Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troubled Times

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Troubled Times

"A shame a marriage will not come to fruition." Royce says sadly allowing that matter to drop. The support of Belmore was more important then the marriage anyway. "I have spoken with Eldric Arryn and granted him the shelter of Runestone for the time being." Royce says, "I belive he should be reinstated as heir to the Vale. I am trying to get the Lords of the realm behind him. When enough Lords stand behind Eldric Lady Jeyne will have no choice but to reinstate him." He pauses letting the man think this over. "I already have gained the support of Lord Hunter."

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Rolled for Belmore's support or not. Despite his fanaticism, Lord Belmore seems a little unsure of outright opposition but seems convinced nonetheless.

Let it be so.

The young Valeman spoke after a long moment of silence.

You have the support of my house in the case of Eldric's reinstatement as heir to the Eyrie and the Vale.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

"That is good to hear Lord Belmore. I am sure Eldric will appreciate the support."

-----------------

With Belmore on board it was now time for one last visit. Gunthor Royce made his way to Redfort to speak to the Lord of Redfort.

Citizen

Lord Redfort welcomes Gunthor into his hold. He was perhaps the oldest of those who were visited by Royce, perhaps a man almost the age of Viserys. Lord Walder Redfort had only lost his years, but neither his sight nor his mind to the ravages of age. Although, he had lost sons and daughters to age and illness. His heir to be was his grandson by his second son, who was present with Lord Walder.

My Lord Royce, welcome. What brings you to my keep?

"The business of the Vale," Gunthor says nodding to the man. "And if the seven permits the possibility of a marriage between out two houses." Walder had many children and grandchildren and perhaps one of them would be of an age with his sons. "I trust you have heard that the Lady Jeyne has passed Ser Eldric in favor of her cousin Joffery?" He once again waits to hear the Lords opinion on the matter.

Citizen

Roll Lord Redfort's opinion and got pro-Jeyne attitude. Though he does sound a bit intrigued by the mention of marriage.

A cough emits from the aged Lord Redfort, causing his grandson to grab a cup of wine and let his grandfather drink it to clear his throat.

Damnable Eldric and his plots... Lady Jeyne has every right to push that man off the line of succession. I know Ser Joffrey is a model knight and loyal kinsman of the Lady Paramount, unlike Ser Arnold and his son... never content with what they have.

Lord Gunthor raises his eyebrow, "But what of the precedent this would set for the rest of the Vale Lord Walder? If the Lady Jeyne decides to start stepping into other successions to put favored cousin branches over the rightful heirs." It was no secret that Royce's cousins were among the favored of Lady Arryn. "My Lord Redfort it does worry me that centuries of traditions can be disregarded on a whim."

Citizen

Rolled him right on the fence, Lord Redfort may need some more convincing.

She has only stated her favored candidate to succeed her, Lord Royce. She has not stated that my grandson from my fourth son will succeed the grandson beside. Nor has she allowed Mountain Men to reclaim old lands. Nor has she stated that Gulltown is to be succeeded by her Arryn cousins. What she has done has punished someone for their deeds. I find Ser Joffrey more than an acceptable heir.

Lord Redford was not entirely convinced. After all, Lady Jeyne had kept the matter of succession within her family.

True, there are laws of such nature, but there are also laws, and the Seven, who profess loyalty and filial bonds... something Arnold did not have an ounce of.

Gunthor nods, "And Arnold has paid for his sins. He died mad in the Sky cells of the Eyrie." Gunthor says, "Lady Jeyne consigned her kin to a slow death and madness, but Eldric is not his father. The sins of the father do not carry over. Eldric was but a child when his father went through with his ill thought out rebellion after all. He has never moved against the Lady Jeyne in his life."

Citizen

Rolled within the limits of favor, but not comfortably favorable... but another voice urges Lord Walder.

Grandfather, if I may speak.

The voice of his grandson, Harrold, speaks up, causing Lord Walder to turn to his right suddenly. His eyebrow arched slightly, waiting for him to speak.

Lord Royce is speaking the truth on the matter. We shouldn't let Ser Eldric be denied his rights after all. Laws should still be respected...

Lord Walder looks at his grandson for a moment longer before turning to Gunthor.

Be grateful that my grandson supports you, for he is becoming more and more Lord Redfort than I as age gets to me.

The Valeman did not feel like turning against the Lady Jeyne, but who knew when he would die. And certainly, once he succeeded, Harrold would join Royce's cause.

You will have my support then, Lord Royce. Tell this to Ser Eldric.

"Thank you Lord Redfort, I am sure Eldric will be most pleased to hear this." He pauses looking at the two Reforts, "Now there is still the other matter to attend to. My two sons remain unwed and I believe it would be good for our houses to be bound by marriage."
    ----------------------

With the circuit complete Lord Gunthor returns to see Waynewood. The men had already marched off to war, but still he doubted the crippled Lord would have accompanied them. Lord Waynewood had been uncomfortable with the decision to support Eldric when it was just he and Royce but now he had the support of Hunter, Belmore, and Redfort, with Waynewood on board the faction would command near half the Vale's strength.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    "Thank you Lord Redfort, I am sure Eldric will be most pleased to hear this." He pauses looking at the two Reforts, "Now there is still the other matter to attend to. My two sons remain unwed and I believe it would be good for our houses to be bound by marriage."
    ----------------------

With the circuit complete Lord Gunthor returns to see Waynewood. The men had already marched off to war, but still he doubted the crippled Lord would have accompanied them. Lord Waynewood had been uncomfortable with the decision to support Eldric when it was just he and Royce but now he had the support of Hunter, Belmore, and Redfort, with Waynewood on board the faction would command near half the Vale's strength.
    I have two granddaughters. Harrold's sister is of sixteen summers. My third son's only child is a lass of six. Which is most suitable?

=================

Lord Royce is permitted to enter and to see Lord Waynewood. The crippled Wallace looks directly at Lord Royce, rubbing his fat chin slightly.

Lord Royce, you have returned to my keep sooner than expected. This had best be about something else other than politics.

It seemed that Wallace's previous attitude had changed drastically since they had last spoken. Likely that he had reaffirmed his sentiments towards Lady Arryn.

"The 16 year old would be a good match for my Eldest son." Gunthor says nodding. "What is her name?"

----------

Gunthor raises his eyebrow thoughtfully. "When we last spoke you were somewhat sympathetic to Ser Eldric's blight has somthing changed in that regard?"

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    "The 16 year old would be a good match for my Eldest son." Gunthor says nodding. "What is her name?"

----------

Gunthor raises his eyebrow thoughtfully. "When we last spoke you were somewhat sympathetic to Ser Eldric's blight has somthing changed in that regard?"
    Melessa, Lord Royce.

==============

A discussion is all that needs to be known, Lord Royce. I presume then that you have returned to try and persuade me once more?

Wallace inquires, looking at Royce directly.

"A marriage between her and my Son Robar would be fitting."

----------

Gunthor looks at the man trying to judge his face. "I have got the support of Lords Redfort, Hunter, and Belmore. You seemed sympathetic to Eldric's plight when we last parted ways, but reluctant to move against the Lady Jeyne. With your support we would not need to move against Lady Jeyne she would surely see the wisdom of reinstating Eldric as heir."

Citizen

Rolled absolutely poorly to gain Lord Waynewood's favor

Lord Wallace shakes his head slowly. So many Valemen had been deceived to support Eldric it seemed... it seems these men forgot that dragons supported Jeyne and Her Grace had plenty at her disposal.

Pray to the Seven that Lady Jeyne does not call for dragons to aid her, Lord Royce. Hell hath no fury greater than a dragon.

He shakes his head once more.

My men ride with the Lady Paramount and that is who they will serve and continue to aid.

"Very well Lord Waynewood, It is a shame we could not work together." He wondered what twist of fate could radically change the mans demeanor in such a short time. "I most beg my leave."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12