Thread: Nobody wants anything from me - is it normal?

Icon1 Nobody wants anything from me - is it normal?

Background: Kingdoms Teutonic campaign as Poland, I have trustworthy reputation, two allies (Novogrod and Lithuania) both with trustworthy reputation and outstanding/perfect relations with me. Two enemies (Germany and Mongols), both worst possible relations and bad rep.

Now, there's something strange with my diplomacy - I seem to be doing fine when I propose deals, either with my allies (no trouble improving relations and marrying their princesses) and sometimes my enemies (I was able to get a ceasefire with Teutonic Knights recently, starting to work on Germany now). However, besides initial mutual trade rights exchange, other factions diplomats and princesses are totally not interested in offering anything to me. I haven't had a diplomat approach me in ages, whenever they walk through my lands it's always to deal with my neighbour on the other side, like I was Walder Frey or something.

Is it indeed so rare to be apporached by AI's diplomats or am I doing something wrong here?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Nobody wants anything from me - is it normal?

Might be that they simply have nothing to offer you. Other deals might be more interesting, seeing as you're in a solid position. You've established your position, and the world is at your feet.

In general you do have to be quite aggressive with diplomats. If you want something to happen, you have to propose it. Don't expect the AI to come do things for you, but be pleasantly surprised when they do. At least, that's the mindset I'm in when playing
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Azorica's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Nobody wants anything from me - is it normal?

After getting trade deals and maybe some map information from you and rarely an alliance, diplomats get more passive as the AI has nothing more he particularly wants from you.

In fact, when "act" on your cities without offering anything, I usually get really wary as more often than not they are plotting some nefarious to you... As a surprise invasion!