Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Political Overhaul] PIGS Alpha_02 (DeI 1.2.5) [upd: jun.09/19]

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS_Alpha_01 (for DeI 1.2.4b) - TESTERS NEEDED! [upd. mar.12/19]

Alpha_version is a step after beta or first we have alpha and then beta? Looking forward for all the goods that you can bring Jake

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS_Alpha_01 (for DeI 1.2.4b) - TESTERS NEEDED! [upd. mar.12/19]

beta > alpha > numbered versions

been playing with this mod in my Octavian campaign. It is amazing. Thank you sir! The character aging is totally awesome and the family children control de-clutters 2nd and 3rd generation leadership. A must have for any future campaigns on my end.

Is there no way of killing family members/rival members anymore?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by asher237 View Post
    been playing with this mod in my Octavian campaign. It is amazing. Thank you sir! The character aging is totally awesome and the family children control de-clutters 2nd and 3rd generation leadership. A must have for any future campaigns on my end.
    Thanks. Character aging in octavian campaign? did you put yourself the callback into the campaign script?

Quote Originally Posted by zala View Post
    Is there no way of killing family members/rival members anymore?
    Actually, ostricize politician is the same as the old assasinate, just slightly easier and with different results (the character will always be erased anyway).
    Political retirement (which will always erase the character) has been extended to every party.
    Check OP for more infos.

@nikossaiz
    I fear that adding the PIGS_Char_Gene_Stat feature ro AI is tricky.
    The problem lies when you load a saved game and 'cause the only effects appliable to AI are indefinite (forever until you remove with a script the effect)
    This means, after you load a saved game, that the previous effect won't be erased and you'll have AI characters with 2 effects (well, to tell the truth everytime you load the game the AI character will gain an effect more).
    I've tried to remove this bug with some load/save callbacks but I wasn't able and I'm not sure it's doable, due to the dice rolls and the imprevedibility of the actual effect.

So, I have 2 workarounds
    1) a pack that lags a looooot (unplayable) AI turns ('cause the game will have to check for hundreds of possibilities for every faction)
    2) a pack that has no lags* but anytime you load a savegame you'll have to:
    - exit the game
    - load the game with this pack
    -
    load the savegame
    - proceed 1 turn with a loooot of lags*
    - save the game
    - exit, remove this pack
    - return playing normally until you'll have to load a savegame

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 05, 2019 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Patrician

PIGS_Alpha_02
    is out !

- Rebalanced values here and there
    - Lowered Loyalty bonuses from cursus honorum
    - 12tpy pack has cursus honorum set for lower ages (you can Promote a Politician earlier)
    - Gravitas gained has now been halved (Testudo style). Having a lower gravitas will limit wrong power behaviours
    - Power effects (+/- %) have been added to intrigues Incidents and Policy Outcomes. This will lead to more power variations (Spread Political Power, Gather Political Power, Give Gravitas will be more useful)
    - Attributes (Authority, Cunning and Zeal) gained has now been halved (Testudo style). This is part of a rework regarding the Attribute Effects (don't expect to have high attribute values
    - Reworked Attributes Effects (the ones coming from Authority, Cunning and Zeal) to be better (in my opinion) and with more variations. More news will come when I'll start to do custom events
    - Character's Death script now has more descriptions (SEX, TYPE - general, admiral, dignitary, champion, spy - AGE). You won't get no more deaths from garrison captains
    - General's Status has now the possibility to be triggered for AI too (sadly, youìll need a workaround when you're going to load a savegame)
    - Done packs for a better Alternative Economy compatibility (please report)

- READ THE INFOS TEXTS YOU'LL FIND INSIDE FOLDERS IF YOU WANT TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR PIGS PACK, OR JUST PUT ONE OF THE 4tpy/12tpy PACKS AND PLAY
    - IT'S SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE (REALLY BETTER TO START A NEW CAMPAIGN THOUGH)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 10, 2019 at 10:24 AM.

Default Re: [Submod: a Political Overhaul] PIGS_Alpha_02 (for DeI 1.2.4b) - TESTERS NEEDED! [upd. jun.09/19]

Hello Jake! Happy that you find ways to improve Pigs even more. I am away from home so i havent test the newer Pigs version, i have to wait 15 days more to have that previllage. After reading your explaining post i understand now why you were so sceptical about this AI feature. I dont know yet how severe the lags are but anyway Features should improve the gameplay experience and not the opossite. If ( again, i dont know the restrictions or the problems, so ipothetical still ) the AI can only have few variables, like Age, and "overall state" or "condition" with bad, good, excellent . to minimize the diceroll lag but to have some general information about the oposite character. As it is ( or was before your newest Pigs version at least ) we didnt even know the age of the rival general , i dont know what the were thinking in CA with that...

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: [Submod: a Political Overhaul] PIGS_Alpha_02 (for DeI 1.2.4b) - TESTERS NEEDED! [upd. jun.09/19]

Awesome, Jake! Well done!

A host of interesting changes in this version. I love the addition of power effects from the events.

Patrician

@nikossaiz:
    yeah, it lags a lot (x4/x5 times) and I've done it as a customizable option, but with the workaround people who likes this feature for AI too (I'm using and enjoying it in my current testing campaign) won't have much trouble, all you have to do is (taken from the info txt):

DON'T DO THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE THIS FEATURE FOR AI TOO:

1) Load the "@@@@@_PIGS_Gene_Stat_AI" pack and just play with it, AI effect will be shown form 2nd turn (you may notice some slight lagging during AI turn)
    2) You can continue to play normally until you load a savegame (you can save normally and continue playing, there is no problem when you save)
    3) When you want to load a savegame, you'll have to do the following:
    - SAVE YOUR GAME
    - EXIT THE GAME (YEAH, CLOSE IT)
    - LOAD BOTH THE "@@@@@_PIGS_Gene_Stat_AI" AND "@@@@@@@_PIGS_Gene_Stat_AI_Loading_Game" PACKS
    - LOAD YOUR SAVEGAME
    - YOU WON'T NOTICE ANY DIFFERENCE, DO YOUR STUFF AND END TURN
    - YOU'LL NOTICE HEAVY LAGGING DURING AI TURNS (this is cause the game is checking and removing 297 different effects for every character)
    - OK, ARE YOU INTO THE NEXT TURN? FINE. AI GENERALS WON'T HAVE NO MORE THE "General's Status" EFFECTS.
    - SO, SAVE YOUR GAME
    - EXIT THE GAME (YEAH, CLOSE IT)
    - REMOVE THE "@@@@@@@_PIGS_Gene_Stat_AI_Loading_Game" pack AND KEEP THE "@@@@@_PIGS_Gene_Stat_AI" PACK
    - YOU CAN NOW RETURN TO PLAY NORMALLY, THE NEXT TURN THE "General's Status" EFFECTS WILL BE SHOWN AGAIN

- REPEAT THE PROCEDURE ANY TIME YOU WANT TO LOAD A SAVEGAME

@seleukos
    yeah, halving gravitas and adding power to incidents will be better, I've tested it with testudo quite extensively.
    maybe I've put the gravitas costs for intrigues a littlle too high, let me know if it is so (and let me know how the AE pack works)

I don't know yet how things will go for Alpha_03, maybe I'll work for some new features about governments or something about custom events (if everything works as planned they will be really, really a good thing).
    Remember to send me Paradox's Rome event pictures.

-----

Thx guys, we'll have the possibility to return discussing about new features sooner or later!

Also I would really like if you two would try a testudo campaign (1.5.2 will be out really soon), so to have your opinions, I have the idea you would enjoy it, hopefully.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 11, 2019 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    @seleukos
    yeah, halving gravitas and adding power to incidents will be better, I've tested it with testudo quite extensively.
    maybe I've put the gravitas costs for intrigues a littlle too high, let me know if it is so (and let me know how the AE pack works)

I don't know yet how things will go for Alpha_03, maybe I'll work for some new features about governments or something about custom events (if everything works as planned they will be really, really a good thing).
    Remember to send me Paradox's Rome event pictures.
    Thanks, Jake!

I'll most likely focus primarily on this Alexander campaign within the next couple of weeks. Do you think PIGS will be compatible with it right off the bat, or do you need to patch it to make it compatible?

Sorry, I forgot those Pdx's event pictures. I will look into this within the next couple of days.

Patrician

eh no, you'll need a pack regarding the campaign scripts

I see. That's no problem for the time being. We can get back to it at the later stage.

Patrician

I forgot a copule of effects into the "@@@@@@@_PIGS_Gene_Stat_AI_Loading_Game" pack
    This pack is the one you'll need when loading games and using the General's Status features for AI too.
    Uploaded into OP

-------

First time it happens to me, there's 1 possibility over 1728...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 14, 2019 at 11:19 AM.

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

Hello!
    I have a question about a file where I just do not remember why I downloaded it .... was not included in the previous version. So I think you have released it for download. The name is "@@@@@ _PIGS_Even_Poli_Outc_4tpy_8.pack ". Do you still need the in the current version.

Thanks in advance Lupo!

Patrician

No I removed those kind of packs (they were optional), I'm quite sure they were useless. Don't use the old ones 'cause they will erase some new things.
    They were changing the pop up turn of the Political Outcomes events, now they are every 8 turns for 4tpy and every 12 for 12tpy only.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Political Overhaul] PIGS Alpha_02 (DeI 1.2.4b) [upd: 09.jun/19]

This mod brought much life into the game...it is really good
    , although I am yet to understand some things. Question: why I dont get incident pop up message when I press intrigue buttons?

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Political Overhaul] PIGS Alpha_02 (DeI 1.2.4b) [upd: 09.jun/19]

thanks
    well, there could be 2 reasons
    1) you're using an intrigue the same turn you've loaded a savegame (loading savegames and scripted random numbers don't go along well)
    2) you've something messing up the campaign script, what other submods are you using? Clean your cache and revert to the old mod manager

but not every time the incident triggers the intrigue, right? It's the same for me.

Patrician

The intrigues who don't have any incidents are ('cause it's not possible to give them): APPOINT FIELD OFFICER, INCREASE POLITICIAN GRAVITAS, MARRIAGE, USURP LEGACY, EDUCATE CHILD, DECLARE HEIR, ADOPT INTO FAMILY
    All other intrigues always have an incident (if not the same turn of a loading game)

Hello Jake!

Trying the updated Pigs, really enjoyample experience! only downside the AI traits and the workaround, not a big deal, its just now im in full working season in real life and i can bearelly play a turn. Just for the record i must ask: is a possibility for a "working like there is no tomorrow in real life lite summer edition" ? with displaying only the age of the AI general on the UI ? just to avoid the workaround, takes me at least 25 minutes and i ussually have 1 hour at the very most for myself.

Also I would really like if you two would try a testudo campaign (1.5.2 will be out really soon), so to have your opinions, I have the idea you would enjoy it, hopefully.
    october will be the month that i can try the full modning of yours till then i am sure that would become more polished than ever!