Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Political Overhaul] PIGS Alpha_02 (DeI 1.2.5) [upd: jun.09/19]

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_01 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED!

I keep getting CTD upon loading campaign, was wondering if you could tell me which other mod I have that might cause it; larger battlefields, 12TPY, Age of hellenism, Orbis Terrarum, Scipio's Realism, Benjin's AAA (Rome and Greek, with the polybian generals only submod), Historical Family System - Gens Julia, A music pack, HD Cities, a DeI pre update patch. I have some graphical mods for battles as well (reskins, particle effects) but I don't think one of them would be the culprit.
    Last edited by Falco; February 01, 2019 at 08:42 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_01 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED!

Check which one of those packs modifies: "DeI1 > campaigns > main rome > scripting.lua" and you''ll find the culprit.

surely not:
    - 12 tpy
    - age of hellenism
    - AAA
    - historical fam sys
    - music
    - HD
    - graph mods
    - scipio's realism

please report when you find it, so I can keep track
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 03, 2019 at 07:50 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    I keep getting CTD upon loading campaign, was wondering if you could tell me which other mod I have that might cause it; larger battlefields, 12TPY, Age of hellenism, Orbis Terrarum, Scipio's Realism, Benjin's AAA (Rome and Greek, with the polybian generals only submod), Historical Family System - Gens Julia, A music pack, HD Cities, a DeI pre update patch. I have some graphical mods for battles as well (reskins, particle effects) but I don't think one of them would be the culprit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Check which one of those packs modifies: "DeI1 > campaigns > main rome > scripting.lua" and you''ll find the culprit.

surely not:
    - 12 tpy
    - age of hellenism
    - AAA
    - historical fam sys
    - music
    - HD
    - graph mods

please report when you find it, so I can keep track
    I'm guessing Scipio's mod since it has the most changes.Right Jake ?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 02, 2019 at 01:04 PM.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I'm guessing Scipio's mod since it has the most changes.Right Jake ?
    Incorrect, my mod doesn’t have any Lua scripts in the campaign thread.

Patrician

Yeah, isn't scipio's, me and falco discussed privately and he probably has some mod manager issue

@scipio: btw, why you didn't put that diplomacy script of yours into realism? Just courious.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 03, 2019 at 08:15 AM.

Great idea but is it normal to get a 100% civil war?

Patrician

it depends, how can I tell you if you don't describe anything?

please upload the save game so I can check myself your status

Icon9 Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_01 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED!

Thank u, unfortunately I can not, I use 20 mods (all of them DEI-combility) and maybe this is the cause of the issue.

In my roman campaign, the option send emissary doesn't trigger the random event.

Patrician

Are you talking about send diplomat (and not send emissary)?
    I didn't mod send diplomat yet. It won't have custom incidents bw.

Tomorrow I'm gonna release next version anyway.
    - changes to intrigues (values, inident payloads/effects and some intrigue replacement, like Consult Aruspex, Party Meeting and Political Oration)
    - better intrigue texts descriptions
    - corrections here and there
    - lowered loyalty
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 13, 2019 at 11:18 AM.

Yes, sorry, i meant send diplomat option. If doesnt' trigger the random event, then text should be adapted because it says it will happen.

Are you talking about send diplomat (and not send emissary)?
    I didn't mod send diplomat yet. It won't have custom incidents bw.

Tomorrow I'm gonna release next version anyway.
    - changes to intrigues (values, inident payloads/effects and some intrigue replacement, like Consult Aruspex, Party Meeting and Political Oration)
    - better intrigue texts descriptions
    - corrections here and there
    - lowered loyalty

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Awesome! Will it still be compatible with my current savings and sub-mods build (Alternative Economy, Cultural Tensio and Age of Hellenism)?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Auchan View Post
    Yes, sorry, i meant send diplomat option. If doesnt' trigger the random event, then text should be adapted because it says it will happen.
    Awesome! Will it still be compatible with my current savings and sub-mods build (Alternative Economy, Cultural Tensio and Age of Hellenism)?
    send diplomat is the intirgue with the dove (6th green), not the one with the flag (4th green), I don't think I edited its text, I'll check

Dunno if it's compatible, incidents effects may cause issues, since I've changed many of them
    The other thing worrying me is a particular table for some loyalty effects, I've seen changing this sometimes make a mess, mostly for the first loaded turn, after end turn things should go on their place

PIGS_Beta_02
    IS OUT !

- Reworked Intrigues, some have been replaced, some are new
    - Rebalanced Intrigue Incidents, some have been rewritten
    - Rewritten Intrigue Texts, it's easier to understand what they'll do, now
    - Rebalanced many effect values
    - Lowered Loyalty
    - Check Civil War post to download packs for easier Loyalty
    - Some changes to PIGS script made by ivanpera (rep him), no need for factions packs now.

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO START A NEW CAMPAIGN IF YOU WERE PLAYING WITH PIGS_Beta_01
    Dunno what will happen with loaded incidents effects. Maybe it will crash, maybe not

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 13, 2019 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_02 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED! [upd. feb.04/19]

Good work mate!

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_02 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED! [upd. feb.04/19]

Awesome, Jake!

I've just loaded up your packs and started a new campaign with it.

The concept looks very interesting at the first glance. I've noticed already a relatively lower loyalty for all the parties, which means that in the near future I'll have to pay close attention to it and interact with this system much more than before. That's great!

One observation right off the bat. The intrigues I've used at first were the military administration and civil administration. I was frankly a bit confused about their purpose - partly my own fault as I haven't read properly their description here on the forum - but I think it will be actually a sensible move if you add some short description about what they do. Military admin. replaced the organize games intrigue and once you click on it you see the current PO state in each province, which intuitively makes you think that this intrigue will boost your PO while the opposite is actually true. With the civil administration you see in the panel the current state of food production which doesn't help, either. Is there a way to mod this so that both, for example, show the PO in the provinces, or is this hardcoded?

Also, I've noticed that there are certain incidents associated with these intrigues which occur very often, though not always. Wouldn't it be more sensible to actually trigger them every time you use one of these intrigues as there would always be some sort of response among the population of the given province?

Patrician

- yeah, loyalty is lower, but I've done a couple of packs to customize it, when and if it's too low

- their effect are shown into province panel once triggered, since they are fixed I didn't think to do a description, but I can report something, yes.
    Civil and Military are a sort of mirror (same effects with "opposed" values, even if not exactly the opposite), if you use them both in the same province values will tend to 0.
    No, you can't remove PO nor food shown into description

- incidents are random generated, they have different probabilities to be triggered. You can check values into PIGS script.
    Tbh, I like the randomness, in reality you can't control other people responses and it will lead to different campaigns based on an invisible relationship you can't control
    Incidents via script can affect Faction only, they can't be directed to charcters nor provinces nor whatever, global only

My intention is to transform PIGS into a community mod, so anyone can say its piece about changes, or even mod it
    If there's something without proper sense, I'll always been open to change it
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 05, 2019 at 05:22 AM.

I’m at 180 turn-ish do you think it safe to download this mod?
    or I just need to make a new campaign with this?

Patrician

I wouldn't do it if I were you.
    Better to use it with a new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by quachandy99 View Post
    I’m at 180 turn-ish do you think it safe to download this mod?
    or I just need to make a new campaign with this?
    It's save compatible, i just tried it but i guess you can feel more the changes if you start a new campaign.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

- their effect are shown into province panel once triggered, since they are fixed I didn't think to do a description, but I can report something, yes.
    Civil and Military are a sort of mirror (same effects with "opposed" values, even if not exactly the opposite), if you use them both in the same province values will tend to 0.
    No, you can't remove PO nor food shown into description
    Sure thing, Jake! I didn't mean to include the extensive description of all their effects in the intrigue panel, just a couple of words to describe shortly what the player should expect from these civil and military admin. intrigues.

- incidents are random generated, they have different probabilities to be triggered. You can check values into PIGS script.
    Tbh, I like the randomness, in reality you can't control other people responses and it will lead to different campaigns based on an invisible relationship you can't control
    Incidents via script can affect Faction only, they can't be directed to charcters nor provinces nor whatever, global only
    All right, I see. I think I must have initially misunderstood the concept and the workings behind those intrigue-associated incidents. So basically, those 'very good response', 'slightly bad response', etc. incidents are faction-wide and are connected with all the intrigues and not only with civil and military admin., right? Randomness is good, of course, but I still think, however, that they should trigger every time you use the intrigue as there would always be some sort of response to it. Otherwise, there is this feeling that something went wrong if there is no incident, like the script did not work this time, or sth of the like.

-------------------

I have basically done 20+ turns thus far with PIGS on the newly-started campaign with the Ptolemies and I think that there is definitely some issue with the loyalty.

For the first 10+ turns the loyalty was working just fine. It started pretty low, which was good, and then it was either increasing or decreasing slightly each turn for each political party depending on what was going on in the campaign.

For the past 10 turns or so it seems like something got badly out of sync, though. Every other turn the loyalty goes either very high to something like +40-60 for each party just to drop it next turn to -40-60 for each party regardless of what is actually going on in the campaign. It's a very consisent pattern that repeats itself every other turn.

When I mouse overy the loyalty icon for each party there is a number of values there like for example Bigot +4, Diplomat -5, etc. and then there is this very high number of approx. 40-45 for 'other factors' which changes its value from positive to negative regurarly every turn. Something must be wrong with it, I suppose.

Just for the record, I'm playing this campaign with Scipio's Realism + upgradeable roads, CT and Age of Hellenism.

If that can be of any help, I can provide saves for each turn tonight.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; February 07, 2019 at 02:38 AM.

Patrician

That's not good at all.
    I noticed this while using saved games, but not while using PIGS from start.

Think I know why is this way, later I'll do a pack reverting some modifications I've done and that, probably, can't simply be done.

Anyone else having this issue?
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 07, 2019 at 09:45 AM.