Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Political Overhaul] PIGS Alpha_02 (DeI 1.2.5) [upd: jun.09/19]

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_01 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED!

Hi i just have a crash at the starting new campaign loading screen, i play as epirus, mod that i use is lowerminiumrank , and ptolemaic egypt for dei

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_01 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED!

Am I crazy or is Roma missing in new Beta "pick_faction"?

Default Re: [Submod] PIGS BETA_01 for DeI 1.2.4a (trial for a political overhaul) - TESTERS NEEDED

Oops, sorry i forgot to tick Pigs beta 01 in my launcher, sorry guys,

You dont have to copy patse, pick_faction pack file if you re playing as Rome
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 28, 2019 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Throwerofstones View Post
    Am I crazy or is Roma missing in new Beta "pick_faction"?
    nhokon is right, if you play Rome you don't need any "pick a faction" pack.
    Beware this is a first beta version, I've already found a lot of things to tweak, so don't expect too much.

- SPREAD POLITICAL POWER and DECREASE OR REDISTRIBUTE GRAVITAS are useless, I will erase them and make 2 new intrigues from scratch
    - Loyalty is too high, I didn't want to hardcore civil war until it has to be teste, but seems to me it's just too high
    - Gravitas values seem too high, I'll lower them, I would like to have users use intrigues quite often, not every turn but at least every year
    - I'll redo some custom random incidents to be more tasty and intrigue related, I also have to check their effect values
    - a couple of descriptions are wrong

One thing I would like to know if it is good for users to have all those 6 intrigues regarding +/- abilities erased.
    I don't really think a proper overhaul is doable keeping them.

Please report anyway your general impressions. Thx
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; January 26, 2019 at 07:02 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

I'll have to tweak your opening post and attach the next ones to it. The multi posting nightmare gives me goosebumps

Patrician

No, don't do that, it could be quite a long mod and systems have to stay divided otherwise it will be a mess. Not counting the 10k word limit for single thread and I don't want to use code spoilers.
    There is a reason if I "multiposted": it's a rational division about arguments, not multiposting.
    If you have to merge others posts not being the first 11, do as you wish.

@ Gagonius
    I would really love if every turn you have to deal with incidents/dilemmas and that stuff would have many outcomes and possibilities of benefits

No one has ever touched vanilla's dil/inc structure. I plan to do that but it's a lot of work, surely in an hypothetical second/third stage.
    Obviously it can be a team work, if and when people will be ready to help.
    What I'm planning now is to do a custom dil or inc every 8 turns (2 years) regarding political matters.
    Also almost every intrigue now pops up a lot of custom and random incidents, to add variations and stories to the intrigues themselves.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; January 28, 2019 at 07:58 AM.

Ok, my experiences from the first 40 turns with Atropatkan:

- using Civil Administration gives all my new recruited units 9 expierence. I imagine this is because Civil Admin lowers the experience level of recruits by one, thus giving new ones without any experience -1. Seems as the game sees this as 9 exp
    - I know you explain the "Increase Political Gravitas" in one of the many posts on the first page but not ingame. I wasted 40 experience before I read that I can't do it on my own party...
    - "Military Management" is missing text and information

Otherwise it works like a charm. The only problem is to keep count on all the faction influences, loyalty effects etc. Loyalty changes almost every round, to a very high degree (if you use intrigues of course). I don't know if it would be better to make the loss and gain of loyalty less extreme but effective over longer duration?

I guess it's not possible to compile the many different outcomes of events and intrigues in the faction screen for better visibility? Like "bad effects: [add summary]" and "good effects: [add summary]". Or at least something in this direction with more options? It's rather hard to keep track on all the effects right now...

Patrician

- using Civil Administration gives all my new recruited units 9 expierence. I imagine this is because Civil Admin lowers the experience level of recruits by one, thus giving new ones without any experience -1. Seems as the game sees this as 9 exp
    Oops , I noticed that some time ago and forgot to mod it
    Check patch into # 39

- I know you explain the "Increase Political Gravitas" in one of the many posts on the first page but not ingame. I wasted 40 experience before I read that I can't do it on my own party...
    Next update will have them dividied between ruling party and others, also there will be a couple more changes about intrigues.
    Maybe with experience you meant gravitas

- "Military Management" is missing text and information
    Yup, I'll check texts

-
    I don't know if it would be better to make the loss and gain of loyalty less extreme but effective over longer duration?
    That's an idea, but I've already divided basic loyalty effects (the scripted ones from intrigue) to 4 and 8 turns and to do it for custom random incident effects would mean I'll have to add others effects for loyalty only, spamming even more you with icons. I've set intrigue incidents for 4 turns, think this should be good. I'm planning to diversify it for 12 tpy version.

-I guess it's not possible to compile the many different outcomes of events and intrigues in the faction screen for better visibility?
    They will be shown in the intrigue panel (go over the effect icon) and reported into faction effects, it's not easy when you have many, but you can track them. I will release an excel sheet with the list.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; January 29, 2019 at 09:38 AM.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

amazing work Jake! i always wanted something like this and especially i like the icons and the more informations about the characters that now we can see. ! A kind request. If it is possible can we have the traits name of a character ( opponent including ) or at least his age on the portrait box or when you hover the cursor on general effects? just to make the opponent more of a person ( ex. i am fighting an educated, chearfull, 45 years old barbarian chiftain )

Patrician

Yeah should be doable, but I'm keeping the tooltips (windowed texts) for others things me and ivanpera are planning for Aequilibrium Fidei.
    For PIGS I'll do an age effect (for player's generals only) with some feature about current health (since I've flu today ). I've most of the script ready.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 13, 2019 at 11:16 AM.

Very interesting project, i'll try this beta as soon as i'll start a new campaign!

Patrician

Thanks, I would wait for next realease tbh

Yeah should be doable, but I'm keeping the tooltips (windowed texts) for others things me and ivanpera are planning for Aequilibrium Fidei
    oh , shame, i always hoped that somehow you can see enemies traits and age, like rome 1. For roleplaying perpuses. So, are you planning to make age to have an impact? ( lower hit points etc etc? ) By the way i started today a new campaign with seleucid, should wait you say?

Patrician

yeah, age effect will have a slight impact, I've already done it for testudo. I'm gonna change it and add health status.

Dunno, beta_01 is a beta_01, I wouldn't want to ruin your campaign, even if testings are really needed.
    Hoping next release will be more playable and interesting.

till now seems way more intresting and dont have any real issues. Waiting for this to grow and mature, and by waiting i mean playing with it if at the end you have any free tooltips space consider to input the age of the AI characters. Ps . Ai now can "assasinate" your family members?

Patrician

No, don't think so, are you talkink about assassinate/ostracize?
    It can't be given to Others Parties, it's hardcoded.
    Or are you talking about the assassination event? It has always been in the game, I'll check into cdir how it works.

I see you are an expert for Rome 2 political system. I wan't to change cooldown turns for government actions(elections) Apointing consuls, dictator,,,
    I searched in campaign variables table but couldn't found anything related, Can you help?

Thanks.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    I see you are an expert for Rome 2 political system. I wan't to change cooldown turns for government actions(elections) Apointing consuls, dictator,,,
    I searched in campaign variables table but couldn't found anything related, Can you help?

Thanks.
    I think its something loyalty effects or political party for the table. It’s close to the bottom if that helps at all, if you still can’t find it I can shoot you over the name in a little

Looks very promising, I'll give it a shot for my next new campaign.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Wait why does this say it’s incompatible with realism haha