Thread: TWC PvP World 2

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

Default TWC PvP World 2

Hello there.

I was cleaning up my old PC before selling, and I found that I still had the world from the second TWC PvP world (first MCC one I think). Not sure if that's the right name, but it'll do. It was active from the second half of 2012.

Please find the download link here, get it while it's hot: onedrive linky (MS account required)
    I'm not sure where you'll spawn, but I spawned in what was Oxford. I included a map (as an image), but unfortunately I don't exact coordinates of previous bases. But if you make the effort for yourself, please share below!
    I also included a file with the locations of what had just become resource points that could be claimed and would generate the faction resources.
    I didn't look around too much, but I hope the world is not corrupted anywhere important!

Running instructions
    A recent version of server.jar is included,
    I created a powershell script in the directory which will launch the server with enough ram such that it doesn't crash when you join. just right click -> run with powershell.
    To log in, fire up the latest version of the game and connect to it. In my case the server path was localhost:25565, yours should be the same.

Enjoy + hope you're all keeping well,
    Magesfx

p.s. if anyone has the first official TWC world I'd really like to see it again (was my favorite one)!

p.p.s we should organise a walking tour one coming weekend, all of us on the same server or and with chat. Let me know if there's interest and I'll put something together!

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: TWC PvP World 2

Oh no frackin' way. I'd love to get together one weekend. I still have a couple guys (Greens, Benz, Poach) on steam.

EDIT: Here's an album of my old builds, will update this with screenshots of other stuff as I go back around: https://imgur.com/a/ZfL5jgU

Here's the Map 2 map. Don't have coordinates but you should be able to navigate your way: https://memeworld.funnyjunk.com/larg...4c_4410539.jpg
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; January 23, 2019 at 08:04 PM.

oh wow this is such a blast of nostalgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate9999 View Post
    reddit doesn't have the kind of people we want. It has the kind of people that are 12 and play MC.

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

I have about 20 Gb worth of Minecraft world backups going back to atleast 2011 on my PC, I should get around to sorting which one is which.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I saw your post here Manger and thought we were reviving the server again

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Hahah. Although sometimes I long back to the days of spending hours upon hours playing Minecraft, I fear my Minecraft days are over.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Yeah I don't have the time for it these days either and even if I did have the time I'm not sure Minecraft is where I'd spend it .

I definitely got a spurt of nostalgia when I saw your name pop up in this subforum though.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Mangerman View Post
    I have about 20 Gb worth of Minecraft world backups going back to atleast 2011 on my PC, I should get around to sorting which one is which.
    Yes please!

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

I would kill to get my hands on the one from early-ish 2012 with that giant hall that the Dwarves built. I'm not sure if this one is it or one of the later ones, but I'm downloading to give myself a good hit of nostalgia.

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

This brings back a lot of memories, though i seem to have forgotten so much.

Under the patronage of Přntifex Maximus