Thread: Lady Misery

Default Lady Misery

Mysaria of Lys made her home in a fine manse upon the Street of Silk; where once she served in brothel, she now ran many of her own, and for many years had established reputable connections about the city. Important clients often graced her establishments, giving her a steady stream of information from the Red Keep. It had surprised her, nonetheless, to learn of the death of Viserys; it had been so well kept a secret that the King's own servants barely knew of it, and she had thought that he had simply been bed bound once again with the illnesses that had so often afflicted him in later life. Mysaria was not accustomed to being out of the loop. Now, she heard that war was on the horizon, and a ship from the east had borne her a discrete message from an old friend.

It would be a matter to handle with care. First, she made it known around the city that any officers of the City Watch that visited her fine establishments would benefit from a hefty discount - a show of support for the King's men in the city. The core of officers that existed when Daemon was commander still remained, and what he did for them would remain in the memory... It would simply need to be coaxed out. Through her workers, she would set up a meeting with several of the important rank and file officers within the Goldcloaks, in a bid to remind them where their loyalties truly lay.
    Last edited by Gandalfus; January 16, 2019 at 09:54 AM.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Lady Misery

News is spread throughout the city that someone was looking for officers loyal to Daemon and eventually they came. 6 veteran officers dating back from the time Daemon controlled the Gold Cloaks come to the meeting place all curious to hear the ladies words.

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    News is spread throughout the city that someone was looking for officers loyal to Daemon and eventually they came. 6 veteran officers dating back from the time Daemon controlled the Gold Cloaks come to the meeting place all curious to hear the ladies words.
    "My lords."

Heavily accented, even after years in the city. But the voice was still soft, pleasant on the ears. It suited her, slim and pale as she was even though she was five years past forty. Like some eastern empress, she had clad herself in purple and gold, and a grotesquely fat ruby hung at her throat; a trinket from a lover, long ago. They would remember her as Daemon's paramour, a woman he had once sought to have a son by until Viserys stole it from him by sending them into exile across the Narrow Sea. Like a cat, she was stretched upon a divan, men and women of various backgrounds buzzing about her like a swarm of insects.

"It has been some time, for some of you. Others, perhaps not."

Fat and blood coloured, her lips stretched into a perverse smirk. She was still enchanting, in an exotic and alien fashion, a woman that was literally unique amongst the thousands of unwashed that dwelt within the city's walls.

"But I remember you all. Friends of my dear Prince. Would you join me for some drinks, to his good health? I have not seen him for some time."

Daintily, she gestured for them to sit upon the many couches arranged about her.
    Last edited by Gandalfus; January 21, 2019 at 07:55 AM.

The men take a seat many remembered her from Daemon's time as the captain of the goldcloaks most owed their position to him.

"Aye, I'll drink with you." One says speaking up, "but I reckon the reason for this visit ain't just to exchange pleasantries."

"Very astute, Ser."

Slowly, she raised the cup, holding it to her lips for a few moments before drinking deep.

"Why ever not? You are officers of the Goldcloaks, now. Important men in this city."

The golden cloaks they owed to Daemon. He always had been ostentatious.

"I spoke with a man who claimed to know the Prince, but the other day. A fool, to be sure, but he told me that his friends from the Watch are remembered fondly. A shame that war has pitted you on the opposite side, nay?"

"Shame there has to be a war," One of the men says, "Aye." Several chimed in. The watch were more police then soldiers but they would be expected to man the walls if Kings Landing came under siege. None of them much looked forward to that.

"Yes, it is. It would be much easier if the Prince could just... Walk right into the city and solve it all, as he has in the past."

Daemon brought order to the streets. Surprisingly, law enforcement had been something that the Prince had excelled at.

"But that won't happen. The... King hates him so."

A captain takes a swig of his drink and looks at the lady, "Aye that it would, but if that were the case their wouldn't be a war now."