Thread: A Request for Aid

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default A Request for Aid

Corwyn Corbray, assigned by Her Grace, Queen Rhaenyra, charters a boat from Dragonstone, around Crackclaw Point, to the Riverlords that surrounded the Bay of Crabs. There were three in total that the Valeman Knight needed to visit, first of them being House Mooton of Maidenpool. The next was House Deddings of Deddington and House Cox of Saltspan. These three lords could easily marshal knights and bannermen to join the main army gathering in Crackclaw Point. Enough to make a significant addition to the royal forces gathering. He landed within the harbor of Maidenpool and sought to speak with the Lord Mooton on behalf of Queen Rhaenyra.

Corwyn has a +3 Charisma
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Default Re: A Request for Aid

Lord Mooton warily accepts Corwyn's request for an audience, and the Valesman is led into the main hall of the modest keep that they call their home.

"Ser Corbray. I hear word that the Vale is marching."

He said, matter of factly.

Citizen

Ser Corwyn bows to Lord Mooton.

My Lord Mooton, you hear correctly. My good father, Lord Corbray, has certainly joined Her Grace in the fight against Aegon the Usurper.

The Valeman then raises himself to proper posture before continuing to speak.

I have been tasked with gathering those loyal to Rhaenyra. Those who swore an oath of fealty to her when they were called to recognize her as Viserys's lawful heir. It is by the act of sin against the Seven, and by the words of dishonest counsel, that Aegon has usurped the throne and disregarded the will of his father. How can a man be trusted to be King? A man who disregards his own father's desires?

Corwyn sighs deeply before speaking further.

Lord Mooton, I ask that you raise your banners to aid the Queen. Those who help her will not be forgotten, but be generously rewarded. For sure, dragons may win the battle, but they cannot keep a realm together. No, that is up to loyal and good men who serve their liege honestly and virtuously. They will be the ones remembered for helping the realm reunite once the war is over.

Lord Mooton harrumphed, clearly unimpressed.

"I want no part in this. My father swore an oath, but I didn't. It will take much for me to consider raising my banners for... Your Queen."

His tone flirted with disrespect, at the least, but the fact he had not dismissed Corbray yet suggested he could be convinced.

Citizen

And yet oaths do not end because the oathkeeper has died, Lord Mooton.

Corwyn speaks plainly to the Riverlord.

My father made the oath to Lady Rhaenyra and the late King Viserys and I intend to carry it out. Others have done the same; House Velaryon, House Arryn, the Crackclaw Lords and more gather behind Rhaenyra. An oath is a sacred pledge after all. An oath must be kept until it is fulfilled. I, like others, intend to fight and die to see Her Grace be placed upon the throne.

The Valeman gestures behind him, southward towards the Crownlands.

Remember, my Lord, those who aid the Queen are rewarded amply for their support. I hear the Bay of Crabs is without a High Lord... and Her Grace told me of the power and prestige of House Mooton, who she held in very high regard. She believed that if Lord Mooton supported her cause, then others would follow his example. His example of keeping an oath and supporting the rightful heir.

Mooton's brow furrowed a little, and it seemed like an age had passed before he eventually gave a slow nod of assent.

"Fine. If the Queen can protect me and mine from Aegon's dragons, I'll join her. But I expect this promise to be kept, understand?"

He waved a finger in admonishment.

"I will raise my men and await word from Her Grace, Ser Corbray. That will be all."

Citizen

If you will lend me a raven, I shall let Her Grace know of your desire to join and the promise you wish to be made.

Ser Corwyn bows his head to Lord Mooton in thanks. Once that is done, a raven is sent to the Queen's army, somewhere in the Crownlands.

Citizen

Gonna reused this thread for Strong's visit to House Vance

Having gained the support of Blackwood, Robin rides south to Wayfarer's Rest where his wife's cousins, House Vance, ruled over these lands. He came up to the keep of the main branch, requesting an audience with Lord Vance.