Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Westeros Total War: Fire and Blood 2.3 (ESSOS ADDED!)

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Game of thrones: Fire and Blood [RELEASED SUBMOD]

Quote Originally Posted by mchmmroncrck View Post
    Very glad you guys are putting forth the effort to improve 1.0

I'm 100 turns in on a Stark campaign and, tho I'm not a modder, have been taking notes of any odd bugs.

Thanks very much.
    He isn't improving 1.0 - he is replacing all the models of 1.0 with the show-based models in Game of Thrones: Enhanced. So it will be the same mod with completely different models.

Sure - it could be seen as an improvement. But 1.0 is based on the books and this mod probably aims to be more like the TV-show. It is using the 1.0 mod as a base for building a different mod i think.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

So I've tested a Stannis campaign (only to turn 30) with no crashes. I also played a couple of large scale sieges and land battles with no 'fatal graphics error' after the battle, so far so good but more testing will be needed to be sure that the crashes after battles are fixed.

I'd rather someone else do the playtesting as it takes up too much time, time I could spend fixing bugs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    So I've tested a Stannis campaign (only to turn 30) with no crashes. I also played a couple of large scale sieges and land battles with no 'fatal graphics error' after the battle, so far so good but more testing will be needed to be sure that the crashes after battles are fixed.

I'd rather someone else do the playtesting as it takes up too much time, time I could spend fixing bugs etc.
    Cool.

There is a way to let the AI playtest for you that i did write about on the moddb-page. It is useful if you want to do other stuff while letting the AI play. You could let it playtest while you are sleeping etc.

I could playtest some.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Cool.

There is a way to let the AI playtest for you that i did write about on the moddb-page. It is useful if you want to do other stuff while letting the AI play. You could let it playtest while you are sleeping etc.

I could playtest some.
    Okay great, I sent you the mod in a pm on moddb.

If you want a playtester i could help aswell if you like. I can do the basics like adding units and basic bugfixing.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    If you want a playtester i could help aswell if you like. I can do the basics like adding units and basic bugfixing.

Well the mod has been sent to ClintEast who will work on the winds of winter scenario, Mr_Nygren who will playtest and I believe was interested in doing the Dance of Dragons desc_strat work and some playtesting. I've also sent it to a friend who will do some play testing so I think we're good for now but if I need someone to test it I'll let you know.

No worries send me a pm here or on moddb if you want help. If not i will look forward to playing the finished versions

Dear PeaMan,

Thank you for your impressive work, I've played through a House Tully campaign now, and it's been very smooth - no crashes.

I have a few ideas on how you(if you in any way feel like it) could improve the mod - mainly from House Tully POW :-). It's by no means a critique since I'm very happy with the work you've done and it's wonderful.

General:

- Tully banner is difficult to distinguish from the Arryn banner on the map - maybe the original Tully banner with the Auburn colour could help?
    - In battle the general names do not appear, but some odd text :-)
    - The map is wonderful and very detailed, but maybe Oldstones and the two "Kingsroad settlements" are a bit extensive - I guess it's a matter of taste, but you know :-)

Westeros(winds of winter) Campaign:

- Roslin Frey is already married to Edmure so maybe a different name for the starting princess?
    - Raymund Darry is dead and technically the Darry castle should be Lannister at this point? Not too sure so maybe I'm wrong - I think Lancel holds it - but maybe he denounces it in the book? Can't remember.
    - Clement Piper starting position is a bit odd next to Kings Landing - maybe he could start in Pinkmaiden?

War of the five:

- Starks are not aggresive, and they just run off. I don't know if anything can be done :-)
    - Twins govenor should be a Frey and not a Mallister at this point?
    - Stark holds Goodbrook settlement - I don't know why :-)
    - Clem Piper starting position
    - I would like the opportunity to marry Roslin to Edmure but I can't.

Aegons conquest:

- House Hoare is called Hightower on the map

Dance:

- Stark holds Goodbrook settlement
    - The Targaryens of Kings Landing are "Redwyne" on the map :-)

That's all I could find for now, and I apologize my overly attention to super small details - again, I really appreciate your work and I enjoy playing the mod a lot. :-)

Regards,

Frengers

Well the mod has been sent to ClintEast who will work on the winds of winter scenario, Mr_Nygren who will playtest and I believe was interested in doing the Dance of Dragons desc_strat work and some playtesting. I've also sent it to a friend who will do some play testing so I think we're good for now but if I need someone to test it I'll let you know.
    You could let GeneralG playtest as he is also a known guy on these forums.

I am still busy with Hyrule and have run into trouble there - i had a perfectly stable version that would run for over 230 turns without a crash, but then after updating i did get the dreaded transgressor error - an error i thought only happened with the Stalfos faction. But it seems it can happen anyway - it just never happened before, and happened a lot with the Stalfos on the map. The issue i've run into is that when using the older "stable" version that i did backup - the transgressor error happens there as well..

It is an error that randomly happens when a faction attacks another one. Sometimes you can play only ten turns, other times you can play 178 turns or more - but when it happens the campaign is over because it happens when loading autosaves as well. I had this issue in Warcraft but got rid of it. Not sure how which is a huge problem. I believe it were in Geomod and related to the map. Very annoying bug, as campaigns would sometimes never be possible to finish when it happens.

The worst part is that it didn't happen before. Now it happens in three versions after it started to happen in the latest. I really hate these kinds of bugs.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    You could let GeneralG playtest as he is also a known guy on these forums.

I am still busy with Hyrule and have run into trouble there - i had a perfectly stable version that would run for over 230 turns without a crash, but then after updating i did get the dreaded transgressor error - an error i thought only happened with the Stalfos faction. But it seems it can happen anyway - it just never happened before, and happened a lot with the Stalfos on the map. The issue i've run into is that when using the older "stable" version that i did backup - the transgressor error happens there as well..

It is an error that randomly happens when a faction attacks another one. Sometimes you can play only ten turns, other times you can play 178 turns or more - but when it happens the campaign is over because it happens when loading autosaves as well. I had this issue in Warcraft but got rid of it. Not sure how which is a huge problem. I believe it were in Geomod and related to the map. Very annoying bug, as campaigns would sometimes never be possible to finish when it happens.

The worst part is that it didn't happen before. Now it happens in three versions after it started to happen in the latest. I really hate these kinds of bugs.
    I may send him a version to play test as I've recently added the AOPK recruitment to the 1.0 mod and will need to know if it works as intended.

Indeed some bugs can be annoying and frustrating when trying to fix them especially when they don't show in the log but at least you've narrowed it down to something to do with geomod and the map.

I would recommend reverting back to one of the stable versions of the Hyrule mod then port the work from the latest version bit by bit and should the problem return you'll be know what's causing it.

I would be happy to help with that. Also something i could do at a later state is write some unit descriptions and the campaign description. If you like, when you want things more polished.

Quote Originally Posted by Frengers View Post
    Dear PeaMan,

Thank you for your impressive work, I've played through a House Tully campaign now, and it's been very smooth - no crashes.

I have a few ideas on how you(if you in any way feel like it) could improve the mod - mainly from House Tully POW :-). It's by no means a critique since I'm very happy with the work you've done and it's wonderful.

General:

- Tully banner is difficult to distinguish from the Arryn banner on the map - maybe the original Tully banner with the Auburn colour could help?
    - In battle the general names do not appear, but some odd text :-)
    - The map is wonderful and very detailed, but maybe Oldstones and the two "Kingsroad settlements" are a bit extensive - I guess it's a matter of taste, but you know :-)

Westeros(winds of winter) Campaign:

- Roslin Frey is already married to Edmure so maybe a different name for the starting princess?
    - Raymund Darry is dead and technically the Darry castle should be Lannister at this point? Not too sure so maybe I'm wrong - I think Lancel holds it - but maybe he denounces it in the book? Can't remember.
    - Clement Piper starting position is a bit odd next to Kings Landing - maybe he could start in Pinkmaiden?

War of the five:

- Starks are not aggresive, and they just run off. I don't know if anything can be done :-)
    - Twins govenor should be a Frey and not a Mallister at this point?
    - Stark holds Goodbrook settlement - I don't know why :-)
    - Clem Piper starting position
    - I would like the opportunity to marry Roslin to Edmure but I can't.

Aegons conquest:

- House Hoare is called Hightower on the map

Dance:

- Stark holds Goodbrook settlement
    - The Targaryens of Kings Landing are "Redwyne" on the map :-)

That's all I could find for now, and I apologize my overly attention to super small details - again, I really appreciate your work and I enjoy playing the mod a lot. :-)

Regards,

Frengers
    Thank you for your report.

I'll look into changing the tully banner colour, fixing the odd general names in battles.

Regarding the map, it is a subsubmod after all as it uses Badger-dudes fire and blood submod as a base.

Indeed, the custom campaigns aren't very polished and though they have the settings changed and main factions/characters added to suit the timelime, they still need polishing.

I gave Goodbrook to the starks in the hopes that it would cause them to march south vs the lannisters and joffrey as the settlement borders those 2 faction. In the custom campaign the starks control it with the same hope that Cregan would march south to support the blacks vs the greens.

Granted this fixed the problem in the GOT 4.9 mod and the starks actually stayed in the south which was great but this map has beyond the wall and even after gifting them the settlement they still march north.

No need to apologise and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    I would be happy to help with that. Also something i could do at a later state is write some unit descriptions and the campaign description. If you like, when you want things more polished.
    Okay then I'll send you my latest version which has the AOPK recruitment system added.

I'll need you to play test some campaigns and see if the recruitment works as intended (when conquering a region you get the troops)

Some unit/faction descriptions need be needed for new factions such as Bolton, Manderly, Targaryens etc but you could do that as well if you like.

Also if you know how to do desc_strat work that would be awesome as I need someone to take up one of the custom campaigns as I'll be taking the main campaign (WOFK) ClintEast is doing the winds of winter. So there's Robert's rebellion, Blackfyre rebellion, The dance of dragons (Mr_Nygren was interested in this setting) and Aegons conquest.

Here is a quick install video for this amazing mod! Let me know in the comments of the video if you run into issues. A let's play will follow soon!

I may send him a version to play test as I've recently added the AOPK recruitment to the 1.0 mod and will need to know if it works as intended.

Indeed some bugs can be annoying and frustrating when trying to fix them especially when they don't show in the log but at least you've narrowed it down to something to do with geomod and the map.

I would recommend reverting back to one of the stable versions of the Hyrule mod then port the work from the latest version bit by bit and should the problem return you'll be know what's causing it.
    That is great man - i hope it will work as intended.

Yeah, at least in the Warcraft mod it were the map.. But i don't know what on Neph's map could cause such issues. Warcraft had an entire region that were crashing if fought in - and when that issue was fixed the transgressor bug disappeared with it.

I thought the same, and did revert back to two earlier versions - but they also crash due to this transgressor bug now. They didn't before. So it was probably luck that it didn't happen before - at least i cannot tell why it happens in those versions too now.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 31, 2019 at 11:31 PM.

- The Havamal

Thank you for your report.

I'll look into changing the tully banner colour, fixing the odd general names in battles.

Regarding the map, it is a subsubmod after all as it uses Badger-dudes fire and blood submod as a base.

Indeed, the custom campaigns aren't very polished and though they have the settings changed and main factions/characters added to suit the timelime, they still need polishing.

I gave Goodbrook to the starks in the hopes that it would cause them to march south vs the lannisters and joffrey as the settlement borders those 2 faction. In the custom campaign the starks control it with the same hope that Cregan would march south to support the blacks vs the greens.

Granted this fixed the problem in the GOT 4.9 mod and the starks actually stayed in the south which was great but this map has beyond the wall and even after gifting them the settlement they still march north.

No need to apologise and thank you.

Thank you very much for your detailed answer :-). I’m looking very much forward to seeing the changes. :-).

This should be a great Game of Thrones Let's Play at least until a Dream of Spring comes out please let me know of any suggestions in comments! Enjoy!

Domesticus

Congratulations on the new version of the sub-mod!

I would like to recommend some things for the new version:

1- Add the model/texture of the cities and castles of the version of "Westeros Tota War 1.0 beta".

2- Make the UI units of the same size and adding the horse's head to the cavalry.

3-It would be a good idea to create other units for the vassals (give the shield with the emblem of the family in existing models with some changes).

4- Create the model/texture of the dead giants and the dead dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Congratulations on the new version of the sub-mod!

I would like to recommend some things for the new version:

1- Add the model/texture of the cities and castles of the version of "Westeros Tota War 1.0 beta".

2- Make the UI units of the same size and adding the horse's head to the cavalry.

3-It would be a good idea to create other units for the vassals (give the shield with the emblem of the family in existing models with some changes).

4- Create the model/texture of the dead giants and the dead dragon.
    Yea that was the plan, to add the strat map models such as Winterfell, MC, KL, Dragonstone etc I didn't get a reply from Inarus so I left them out until he gave the ok to use his models.

I agree, having a horse on cavalry unit cards would be better as currently the only way to tell them apart from regular faction units is their numbers. Sadly I've never created unit cards before but I seen a resource for PS in the workshop that can create them easily but I'm a GIMP man and rather not spend money on PS

Personally I'd love to have another 200 units to work with so every house would have their own units with their sigils on the shield along with that of their sworn vassals. Ratio was active over the holidays and had sent me his work, I think he made some extra units for certain factions and new units for both Targ and Blackfyre. Hopefully when he returns he'll be up for doing some more.

I thought I had added the undead dragon + the textures for it in the latest public release but perhaps that's only on my latest version, There are some giants/undead giants but I'd need to add the animations for them + they are from the German mod and I don't think I'll be taking anything from that mod besides the 3-4 units I used for the undead faction.

Thanks for you input.

Domesticus

Yea that was the plan, to add the strat map models such as Winterfell, MC, KL, Dragonstone etc I didn't get a reply from Inarus so I left them out until he gave the ok to use his models.

I agree, having a horse on cavalry unit cards would be better as currently the only way to tell them apart from regular faction units is their numbers. Sadly I've never created unit cards before but I seen a resource for PS in the workshop that can create them easily but I'm a GIMP man and rather not spend money on PS

Personally I'd love to have another 200 units to work with so every house would have their own units with their sigils on the shield along with that of their sworn vassals. Ratio was active over the holidays and had sent me his work, I think he made some extra units for certain factions and new units for both Targ and Blackfyre. Hopefully when he returns he'll be up for doing some more.

I thought I had added the undead dragon + the textures for it in the latest public release but perhaps that's only on my latest version, There are some giants/undead giants but I'd need to add the animations for them + they are from the German mod and I don't think I'll be taking anything from that mod besides the 3-4 units I used for the undead faction.

Thanks for you input.

Hi, PeaMan!

I hope you have an answer from Inarus. It takes a permission to create a sub-mod from the version of Westeros Total War 1.0 beta?

I had forgotten about "Mammoths" in addition to the "Giants" both for the "Wildlings" and for the "White Walkers".

I would advise you to color the costume of the horses in the color of the houses (a dark color as in the TV series HBO).

In your version of the sub-mod there is the "Cavalry" (example: Arryn Cavalry, Sellsword Cavalry, etc ...) with the costumes of the complete horses (as the unit of the general of Mors Umber), it is not better to use a costume like that of the "Knights" units with the color of the house?

Add also the "Catapult", "Trebuchet" and type of "Naffatun" type that launches the "Wildfire".

Create the scorpion/ballista for the "Dragons".

Finally if it is possible, improve the fire of the "Dragons".
    Last edited by Crociato78; February 16, 2019 at 09:04 PM.