Tl;dr: Installer directory is in Secondary hard disk, installer "eats" up my Primary hard disk space which is full causing an error. I observed that this is the case because attempts to free up several hundred Mb from the primary hard disk gets eaten up 5 mins later when I attempt to reinstall the mod in secondary, I also observed that there's a hidden file that resembles the third age folder inside a "mod" folder that can only be seen when I reselect the folder in Secondary for an installation attempt

I am using a windows 8.1

LONG VERSION:

Please have patience with me, I'm not a computer techie myself so I'm essentially making a deduction from what I've observed.

I initially installed 3.0 parts 1 and 2 and it installed successfully, although I forgot to patch to 3.2 and the game keeps crashing during the initial loading screen of the mod, I told myself, what the hell I'll just reinstall. I never realized that the [sic] "uninstal" file is the uninstaller for the mod so I went and deleted the file by itself. Any attempts to further reinstall the game gives me an error immediately after pressing next:

"Cannot create the following file" D:\Steam\Steamapps\CommonMedieval II Total War\mods\third_age_3\data\banners\strat_flag.$$A

Tried googling this in hopes that it's a common and easily resolvable issue, apart from recommendations that the game's installer might be faulty--several redownloads later and still the same error.

I tried to install the mod files via a different location that's not my steam m2tw folder and it works fine until it stops at a certain point with the same cannot create the following file error, this time the file in question is different from the one listed above considering it was installing fine a few minutes after pressing next.

For some reason, I have observed that the installer would "eat" up space in my primary hard disk prompting a "cannot create file error" despite me specifying my secondary hard disk as the installation directory. (the installer reflects the primary hard disk's free space despite it being indicated as in secondary also my primary hard disk is almost full, attempts to free up several hundred mb would let me install the game to a certain point before it gives me the cannot create file error, checking the space would suddenly reflect that my recently freed up space worth several hundred mb has been consumed by the installer--this is not speculation I've refreshed mycomputer several times to observe that while the installer is installing the files, the free space from my primary goes down)

I enabled view hidden files from the control panel and I cannot find any files relating to the mod. There was a remnant file in my steam m2tw directory for the uninstaller and it says the game was uninstalled successfully despite no more files in there (essentially trying to check if it scrubs every tatw file in my laptop)

I've uploaded a screenshot of the disk space and how it is reflected on the installer https://imgur.com/a/hFW28SW

This screenshot shows the attempted installation and how it doesn't show when checked in the folder https://imgur.com/a/KO1u5LH

To reiterate had I pressed next even if the directory is pointed in Secondary (D it would it would crash because my primary is full. I am essentially bringing this up in order to figure out where the files go and why it takes up space from my primary considering my steam files and other big files are in the secondary. At this point, my concern is on deleting these hidden files before i proceed to try to reinstall, fix and play the game.