Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Political Overhaul] PIGS Alpha_02 (DeI 1.2.5) [upd: jun.09/19]

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_01 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED!

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    I think its something loyalty effects or political party for the table. It’s close to the bottom if that helps at all, if you still can’t find it I can shoot you over the name in a little
    Searched every damn table. Didn't find. Please enlighten me.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_01 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED!

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    Wait why does this say it’s incompatible with realism haha
    I remember we were talking about a couple of custom scripts for realism, dunno if you put them in or not, if you did then PIGS is not compatible and it will require a patch for the campaign script.
    If you put those script and you want to do a patch, I'll upload it into OP, otherwise I'll erase the stated incompatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    Searched every damn table. Didn't find. Please enlighten me.
    Aren't those things for the italian campaign only?
    I've never seen anything about them (neither into invasion pack) except for:

campaign variables
    consul_term
    dictator_term

Script is: Rome2 > lua scripts > politics_trait_defs.lua
    maybe this part of the script is linked to those things too, but I'm quite skeptical, should be for change gov only
    Code:
    --##################################################### --polit_trait_common_reforming_a_government
     --#####################################################
       polit_trait_common_reforming_a_government = {
         is_common = true,
         modifier_empire = {
           start = -30,
           delta = 3,
           limit = 0,
           turns = 10,
         },
         modifier_other = {
           start = -20,
           delta = 2,
           limit = 0,
           turns = 10,
         },
         tooltip_params = function(self, faction, tbl_optional)
           return tbl_optional and tbl_optional.government_type and tbl_optional.government_type == 1 and self.modifier_empire or self.modifier_other
         end,
         modifier = function(context, party_id, self)
           local faction = context:faction()
           return faction:politics():get_current_politics_government_type() == 1 and self.modifier_empire or self.modifier_other
         end,
         events = {
           FactionPoliticsGovernmentTypeChanged = {}
         },
       },
    @ Falco:
    Thanks, there is a large needing for testers, I should release the alpha version before this weekend, hopefully, better to wait for it.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; January 31, 2019 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I remember we were talking about a couple of custom scripts for realism, dunno if you put them in or not, if you did then PIGS is not compatible and it will require a patch for the campaign script.
    If you put those script and you want to do a patch, I'll upload it into OP, otherwise I'll erase the stated incompatibility.

Aren't those things for the italian campaign only?
    I've never seen anything about them (neither into invasion pack) except for:

campaign variables
    consul_term
    dictator_term

Script is: Rome2 > lua scripts > politics_trait_defs.lua
    maybe this part of the script is linked to those things too, but I'm quite skeptical, should be for change gov only
    Code:
    --##################################################### --polit_trait_common_reforming_a_government
     --#####################################################
       polit_trait_common_reforming_a_government = {
         is_common = true,
         modifier_empire = {
           start = -30,
           delta = 3,
           limit = 0,
           turns = 10,
         },
         modifier_other = {
           start = -20,
           delta = 2,
           limit = 0,
           turns = 10,
         },
         tooltip_params = function(self, faction, tbl_optional)
           return tbl_optional and tbl_optional.government_type and tbl_optional.government_type == 1 and self.modifier_empire or self.modifier_other
         end,
         modifier = function(context, party_id, self)
           local faction = context:faction()
           return faction:politics():get_current_politics_government_type() == 1 and self.modifier_empire or self.modifier_other
         end,
         events = {
           FactionPoliticsGovernmentTypeChanged = {}
         },
       },
    @ Falco:
    Thanks, there is a large needing for testers, I should release the alpha version before this weekend, hopefully, better to wait for it.

Will do, I was going to hold off anyway because I started using Scip's realism mod and am really enjoying it. Hopefully this can be made compatible!

Thanks for suggestions. Finally found it. It's in faction_politics_government_actions_junctions table. I totally overlooked it. And, yes it's for RotR DLC only.

Patrician

Oh yeah, you're right, forgot about that table since I didn't use it yet, it will come in handy for further PIGS moddings, the ones about govs.
    Table is linked to invasion pack campaign scripts btw.

@Falco:
    Dunno, or the game will crash or it will be fully compatible otherwise, just try.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; January 31, 2019 at 10:02 AM.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

My mod is compatible in regards to having issues with the script inside it

Patrician

Whch means you put custom external scripts into realism or not?

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Whch means you put custom external scripts into realism or not?
    It’s compatible [emoji1360]

Patrician

Ok, thx, I'll change OP

Ok, thx, I'll change OP
    Welp, looks like I gotta restart my campaigns. Thanks Jake and Scip!

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

feedback 1 ) after a winning civil war a video poped up with a lion turning into a statue and "only the strong remains in history" or something like that. it is the first time i see this video ( i win civil wars using base DEI ). Then every end turn or trying to save is CTD. Playing as seleudids. Only yours and the "more diplomatic outcomes" are new added mods.

feedback 2 ) I used together with your mod this one " More Diplomatic Outcomes "
    on a campaign i had allready strarted. Maybe this is the reason of the CTD?

feedback 3 ) the choise to have later infuence stages negative traits is marvelous. Now you need to use other parties stateman and generals in order to have the best ballance and not look at you agressively. I like it very much.

keep it up!!!

Patrician

1) I've seen the video, yeah, dunno what triggers it tbh, but I had it at the start of a civil war, not at the end. Please upload your savegame so I can check the reason of this ctd.
    No, it's not "more diplo outcomes"

3) good, i'll tweak something about this btw

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

ok, i found the problem and was entirly on my end. I erase by mistake the All factions playble submod and this seemed to cause the crashes when trying to save. Mystiriously it loaded the save file. Anyway, to PIGs feedback. What about the loyalty of generals? A general from another party has the very good loyalty icon witch has an -5 loyalty for all parties effect?? and +10 to upkeep?? Thankfully you have -10 recruitment cost but i cant understand the philosophy behind this.

Patrician

Good, ctds aren't easy to control.

+10 upkeep is wrong, forgot the "-" before it.

So, a loyal general will have bonuses to upkeep and recruit, but maluses for loyalty? Yeah!
    Why's that?
    It's a math reason to squeeze loyalty's "gaussian curve".
    If I would do the opposite (might seem more rational at first glance), so giving + loyalty to loyals and - to unloyals, the curve will just uselessly spread towards too high or too low values.
    It's a sort of math function tending to the middle range.
    So, the more politicans you'll have from an unloyal party, the more loyalty you'll have, and vice versa. Values are low anyway, and have to be tested.

I've used the same method for Testudo's PO, where the less PO you have the more you get and vice versa.
    This, again, leads to a middle range where you won't have too high nor too low PO.
    It's a method for a realistic control, even if, taken singularly, might sound wrong.
    Believe me, it isn't.

Thx for your reports and questions, niko.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 01, 2019 at 12:41 PM.

This is a minor modification that should (I tested it only with Pontus and India, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work in some cases) let you play with whatever faction you want without having to pick a specific .pack file

http://www.filedropper.com/pigsbeta01_1

(Also, Jake, I removed those calls to math.random() at the start of every function since I didn't understand why you did that. I included a small funtion (not tested for bugs though) that lets you call math.random n times, just to make the code cleaner in case you wanted to reuse those calls)
    Last edited by ivanpera; February 01, 2019 at 11:32 AM.

Patrician

Here comes the wizard, guys!

Good!
    So a simple tostring(faction_name) did the work, I feared it would have been more complex.

I put all those math.random() 'cause I thought this way you can't cheat.
    You know, if you get a very bad result for something you need and you just reloaded, you could use another intrigue first and then the one you needed.
    Maybe this way it keeps the same random number linked to the event, for the same turn.
    But I'm not sure if it works, didn't test actually, maybe math.randomseed(os.clock()); wouldn't permit that, dunno.

Huge thanks
    Guys, give some rep to ivanpera, here!
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 01, 2019 at 12:17 PM.

I put all those math.random() 'cause I thought this way you can't cheat.
    You know, if you get a very bad result for something you need and you just reloaded, you could use another intrigue first and then the one you needed.
    Maybe this way it keeps the same random number linked to the event, for the same turn.
    But I'm not sure if it works, didn't test actually, maybe math.randomseed(os.clock()); wouldn't permit that, dunno.

It doesn't work like that (al least I think, I have no knowledge of LUA, but every standard programming language's library I know of does this).
    With math.randomseed() you, as the name suggests, set a "seed" for the random function to use. The random function then, when called, returns a new number based on some calculations involving the seed you initialized with math.randomseed().
    With the same seed, the random() funcion returns always the same sequence of numbers.
    With math.randomseed(os.clock()) you just initialize the seed with your current date, which is a common and nice way to do it.

What you did would not stop "cheating", since every funcion called the random() function exactly the same number of times.
    The only way of making the system not exploitable would maybe be to reinitialize the seed everytime the game/savefile is loaded, but I believe it will not be multiplayer friendly

Patrician

Ok, I'll keep your structure entirely, for next release.

What you did would not stop "cheating", since every funcion called the random() function exactly the same number of times.
    Well, by putting a different but fixed number of math.random() for every events I thought it might have worked
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 01, 2019 at 12:35 PM.

Oh, btw, is it intended that I can make members of other parties Retire/Suicide (I don't remember if it was like this in vanilla too)? It makes the Ostracize/Assassinate action kinda pointless, if I'm not interested in obtaining more money.
    Retiring also has no particular requirement, contrary to ostracize
    Last edited by ivanpera; February 01, 2019 at 01:13 PM.

Patrician

yes it's intended, I'll tweak it for next release.

- ostracizie: lowers quite a lot of loyalty but gives you some cash
    - retire: less loyalty lost, but you'll have to pay

I like to give more instruments and choices to player, also I wanna give him a lot of more control about politcal matters and party characters.
    If it's not balanced, tell me