Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Political Overhaul] PIGS Alpha_02 (DeI 1.2.5) [upd: jun.09/19]

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_03 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED! [upd. feb.09/19]

I agree 100%

When you'll have time, thx
    PM me if you need some explanations about the concept.

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_03 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED! [upd. feb.09/19]

What you want to do seems pretty clear, I'll just aim at simplifying the process.

I guess your problems with random generation come from the fact that you are using os.clock() instead of os.time() for the randomseed initialization: those are different functions
    (Delete those random calls to math random. As I said, they serve no purpose)
    Last edited by ivanpera; February 25, 2019 at 01:01 PM.

Patrician

os.clock() instead of os.time()
    Ah, seems I copied it from an old script, didn't notice that...

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpera View Post
    How about giving a flat minor bonus to young people's Physical status, a bigger one to Adults and a malus for older ones? (And so forth with the other two attributes).
    This way every stage of life will have is pros and shortcomings
    I guess it would still be good to some randomness here to reflect those periods of temporary inability due to, for example, illness, but overall I like this approach.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

I can accept any style, but it has to be coherent and above all, not sponged.
    hmm, seems i stoke a chord here

again a little hasty work with the 50χ50 px source icons, now rescaled on 500x500 px . something like that would be better? anyway, if i found a break till evening ill make something i have in mind
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails usurp legacy.jpg   educate child.png   Dc2r7Bv.jpg  

Patrician

General's Status

Yesterday ivanpera (praise him) send me a "redone from scratch" script.
    It's easier to control, modify and probably less time consuming for turn waitings.

So, this is probably what I'm gonna do
    1) squeeze bonuses/maluses "gaussian curve" (less difference) as suggested by Seleukos
    2) revert to the 5 years pace (smoother scale for penalties and bonuses and better for 12 tpy)

3) change effects this way:

removed :
    - General Gravitas, there is too much difference and since Intrigues work with Gravitas better to remove it
    - Province Building cost, it was the most useless regarding economy effects
    - Army Experience %, Army Replenishment is more important to me, so I'll remove this one
    I could put Army Experience % (which is a good effect for General's Status) linked to age only, the older the general the more exp he gives (with slight variations between age ranges)

effects (I've moved some, following nikossaiz's advices, they are more shuffled but still coherent):

MORAL (AUT):
    - Province PO
    - Province Culture
    - Unit Upkeep Cost
    - Army Replenishment

MENTAL (CUN):
    - Province Gdp
    - Province Growth
    - Army Defense
    - Unit Morale

PHYSICAL (ZEA):
    - Army Attack
    - Army Strat Movement
    - Province Banditry
    - Unit Recruitment Cost

You don't have to think about MOR/MEN/PHY as statuses related to themselves only.
    Think about any RPG, stats resemble a character overall's abilities, not just what they literally mean.

----------------

I'll try to do a kill_script depending on age.
    If it works characters max age will be 69 (the number of eternal love ) but they'll start to have dice rolls (for dying event) at 45 or 50. The older they are, the higher are % probabilities.
    Reducing the turns you play with the same characters is really a good thing imo.

----------------

@nikos:
    Really coll, man!
    They are good, if you still want to work on them, well, you're welcome, but they are ok this way.
    I would remove eyes and nose for the Promote Politician, he pretty seems a ghost this way.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 26, 2019 at 03:57 AM.

It's easier to control, modify and probably less time consuming for turn waitings.
    yes! even more less waiting when the AI submod will come to the play ! long live ivanpera ( well, longer than the 69 max years lod generals at least, witch lead me to the next point )

Seleucus' year of birth is unclear. Justin claims he was 77 years old during the battle of Corupedium - Appianus tells us Seleucus was 73 years old during the battle, which means 354 BC would be the year of birth
    i would push the fix max death age to 80 at least. maybe after 69 can higher the death chances?

effects (I've moved some, following nikossaiz's advices, they are more shuffled but still coherent)
    i hope it will turn to be for the best of our gameplaying.

They are good, if you still want to work on them, well, you're welcome
    ill try to make them vectors and see if something better can come up with them.

I would remove eyes and nose for the Promote Politician, he pretty seems a ghost this way.
    i thought the same
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 26, 2019 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Language.

Patrician

Kill_script: dunno, I can do different packs btw, first thing is to see if script works or not
    Seems to me 80 years are more than vanilla's, btw.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 26, 2019 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Watch your mouth...

Jake, if you are planning on implementing my suggestion on the logic of the submod, once you are done send it back to me: there's probably more to be made in terms of organization.

Send me the last Fides Populi version too, maybe I can modify it even more
    Last edited by ivanpera; February 26, 2019 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    General's Status

So, this is probably what I'm gonna do
    1) squeeze bonuses/maluses "gaussian curve" (less difference) as suggested by Seleukos
    2) revert to the 5 years pace (smoother scale for penalties and bonuses and better for 12 tpy)
    This sounds great, Jake. Much tidier and well thought.

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    yes! even more less waiting when the AI submod will come to the play ! long live ivanpera ( well, longer than the 69 max years lod generals at least, witch lead me to the next point )

Seleucus' year of birth is unclear. Justin claims he was 77 years old during the battle of Corupedium - Appianus tells us Seleucus was 73 years old during the battle, which means 354 BC would be the year of birth
    i would push the fix max death age to 80 at least. maybe after 69 can higher the death chances?
    Yeah, some of them could indeed live longer and still be active in the very advanced age. Antigonos the One-Eyed, for example, was 80+ when he died in the battle of Ipsus.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; February 27, 2019 at 02:11 AM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpera View Post
    Jake, if you are planning on implementing my suggestion on the logic of the submod, once you are done send it back to me: there's probably more to be made in terms of organization.

Send me the last Fides Populi version too, maybe I can modify it even more
    Ok, I'll do, I've taken a glance to your script and think I've understood it, so I can continue alone.

I've never changed anything since you send me the last refactored version, I'll PM you it if you've lost it.
    I'll also decribe you better what the plans are, so, if you wish, you can start working on other scripts.
    One thing you can do, for now, is to make a basic refactored version for characters' features (for now we have worked onto factions only).

ok, that is somewhat like final, icons now are rescaled to 10 x 10 cm as vectors so we can also print them on a t-shirt if we want.now, Wich one style for the messages, the white or the light brown icon? i prefer the brown ones. Also jake, the backround image has larger resolution or this is it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails appoint_field_officer A.png   appoint_field_officer.png   gather_power A.png   gather_power.png  
    Last edited by nikossaiz; February 26, 2019 at 12:23 PM.

Patrician

How much for a T-shirt?

They are really good!
    I would say it's up to you to decide which one to use.
    My favourite is the third but with some transparency inside, like the fourth. Well, so the fourth but black. Also white is cool, maybe too much prominent.
    Your choice anyway.

So, we'll change also Intrigues icons, right? Fine, but I would need the pics without transparency or the different background color (green/blue/yellow/red) will come out. Or maybe would be good, dunno.
    You got the concept.

Event background has this resolution 'cause it's set by the game, we could put larger images but the game would resize them automatically.
    What is it? 380x214? Fine if so.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 26, 2019 at 12:41 PM.

well , i just rescale the pixels and make a few fixes, like they do when they make a remaster copy of an old point and click adventure. So it is not necessary to change the button icons. The messages will be an "artistic" version of the button icons lets say. I ll have them done all tomorrow, i ll send you the remade icons seperatly as png also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-3.jpg  

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

God, I'm spending more time (tidying up Jake's thread) than I should.

Also, language please...be more careful guys.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 26, 2019 at 02:41 PM.

Nice work on these icons, Niko.

Personally, I like better the filled ones.

first of all, this is my first post ever yay me. secondly love the look of this mod right up my alley, So with the mod installed it clearly works as i can see all the new intrigues and actions in the politics tabs, i can see the loyalty effects of each general as well and gain the bonus, but for example when i use civil administration, all i gain is + food like the vanilla function, is this correct? secondly i don't see the intrigues appear in the summary tab under traits as well like on the pictures on page 1. Also i do not get any random incidents occurring after using an intrigue like described and shown in the pictures on page 1. I was reading through the comments and i read one from Jake saying if you don't have the pick_faction pack correct then you will not receive the random incidents occurring but for the life of me i could not find anything.

Mods im using are scipios realism, fides, a few graphic mods and the english names. Please note that i launched the game with only DEI and PIGs and still the same issue, if an issue at all.

It is Done. Now that i see the final result I strogly suggest to replace the icons also Jake. I add them as png seperattly. But anyway this is your choice. See and deside.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cw0v4pve3rfifpn/TELIKA.7z/file

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails send_diplomat.png   ostricize_politician.png   political_surveillance.png  
    Last edited by nikossaiz; February 27, 2019 at 03:07 AM.

Awesome, Niko!

Patrician

Great work nikossaiz, thanks for doing it.
    I'll check them later.