Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New faction icons (ready to download) - RELEASED for Dac V4

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: New faction icons

More adjustments (on bree, and a few others had their contrast reworked).

Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Uhmm could you please go back to the old Isengard logo, this one is a bit weird, it feels like saruman is in class trying to answer a question

These look absolutely wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by skylli View Post
    Uhmm could you please go back to the old Isengard logo, this one is a bit weird, it feels like saruman is in class trying to answer a question
    The old one with the paint flowing down looked better in my opinion, too.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Icons look great! I do agree with the above comments though; The new one reminds me too much of Aexodus' old avatar
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

I've been following the progress and must say these are looking really incredible! Just to add some more to my initial impressions, perhaps for Dale the arrow could be recoloured black if that doesn't look tacky. Also, I think it was suggested earlier but swapping Gundabad & GoM could work, a blood-red wolf on white snow looks a lot more threatening as Gundabad whilst the mountains could be recoloured to represent the Misty Mountain goblins.

I also enjoy how you've grouped each culture through a common outline; just thinking off-hand I wonder what that would look like on the campaign map? Dwarves, elves, orcs etc all using the same outline colour, keeping of course the fill-in colour to distinguish them. I'm curious whether that would look good or not. But i digress...

Any and all changes of course up to you Cedric, thanks for your time and effort man !!

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Icons look great! I do agree with the above comments though; The new one reminds me too much of Aexodus' old avatar
    I’m pretty sure it’s the same image lol

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknF...DexterHand.png
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Patrician Citizen

Well thanks guys, must say could not agree more for Isengard, so back to the old hand, but I have removed the nails so it can be human (Sarumane ?).
    For Moria and Gundabad I made the switch, yeah this red wolf look damn good on white that's true

Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

These look absolutely amazing! All unique in their own right while simultaneously all fit together quite nicely I think.

Burlini's Avatar Libertus

They look absolutely amazing. I do have 2 minor points though: now that the nails of the hand of Isengard have been removed I see smudges above the first three fingers. Can these be removed?
    Also the horse of Rohan is already a lot improved from the previous version, but I still feel it can be a bit more intimidating. Perhaps the horse can be a bit more buff ore maybe the horse should be staggering. Anyhow these icons look absolutely stunning.

Burlini's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Burlini View Post
    They look absolutely amazing. I do have 2 minor points though: now that the nails of the hand of Isengard have been removed I see smudges above the first three fingers. Can these be removed?
    Also the horse of Rohan is already a lot improved from the previous version, but I still feel it can be a bit more intimidating. Perhaps the horse can be a bit more buff or maybe the horse should be staggering. Anyhow these icons look absolutely stunning.
    I meant prancing course.

Patrician Citizen

Thank you guys for your input

I've made adjustment to the hand and globally added a gloss effect on all icons, not 100% sure on this one, but I think it looks nicer
    For Rohan's horse I see your point, maybe if I can find an outstanding base picture for it, I'll change it

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Those look great! The hand of saruman looks much better with a gloss effect.

The enedwaith symbol... is that a Skyrim standing stone?

ps, could you please send me the rohan one individually if possible? I’d love to have it
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Patrician Citizen

Thanks mate, yes the enedwaith symbol is from Skyrim, well spotted but hey a standing stone is a standing stone ^^
    I'll send you the rohan icon, no problem, not asking you what for, hope this is not for a hacker site or some other illegal activity

Those look fantastic. Great work Cedric.

Love all the icons (I will be honest) besides the Dorwinion. Perhaps it can be grapevines/wine cup/both/. Just my 2 cents.

Where can I download your awesome work?

Those are some amazing icons.

Foederatus

Looks nice. I personally prefer the older version of the Bree icon. I also really liked the previous horse of the Rohan as well, it looked more historical as well.
    Does it make sense for Moria to have a bat on the flag?
    Is there a lore behind the wolf on the Gundabad icon?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by cecxla View Post
    Is there a lore behind the wolf on the Gundabad icon?
    http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/White_wolves

Foederatus

i don't like the current wolf design either actually, looks bit too modern and proportional, I think that one would benefit with a bit more heraldic, hand-drawn wolf design, like the Rohan one. but all the other ones I like.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Marvelous! I especially like the elven and dwarven ones, they're a great reference to the lore, easily distinguishable and they still look uniform.
    @cecxla: Bats live in caves, so I guess - why not? I disagree with you on the horse, the old one seemed to be standing around doing nothing or even grazing - taht's not what you'd expect. To me, this one looks a bit too realistic. What do you think about the icon from the (English) wikipedia?

I get your point about Dorwinion, though, its icon is more stylized than the other ones.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast