Thread: MCWC XX - Submissions/Nominations Thread

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default MCWC XX - Submissions/Nominations Thread

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

Image by cedric37.

This is the submission/nomination thread for MCWC XX!

Eligibility

Two updates are needed since January 1, 2019.

Only one entry per person.
    Please note that entries with more than one author are considered to be entries for all the co-authors.
    If one of the co-authors of a submission wants to submit a piece of Creative Writing they have written individually, they may do so,
    but WS staff will withdraw the co-authored piece of Creative Writing from the competition if this happens.

The first place winner in the previous competition cannot enter this one.

Only work that is posted on TWC is eligible to enter.

Writers' Study Staff have discretion to disqualify nominations where it would be unfair to allow them to enter, for example in cases of plagiarism.

If you have a question or want to check whether an entry is eligible, please send a private message to a member of the Writers' Study Staff.

Advertising

Advertising the competition is allowed. Inviting people to submit their writing is okay.

Asking for votes for a particular submission is not allowed and will result in disqualification.

Breaking the rules will result in measures at the discretion of the Writers' Study Staff.

Submissions

Authors are encouraged to submit your own work.

To enter, post on this thread with the following: the author's name, the title (with a link to the thread) and a short description/teaser.

If you want to nominate someone else's story, you must ask for (and obtain) their permission before nominating them.

Voting

Six entries are needed to run a regular competition.

If, after a month, we have fewer than six entries, then we wait until there are three or more submissions.

Awards

• 4 points for the Winner
    • 3 points for Second Place
    • 2 points for Third Place

If the competition has fewer than six entries, then first place will receive three points and second place will receive two.

Where a co-authored piece of Creative Writing wins Writers' Study Competition points, those points will be divided between all the co-authors equally. If that division results in each author receiving a fraction of a point, then each author will receive no points for a fraction less than one-half, or 1 point for a fraction of one-half or more.
    For instance, if 3 points are divided between 2 authors, dividing the points equally gives each author one and a half points. The half is rounded up, so each author actually receives 2 points.

Points are accumulated towards the awarding of the Writers' Study Competition Medals.

• 6 points - bronze medal
    • 12 points - silver medal
    • 24 points - gold medal

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Default Re: MCWC XX - Submissions/Nominations Thread

Well, this has been sitting for too long, and so I'm gonna start the ball rolling, with a fresh new piece from yours truly

Author's Name: Kilo11
    Title: Wood's Guide to Whiskies
    Description: There are goods thing in life, and there are fine things in life, and then there is whisky, the best of both (if not all) worlds! In this ongoing piece I provide reviews of the various whiskies I have tried and which are currently on my shelf. Some are good, some excellent, and some, unfortunately, are to be forgotten. The reviews themselves are generally a bit more "artful" and rich in description, but to offset that, and to provide more information generally, I follow each one with a quick summary of the points, as well as some broader comments about other whiskies of the same region, distinctions between certain whiskies, or a commentary on my thoughts regarding the price-to-quality ratio of the particular whisky reviewed.

The reviews would, I hope, be of great use to anyone interested in whisky, but they should also prove at least entertaining for someone not as familiar or likely to drink whisky in the near future. At any rate, I hope to see you all over there in my corner, and you'll be sure to find a glass waiting for you
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Default Re: MCWC XX - Submissions/Nominations Thread

Author's name : mad orc
    Link: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...k-woods-A-poem

A lonely drive through the dark woods
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer