Different branches unlock Polybian or AoR units. Same for other factions, except I believe their capitals do still currently function as military recruitment centres.

Once you reach the tech for legions, it becomes the same as before - Divided Assignments and Roman Military Colony needed to unlock the relevant legions.

Is it intended that you need a military chain in each province to get the specific units there? So campanian units, lucanian units etc?

thank you so much man...

What buildings are needed to recruit spy, dignataries and champions??????
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

They're not in the mod. Forget about them.

In my game the Achaean League demolished their Primary Capital Building, switched to a generic capital building tree, and became unable to recruit any more unit. Maybe, for the sake of the A.I., allow all capital buildings to recruit the bare basic psiloi jav, archers, and spearmen?

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

I am playing as Rome and cant see how to recruit archers? Does Rome have access to them?

Initially Rome does not have access to archer except through mercenaries. I believe if you head either north into Gaul or east into Asia, you will come across archer auxiliaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Spariel View Post
    Initially Rome does not have access to archer except through mercenaries. I believe if you head either north into Gaul or east into Asia, you will come across archer auxiliaries.
    So how do I recruit auxillaries? There is no tutorial or any kind of instruction to what government buildings are supposed to recruit, sems very confusing to me

You recruit units with the military buildings, the mod no longer relies upon the main settlement chain. It's somewhat simplistic at the moment with there being several chains accommodating to separate needs: missile/melee/cavalry. There is also a garrison chain which is basically an improved version of the melee chain. Auxiliaries are recruited through these chains, respective of their specialty.

You recruit units with the military buildings, the mod no longer relies upon the main settlement chain. It's somewhat simplistic at the moment with there being several chains accommodating to separate needs: missile/melee/cavalry. There is also a garrison chain which is basically an improved version of the melee chain. Auxiliaries are recruited through these chains, respective of their specialty.
    What garrison chain are you referring to? I I want to create archers for my Army and thought Sardinian Archers were an option. I have made a lvl 3 Allied building but NO access to any soldiers. What am I doing wrong?

Thx

The garrison chain is within the military category, beginning at tier 2, it certainly exists. Regarding whether Sardinian archers are available I would recommend asking Petellius, as he was the one who assigned units to recruitment buildings.

The garrison chain is within the military category, beginning at tier 2, it certainly exists. Regarding whether Sardinian archers are available I would recommend asking Petellius, as he was the one who assigned units to recruitment buildings.

Ok, I am trying to find a building that recruits archers. I have found the one for the artillary. Is it the same on?

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Ok, I am trying to find a building that recruits archers. I have found the one for the artillary. Is it the same on?
    Correct, it's the same branch, the Missile Range one. I believe Sardinian archers should be recruitable, but if they aren't let us know
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Correct, it's the same branch, the Missile Range one. I believe Sardinian archers should be recruitable, but if they aren't let us know
    The archers are not recruitable. It only shows artillery for the entire building tree. Is there a way for me to see where I can find what trees recruit archers for each province?

If they are not in the missile range they are missing. For now it seems you'll have to either conquer new areas or recruit mercenaries :/

If they are not in the missile range they are missing. For now it seems you'll have to either conquer new areas or recruit mercenaries :/
    This is a province in Spain. The only Settlement I have taken so far is Carthage, so I havent had a chance to check others for archers. I see the same in all of my other settlements after building a artillery or missile building. No archers yet.