Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: The host of the Vale

  1. #41
    Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    9,790

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfus View Post
    With their position before the walls of Darry deemed secure, Daemon calls a war council of the prominent commanders left to discuss their strategy.
    Templeton, deeming himself a prominent commander, attends the war council.

  2. #42
    Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21,275

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    Lord Corbray and Ser Corwyn join the war council.

    =========================

    A raven arrives from Harrenhal, bearing word from Ser Strong.

    To Her Grace, Rhaenyra, the First of Her Name, [additional titles inserted here],

    I bring word of a great host gathering to aid your cause. House Strong, along with House Blackwood and Piper, have gathered, with a number of other houses, both noble and knightly, in mustering many thousands for your cause. We gather before the walls and within the confines of Harrenhal where we await your command. I bring word though that Lord Tully has not agreed to my advice and seeks to aid the Usurper. If it is your will, I will lead this host to prevent him from joining forces with those who gather against you in King's Landing. We will move our troops at your command. Know that these lords are faithful to your cause and remember the oath that your late father, His Grace, Viserys, gave to ensure you would be his rightful successor.

    Signed
    Ser Robin Strong, acting Lord of Harrenhal and Castellan of the Five Towers.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; January 25, 2019 at 01:08 PM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed


  3. #43

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    At some point the banners of House Tully were sighted - yet with the difference that the fish upon the banners was painted black. Further meetings with scouts between both sides confirmed, that Lord Kirth Tully has more or less accidentaly found the Queen's men. Judging their faces, most of his men were already marching for days - even though they were few, fivehundred men at best, they nontheless showed some discipline.
    Riding ahead, with his three sons following on a knight's horseback each, the leader of the Army eventually showed up in order to request a meeting with her grace, the Queen, as he had recently recieved news regarding his choice to join up with the woman, he deemed as the rightful ruler upon the Iron Throne.



  4. #44
    Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11,632

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    Ander Royce arrives with the Vale contingent. The young man would hardly be deemed prominent, but still he came with the other Vale commanders Lamentation sheathed on his hip. The young man goes to sit with his brother in law Corbray.

  5. #45
    Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    16,469

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    "I do know it, Lady Rhaenys. My... ahemmm... grandmother"

    He blushed to the point of his rather big ears, only half-covered by the silvery curls. It wasn't easy to assimilate his grandmother was none but a Would be Queen, it was hard enough to know Lord Velaryon was his grandfather.

    "Yes, Seasmoke and I bonded. I visited his lair and... well"

    The thrill of flying was the best he had ever done, the feeling of mounting a dragon could not compare to any other pleasure he knew; but he didn't know, to be fair, all pleasures of the flesh, and there were some he craved but denied himself.

    "Thanks, my lady"
    "Yes...yes." Rhaenys nodded, almost absently, as she continued to study the young Addam. The resemblance between him and Laenor was truly undeniable at this point. "That is good to hear, grandson. Though I suspect if you had not bonded with Seasmoke upon entering his lair, well, you would not be here, now would you?"

    "So. Do tell," She paused to get her cup refilled by a servant, "What were you and your...brother up to, before the war broke out? Were you fishermen, or sailors, or both? Driftmark is more fertile than Dragonstone, but you do not give me the impression of a farmer."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfus View Post
    With their position before the walls of Darry deemed secure, Daemon calls a war council of the prominent commanders left to discuss their strategy.
    Naturally, the old Queen Who Never Was is in attendance.

  6. #46

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dread View Post
    At some point the banners of House Tully were sighted - yet with the difference that the fish upon the banners was painted black. Further meetings with scouts between both sides confirmed, that Lord Kirth Tully has more or less accidentaly found the Queen's men. Judging their faces, most of his men were already marching for days - even though they were few, fivehundred men at best, they nontheless showed some discipline.
    Riding ahead, with his three sons following on a knight's horseback each, the leader of the Army eventually showed up in order to request a meeting with her grace, the Queen, as he had recently recieved news regarding his choice to join up with the woman, he deemed as the rightful ruler upon the Iron Throne.
    Rhaenyra welcomed him seating on her carved throne, half armor covering her womanly curves, the silvery hair carefully braided and a slender band of unadorned gold in her head. She wore a livery collar of coiled dragons over the chestplate. She was flanked by many of her courtiers, including two young men wearing fine suits of armor with seahorse livery badges, one of whom stood right to the throne, Jacaerys, while the other was Lucerys, her second eldest son. Many others attended, like Addam Velaryon, wearing a fine harness of good steel, gift of Lord Velaryon, and a younger boy, his brother Alyn, who stood as his improvised squire. The two whitecloaks, Marbrand and Cargyll, stood right next to the queen, silent in their white place, motionless, hands in sword, always watchful.

    "Lord Kirth of the Trident, of House Tully, come forward"


    Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    Ander Royce arrives with the Vale contingent. The young man would hardly be deemed prominent, but still he came with the other Vale commanders Lamentation sheathed on his hip. The young man goes to sit with his brother in law Corbray.
    The queen was sitting at the head of the table, with the seat next to hers ocuppied by Lord Daemon. Behind her stood both Queensguards. Her male offspring was also in attendace, Jace and Lucerys as dragonriders and princes of the blood, with Aegon as her cupbearer and Viserys as Daemon's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    "Yes...yes." Rhaenys nodded, almost absently, as she continued to study the young Addam. The resemblance between him and Laenor was truly undeniable at this point. "That is good to hear, grandson. Though I suspect if you had not bonded with Seasmoke upon entering his lair, well, you would not be here, now would you?"

    "So. Do tell," She paused to get her cup refilled by a servant, "What were you and your...brother up to, before the war broke out? Were you fishermen, or sailors, or both? Driftmark is more fertile than Dragonstone, but you do not give me the impression of a farmer."

    Naturally, the old Queen Who Never Was is in attendance.

    "I wouldn't"


    He granted.

    "We were sailors, my Lady. My mother has several ships, we served in hers, the Mouse. We frenquently crossed the Narrow Sea, trading in Pentos, Myr, Braavos, Lys, White Harbor and even Eastwatch-by-the-Sea. We usually trade in clothing and grain..."

    Addam had loved sailing across the seas, visiting the Free Cities, mingling with the seamen, the traders, the slaves, the merchants and the moneylenders. But he blushed.

    "I'm probably bothering your Ladyship, I'm sorry"

    ---

    Addam Velaryon, heir to Driftmark, also sat at the tabble, close to Lady Rhaenys, as they were close of kin, but leaving some space in order not to irritate the proud princess with his presence; he wore a fine suit of armor, bared head, as the helm was held by Alyn.

    Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

    A link to my Deviantart's account.

  7. #47
    Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Duchy of Dutchland
    Posts
    11,606

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    The Maiden of the Vale attended the war council, eager to get it over with. Her men were itching for a fight, but so far all sign of war had eluded the Valeman banners.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

  8. #48

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    Rhaenyra welcomed him seating on her carved throne, half armor covering her womanly curves, the silvery hair carefully braided and a slender band of unadorned gold in her head. She wore a livery collar of coiled dragons over the chestplate. She was flanked by many of her courtiers, including two young men wearing fine suits of armor with seahorse livery badges, one of whom stood right to the throne, Jacaerys, while the other was Lucerys, her second eldest son. Many others attended, like Addam Velaryon, wearing a fine harness of good steel, gift of Lord Velaryon, and a younger boy, his brother Alyn, who stood as his improvised squire. The two whitecloaks, Marbrand and Cargyll, stood right next to the queen, silent in their white place, motionless, hands in sword, always watchful.

    "Lord Kirth of the Trident, of House Tully, come forward"

    More than stern, the Lord stepped forward, not minding the Queen's household too much. When he stood before her, still in his breatplate and armed for the upcoming fights, he eventually knelt, as best as his armour allowed him to do, swearing his oath towards her.
    "I swear you fealty, my Queen, in the name of my ancestors, so I shall bring no shame upon my House, as not everyone at Riverrun had forgotten the oath, my Lord grandfather had sworn towards King Viserys", he solely said grim, more as if it was a prayer, "Your enemies shall be my enemies, your grace and I shall not hesitate to march against any of these traitors. Even if it is my own twin brother, of whom I have heard that he rather wishes to serve the usurper."



  9. #49

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    "Raise"

    Said the queen with a gesture of her gauntlet-clad hand.

    "I receive you as my vassal and lord paramount, you shall bear my colors and serve me faithfully. Your oath is welcomed and thanked for, we knew not everyone in the Riverlands had forgotten their oaths to me and mine father, King Viserys. For your loyalty I gran you a seat in the council and you shall send whoever you deem worthy, a chosen knight, to serve in our Queensguard"

    She leaned forward.

    "But, tell me, who rides under your banner?"

    Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

    A link to my Deviantart's account.

  10. #50

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    He stood up, recieving the honors Rhaenyra promised him without any further word. It was reasonable, but Kirth hardly bothered for the moment, as the only thing he wished to be recognized as was granted. It had always been a thorn in his side, that Eldric was chosen over him despite him having done all the work, despite him being his father's favorite before his demise in the hunting accident - and yet, his Lord grandfather chose the very one Lord, who would hardly honor any agreement, which was made in the past and who learnt nothing more than tales at Maidenpool and how to be a noble man.
    Things, Kirth hardly cared for as he prefered brutal reality.
    "500 men came with me from Branstone, when your call reached our keep", the Lord answered truthfully, "They're fine men, brave enough to face the enemy, no hesitance when I told them that the enemy side has dragons, too. Among them also my three children, since my last wife died few years ago - I'll send them to a safer place than let them cover in the keep my Lord grandfather has granted me on the deathbed! They're fine lads and worthy of my family's dynasty.

    Other than that I will most likely bring those, who have recieved my letters, when I declared for your side. My plan was to march to Cracklaw in hopes to either sail to Dragonstone in order to join with your host or to hope that you and your supporters would land somewhere near the capital. When I was informed that I was named Lord Paramount by your degree, your grace and that your army has moved further, I did not hesitate to join up with you.
    I will not fail to serve you and shall unite the Riverlands under your command.
    Name me those of my future vassals, who had the courage to stand up against Aegon's injustice and I will lead them.
    Those, who have defied our call will suffer as the rebells they are, if they do not bow to us."
    There was a fire in Tully's eyes, which pretty much told that he hoped for a battle in order to show his worth.
    Last edited by Lord Dread; January 25, 2019 at 12:59 PM.



  11. #51

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    "Your loyal bannermen are amassing in the God's Eye. Blackwood, Strong, Mooton, Piper"

    Said the queen, regal.

    "Soon, we shall crush your brother. As an act of mercy, he will be delivered to your Lordship, to do with him as you seem fitting, as rightful Lord Paramount of the Trident"

    She gestured towards Tully.

    "We will march soon and I want you to lead those men. Go to the God's Eye and raise the trout over their banners, so they shall know they not only fight for me, but for their liege as well"

    She leans back on the throne.

    "I have something for you, embroidered by my handmaidens"

    A squire brought something.

    "My arms"

    Two knights unfolded a quartered banner: the falcon and the moon of Arryn, the seahorse of Velaryon and two proud three-headed dragons, red in black.

    "You shall bear them next to your own, my lord. Lets everyone know who Tully stands and fight for. Lets everyone know you fight for Rhanyera, firstborn and true daughter of Viserys Targaryen, First of His Name, and Lady Aemma, of House Arryn, wife of Laenor Velaryon, of the Blood of the Dragon, grandson of Aemon Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone, wife of Daemon Targaryen, secondborn son and sole remaining heir of Baelon Targaryen, mother of dragonriders and dragonrider herself. Rhaenyra, First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms"

    Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

    A link to my Deviantart's account.

  12. #52

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    He mustered the two men, more then pleased with what the Queen stated. A formidable plan indeed. Once the lordship was his and his brother was either slain or imprisoned and locked away, there would be no obstacle to claim what was his by right.
    "I shall do as you say - your banners shall remind them of their duty", he solemny replied, knowing that he would ensure that none of his men would be confused with those of his brother, "Then I shall only ask for a safe place for my heirs, now that I know what our course of action will be."



  13. #53

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    "They will be sent to Lady Jeyne's domains, if you wish and she allows as much. Behind the mountains they shall remain safe"

    Said the queen.

    "Now, my Lord, march we us. The God's Eye awaits our host and then, we shall pay a visit to your dear brother"


    ---

    The many Riverlords had joined the Black army and soon thereafter, Riverrun was at sight, cuddled by two rivers, beautiful and powerful, but six dragons marched with Rhaenyra...

    Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

    A link to my Deviantart's account.

  14. #54
    Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    16,469

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    "I wouldn't"

    He granted.

    "We were sailors, my Lady. My mother has several ships, we served in hers, the Mouse. We frenquently crossed the Narrow Sea, trading in Pentos, Myr, Braavos, Lys, White Harbor and even Eastwatch-by-the-Sea. We usually trade in clothing and grain..."

    Addam had loved sailing across the seas, visiting the Free Cities, mingling with the seamen, the traders, the slaves, the merchants and the moneylenders. But he blushed.

    "I'm probably bothering your Ladyship, I'm sorry"
    "Well-traveled, aren't you?" Rhaenys smiled thinly. "Tell me, which of these cities was your favorite, young Addam? And have you ever sailed beyond the Narrow Sea - if not so far as Slaver's Bay or Port Moraq, then at least Volantis?"

    "Oh, it's no bother at all." That was not as much a lie as the aged princess had initially thought. She, or at least some less-prickly part of her, was legitimately curious as to what adventures her grandson had been up to; perhaps it was simply in the nature of grandmothers to be incapable of hating their grandchildren, even the baseborn ones. She crossed her arms and sat back in her chair, content to let Addam continue his stories.

  15. #55

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    "I haven't been beyond the Narrow Sea. And... probably I felt more at home in Lys than anywhere else"

    He admitted.

    "They're silver of hair and... I don't know, could melt within the crowd, so to speak. And the city itself is beyond compair, with the Great Temple's enormous dome and the belltower, covered in white marble. The Old Bridge, with three wide arches, built by the Valyrians. And the Rogare Palazzo, which I heard has a shrine all covered in frescoes that has no parallel in all Essos"

    "I grant you, boy..."

    Said Corlys.

    "It's magnificent. I've been there. Lysandro and all his court are painted over the surface, in such a lifelike maner. I could see everything at my leisure, when I was housed seven days and seven nights by the Rogares, some time ago"

    "And Pentos is so... magnificent. I don't know... grandmother... It's hard to say"

    He hesitated calling Rhaenys like that, afraid of incurring in her wrath.

    "All Free Cities are wonderful. All have their own flavour and... a very unique essence. Maybe, maybe we could fly there someday, if your Ladyship wished"

    Addam said so with a hint of pride. Also, there was something he had no age to taste in Lys the last time he visited. Those pleasure houses where... individuals... of silver hair laid among silken cushions. There were things he prefered to not think about, for they were shameful and probably... sinful?

    Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

    A link to my Deviantart's account.

  16. #56

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    Marshalling their forces at Harrenhal, the Riverlander host on sides of the Blacks consists of the following troops:

    Riverlander Houses - Black
    - Branstone - House Tully of Riverrun Declared for Blacks (Player) - 500
    Harrenhal - House Strong of Harrenhal Declared for Blacks (Player) - 3000
    - Atranta - House Vance of Atranta Declared for Blacks - 500
    - Lolliston -House Lolliston of Lolliston Declared for Blacks - 500


    The Twins - House Frey of the Twins, High Lords of the Crossing (Player) - 3000
    - Erenford - House Erenford, Knights of Erenford Declared for Blacks - 500


    Blackwood - House Blackwood of Raventree Hall, High Lords of Blackwood Vale* Declared for Blacks (Player) - 3000
    - Maidstone - House Bigglestone of Maidstone Declared for Blacks -1000
    - Blackrush - House Shawney of Blackrush Declared for Blacks - 500
    - Fairmarket - House Paege of Fairmarket Declared for Blacks - 1000


    Pinkmaiden (Acorn's Ridge) - House Piper of Pinkmaiden, High Lords of Acorn's Ridge Declared for Blacks - 1000
    - Stoney Sept - House Grey of Stoney Sept - 500
    - Castlewood - House Harlton of Castlewood -500


    The Trident - Vacant
    - Stillfen - House Vypren of Stillfen Declared for Blacks -500
    - Red Fork - House Strong, High Lords of Harrenhal Declared for Blacks -500




    Army of the Black Riverlands - 16,175 men

    Lord Kirth Tully (+2 Survival, +2 Duel, +3 Battle -1 Charisma)

    House Tully of Branstone - 75 men retiniue
    House Strong - 200 men retiniue
    House Frey - 200 men retiniue
    House Blackwood - 200 men retiniue

    6200 Light Infantry
    3100 Archers
    3100 Heavy Infantry
    1550 Light Cavalry
    1550 Heavy Cavalry


    OOC: Doesn't include Maidenpool due to them being in the Queen's men host, also neither includes House Vance and vassals until RP regarding them is concluded.
    Furthermore require the stats of participating Lords within the Black's camp.



  17. #57
    Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    16,469

    Default Re: The host of the Vale

    Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    "I haven't been beyond the Narrow Sea. And... probably I felt more at home in Lys than anywhere else"

    He admitted.

    "They're silver of hair and... I don't know, could melt within the crowd, so to speak. And the city itself is beyond compair, with the Great Temple's enormous dome and the belltower, covered in white marble. The Old Bridge, with three wide arches, built by the Valyrians. And the Rogare Palazzo, which I heard has a shrine all covered in frescoes that has no parallel in all Essos"

    "I grant you, boy..."

    Said Corlys.

    "It's magnificent. I've been there. Lysandro and all his court are painted over the surface, in such a lifelike maner. I could see everything at my leisure, when I was housed seven days and seven nights by the Rogares, some time ago"

    "And Pentos is so... magnificent. I don't know... grandmother... It's hard to say"

    He hesitated calling Rhaenys like that, afraid of incurring in her wrath.

    "All Free Cities are wonderful. All have their own flavour and... a very unique essence. Maybe, maybe we could fly there someday, if your Ladyship wished"

    Addam said so with a hint of pride. Also, there was something he had no age to taste in Lys the last time he visited. Those pleasure houses where... individuals... of silver hair laid among silken cushions. There were things he prefered to not think about, for they were shameful and probably... sinful?
    "We certainly could." Rhaenys supplied levelly, before taking a deep drink. She avoided telling Addam whether she wished to do so or not, mostly because she actually had not decided yet. Perhaps after the war, if the young man proved himself to be Laenor's son not only by taming a dragon, but also by doing well on the battlefield.

    "The people of Lys are certainly among those who look the most like us, though I think the Volantene nobility still surpass them in that regard. The blood of old Valyria runs almost as deep in some of the families living behind the Black Wall as it does in myself or Queen Rhaenyra." Rhaenys explained. The last time she was there, she recalled thinking about how the Triarch's daughters looked so much more Valyrian than her still-dark-haired self, with tresses the color of molten silver and eyes like amethysts. "But, truth be told, I travel to get away from the familiar and explore the unknown. if I wished to feel at home and be surrounded by people who look as Valyrians should, I would have stuck around Dragonstone and Driftmark a lot more often - there's no need to travel to Lys or Volantis for that. To each their own, I suppose." She allowed herself a chuckle, clearly beginning to ease in her grandson's company.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •