Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Political Overhaul] PIGS Alpha_02 (DeI 1.2.5) [upd: jun.09/19]

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_03 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED! [upd. feb.09/19]

Damn absolutely agree with Seleukos, the coloured ones are the best !

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_03 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED! [upd. feb.09/19]

Is it only me or everytime you load a game and use a political intrigue the custom incidents wont work on that turn. They will only occur the next turn if you use an intrigue

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Kròmbopulous View Post
    Is it only me or everytime you load a game and use a political intrigue the custom incidents wont work on that turn. They will only occur the next turn if you use an intrigue
    That's weird but could be even if the script should trigger when you push the button and activate the event.
    I'll check, thx.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 27, 2019 at 04:36 PM.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

I honestly prefer them without the transparency as in the Nikos' version, but that's obviously merely my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    That's weird but could be even if the script should trigger when you push the button and activate the event.
    I'll check, thx.
    Fyi : even if intrigue pressed on first turn of load a load game, it still does not appear under faction traits in summary, only after initiating an intrigue the turn after loading it will occur.

Other than that awesome mod love your work keep it up!!

------------------------------

I've quickly done some variations to nikos' images.
    - I don't like much his background, it's too dense and rich for the eye, I prefer vanilla's honestly (maybe it could be done a little darker so the black silhouette will tend to be less evident)
    - I've reduced icon sizes and gave them some transparencies for a better amalgamation
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

that's nikos'

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

You can procced as you see fit jake, that is why i make seperrate png icons ( wich you can make as many t-shirts with them on as you want I blur the background so that it want blend much with the icons.and make the latter big in order to shaw the painting details on them ( like the intro from the HBO rome ). well, you can desaturate them a little or boost up the brightness or better still, make a 2nd version or a submod with either ones and everyone can have what he prefers! ( mine messages with the version that shows age for the AI for example ) i am happy that you can use them, the way its up to you!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Excellent base work from Nikos

I also prefer the less transparent version though.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    I honestly prefer them without the transparency as in the Nikos' version, but that's obviously merely my personal opinion.
    Me too.

Patrician

removed
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 13, 2019 at 11:27 AM.

Love them !!!!

-------------------
    EDIT

Ok, this is how UIs will be shown into Alpha_01
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Very nice, Jake, they look awesome!

very good indeed! I love especially how the reactions and countereactions make sence! What actors are in total ? and may i ask, if i understand it right, we will have 12 level of countereactions, -6 to 6 right? When all your submods are out of beta a manual pdf should be wonderfull, especially for newly players! Good job as always!

PS how you guys post pictures ( not as attachments ) that i can see them large without click on them?
    Last edited by nikossaiz; February 28, 2019 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    PS how you guys post pictures ( not as attachments ) that i can see them large without click on them?
    You've got to host them somewhere first and then just share a hotlink for forums here on TWC. I'm using postimage.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    very good indeed! I love especially how the reactions and countereactions make sence! What actors are in total ? and may i ask, if i understand it right, we will have 12 level of countereactions, -6 to 6 right? When all your submods are out of beta a manual pdf should be wonderfull, especially for newly players! Good job as always!

ACTORS:
    - population
    - military
    - ruling party
    - other parties

RESPONSES:
    - Very Bad (LV -3)
    - Bad (LV -2)
    - Slightly Bad (LV -1)
    - Average (LV 0) - NO ACTOR
    - Slightly Good (LV 1)
    - Good (LV 2)
    - Very Good (LV 3)

For some Intrigues (pol marriage, entice, adopt and some others) there won't be any ACTOR, just RELATIONS.
    Into first post, under Intrigues, there should be a full list.
    Speaking about RELATIONS, their RESPONSES have always the same level but sometimes they are described differently (like for ostracize).
    Most of the Intrigues have different ratios about actors and responses (or relations), I have them into excel sheets but there are a lot of things inside.
    Anyway I'm planning to make some changes for future updates. We'll see.

Dunno, I'm against manuals, I would lose a lot of time doing them and I don't really think people would read them (or understand since I don't really think I would write them in a good way).
    Best way is that people interested in these types of micromanagements just play some campaigns and adapt their gameplay to the submods.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 28, 2019 at 04:16 AM.

Dunno, I'm against manuals Best way is that people interested in these types of micromanagements just play some campaigns and adapt their gameplay to the submods.
    ok, is time concuming indeed and we surelly dont want ( i believe i speak on behalf of eveyone here ) you to be distracted from anything else than moding. I wasnt speak for a detailed one with all the ecxel sheets or the mathimatical numbers. Just all the things you already wrote in this forum, were to hover to see what etch. It is that you put so many work on it that any new player should see it. But someone can always read the first post, so well...

Patrician

Yep, a well done first post (first four, to tell the truth) will do most of the work and describe all concepts.

@nikossaiz:
    I'll need custom event images for these 3 ui too
    And, please, send me the background without any other image above
    Thx
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 13, 2019 at 11:27 AM.

Dunno, I'm against manuals, I would lose a lot of time doing them and I don't really think people would read them (or understand since I don't really think I would write them in a good way).
    Best way is that people interested in these types of micromanagements just play some campaigns and adapt their gameplay to the submods.
    Absolutely agree. Even so you have such a limited time.

Patrician

YO!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

YO!
    This is TWC not your neighborhood...English Jake, do you speak it ?