Thread: Army tradtions questions

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Default Army tradtions questions

Hey guys, got two questions/requests:

1) Is there any sort of comprehensive table covering naval traditions like there is one for land armies traditions (well, the value are outdated but you can always check which tradition can be obtained after the previous one. I'll attach it for convenience)? I could have sworn I saw a unique naval tradition for athens called "children of aegean", granting some unique bonuses. However that save got lost during my windows crash a while ago. Are there any other uniue traditions for other factions? Is the "children of aegean" unique only to athens or can other factions get this tradition? Maybe you could point me to traditions tables in mod .pack file? Obtaining level 5 of a fleet is hard stuff to do so I cannot quite reliably check it in-game.

2) I played a bit with baktria the other day and was dissapointed that the faction uses standard greek traditions tree, being the only successor kingdom not having a unique tree. Could you maybe assign the tradition tree of egypt/seleucids/makedon to baktria? It just doesn't feel right, at least imo.

I guess there's no point asking for a full drop-down traditions' tree like the one for generals or agents, is it? That's something CA would have to implement, am i right?

EDIT: attaching army traditions tables link so that anybody can check what traditions can be apllied to the armies. As far as I can tell it is accurate however the values are outdated.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7a4xhw...Traditions.pdf

Cheers!
    Last edited by Nordling; January 16, 2019 at 06:21 AM.

Default Re: Army tradtions questions

1. No, but mainly because naval traditions aren't in a hierarchy if I remember so you should be able to see most of them.

2. The issue with this is save games, changing something like that would not be very save friendly

And yes, to add a UI like the skills one would require CA

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    1. No, but mainly because naval traditions aren't in a hierarchy if I remember so you should be able to see most of them.

2. The issue with this is save games, changing something like that would not be very save friendly

And yes, to add a UI like the skills one would require CA
    Hmmm, if you swapped tradition trees wouldn't that result in change of a tradition already in place for the new one in the same respective place in the table? I believe that it would refer to the same position in the mod files so that would not be save-breaking, or am i completely wrong?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Btw, Bactria was more of a Greek state. They hated Macedonians and plotted against them with native Bactrians. Although theu could rather have unique tree than the others.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

link is not working

This is a 2 year old thread.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----