Thread: Where you can bash Sukiyama

Default Where you can bash Sukiyama

Feel free to reply, ask, and banter with me here. I enjoy a good rant and criticsm folks. Don't disappoint me

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Where you can bash Sukiyama

Why would I want to bash you?

We seem to have a similar background but one which developed fairly differently. I am not Asian though, despite what some might think.

From our talks on the forum it is clear that we disagree on a lot but not so fundamentally. Actually we may agree on a lot, I think the the real difference is in the approach which is applied.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

I mean to be honest Oda, I think a lot of my disagreements stem from my eagerness to reply rather than sit down and really think about my response before typing haha. Where are you from?

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Hey Sukiyama,

That was a really interesting biography, honest and blunt, especially the sales part. I actually only have one question for you now...medium rare or well done?

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Patrician

I was born in 1994 in South America. My parents got into Canada as refugees due to the FARC uprising. The bandits/insurgents specifically targeted us because they wanted "contributions". My dad owned a small business making and selling candles, but since my dad told them he didn't have millions of dollars they threatened to kill him.

My interest is in Japanese and Chinese history. But I am actually a Hispanic and am not Japanese, Chinese-American, Happa or what have you.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; January 18, 2019 at 08:44 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    Hey Sukiyama,

That was a really interesting biography, honest and blunt, especially the sales part. I actually only have one question for you now...medium rare or well done?
    I appreciate the kind words Swaeft! I don't mean to discourage anyone from pursuing Sales, but that was my rather extensive experience unfortunately. As for steak, medium rare of course haha. I do have to occasionally eat well done. My mother and girlfriend can be a bit... well you know how women get sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    I was born in 1994 in South America. My parents got into Canada as refugees due to the FARC uprising. The bandits/insurgents specifically targeted us because they wanted "contributions". My dad owned a small business making and selling candles, but since my dad told them he didn't have millions of dollars they threatened to kill him.

My interest is in Japanese and Chinese history. But I am actually a Hispanic and am not Japanese, Chinese-American, Happa or what have you.
    That's quite a bit of curve ball Oda. How did you guys deal with the whole FARC thing?

I noticed you're quite the voracious reader when it comes to history. Any tips for how you get so good at identifying battles in the VV thread?

Patrician

We moved around constantly from neighborhood to neighborhood. They eventually caught up with us. So we filed for asylum and flew to Canada.

I spent lots of time when I was 15 or 16 reading Wikipedia articles. I would go to an article about an empire and keep following the links for whatever empires came before or after. Also lots of pages about battles. Going into the "battles" or "campaigns" tab on certain pages and listing the battles of a specific general such as Caesar or Hannibal, and memorized them. So I recognize a lot of the images from that. Also looking at clues; flags, armour, persons who stand out etc. Since I read lots of history it clicks, mostly I read military history.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; January 21, 2019 at 06:21 PM.

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    I appreciate the kind words Swaeft! I don't mean to discourage anyone from pursuing Sales, but that was my rather extensive experience unfortunately. As for steak, medium rare of course haha. I do have to occasionally eat well done. My mother and girlfriend can be a bit... well you know how women get sometimes.
    Hey, no problem. It was a good read. Ahh, medium rare, I see you are a man of refined tastes.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)