Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Westeros Total War: Fire and Blood 2.3 (ESSOS ADDED!)

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Game of thrones: Fire and Blood 2.0 (WTW 1.0 MAP IMPORTED)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Nice to see that VltimaRatio finally sent you those Golden Company units.

- Did he send you the entire rosters of the old factions but re-worked?

He told me in may that he had remade all the rosters.
    Yea he sent the entire unit_models folder, thing is it is based on the old AOPK version so we need to figure out what is new. He did mention the starks and greyjoy models had some changes so there may be more, if he continued with what he sent me last December there should be more minor house rosters but I don't think he created models for them, just re-skinned existing ones.

Do you want me to send you the file so you can have a look at whats new?

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Game of thrones: Fire and Blood 2.0 (WTW 1.0 MAP IMPORTED)

If you got the last files in december what I sent is what I did after basically up until now. The greyjoys are updated (I've posted screens of those), the new Stark model was just not done in time but I think I made some fixes to generic region units with better shields and made some fixes to minor house units but those don't look too diferent. I think some of it was armor upgrades...

Might try and finish the rest of the update models I was doing, I basically finished the reworked baratheons and Freys I think.

The folder I got this from was COK btw, that was the last build I was using.
    Winter is Coming

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    Yea he sent the entire unit_models folder, thing is it is based on the old AOPK version so we need to figure out what is new. He did mention the starks and greyjoy models had some changes so there may be more, if he continued with what he sent me last December there should be more minor house rosters but I don't think he created models for them, just re-skinned existing ones.

Do you want me to send you the file so you can have a look at whats new?
    Yes, that would be great- send the strat-models as well that Bantu rigged. I won't be able to use the minor ones but at least the others.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 15, 2019 at 11:46 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by VltimaRatio View Post
    If you got the last files in december what I sent is what I did after basically up until now. The greyjoys are updated (I've posted screens of those), the new Stark model was just not done in time but I think I made some fixes to generic region units with better shields and made some fixes to minor house units but those don't look too diferent. I think some of it was armor upgrades...

Might try and finish the rest of the update models I was doing, I basically finished the reworked baratheons and Freys I think.

Good stuff man, this will save time in replacing the current ones with the new entries etc.

Good job on the golden company, they look great in-game and finally aegon 'the young griff' for a feast for crows campaign will have units, I'll probably add a script to hire the GC for the other campaigns but for a hefty price.

Ah okay, I've been through so many different builds from last December

That would be awesome if you finished them but no rush in regards to those, I'm currently trying to find suitable units for the 6 new essos factions I added. Bantu-Chieftan plans to create rosters for them I think from various mods we've got permission to use assets from but he's doing the minor house strat models first.

Sounds awesome, and yes- if you finish the rest they would certainly be used.

COK? So you did work on the SGI mod that i got permission to use as a base? Parafix would demand me to remove everything but what Soul created, and that's annoying- also, as you didn't join me in may i were too tired to work on it alone. What did you finish compared to what i sent you in may?

Peaman were kind enough to port the SGI map to GoT Enhanced, which fixed the CTD-issues when starting the campaign and also made the campaign very stable - it still had the CTD after battle when fighting the battle with Jamie Lannister at the start of the campaign against the Starks.. But i fixed it by using a program and removing incorrect traits. I'm guessing it crashed because after the battle the traits were about to upgrade or something- or they would affect the hero in some way causing the CTD.

I'm well on my way to add everything to SGI's map, as Peaman only moved over the map and added the settlements etc to the descr_strat- which still took him three days to do. I've been moving over all the starting garrisons, all the family members, adding additional family members and such. Still some stuff remaining to do.

I do think that House Targaryen need more units, especially from the books- the Golden Company would belong to them in GoT Enhanced. But they also had elephants and such. Would also be great if the Wildlings could get an archer-unit. And heroes are needed- i still have your Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister, the Mountain and the Jon Umber hero-models.

But they are WIP so if you want to finish them i'll send them to you. What happened to your Theon Greyjoy and Jamie Lannister? They were both ready i recall.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 15, 2019 at 11:51 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I'll look over the assets and try and finish what I started, it's pointless to make models 90 % finished and not use them for anyrhing. Could try and do some Essos units at some point too, in any case I'd definitely do models base on house of the dragon when that comes out...

I had a look at the baratheon model and ended up using the new base mesh and a new helmet from the stainless steel submod to remake the unit, I think it looks better than most of what I did for the mod. I kinda wanna redo the units using this base model rather than the old one cause it's more realistic looking (some of the things in the show looked very prop-y, doing more realistic versions of the same stuff might be good?) but I also kinda wanna do the book-based models, like the mailed maa reskin below. Could be a separate unit pack maybe? Going by the book but taking some hints from the show when they did things right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sshbaratheon.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	359975Click image for larger version. 

Name:	booktully.jpg 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	359976Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bookbolton.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	359977

Honestly I don't remember how I ended up using COK... But I get crashes with the new FAB when I go into battles.
    Winter is Coming

Yes, that would be great- send the strat-models as well that Bantu rigged. I won't be able to use the minor ones but at least the others.
    I'll send them to you within a couple of days, I will add the minor strat models for you at some point but its probably best to wait until Bantu finishes the rest, pretty much every minor house that has a roster/unit will have a strat model for the family members based on those units.

There are some things that will need added for it to work. I'm currently busy working on getting things ready for 2.1 but I can give you a short guide on what needs to be done so everything is ready for the models.

I'll look over the assets and try and finish what I started, it's pointless to make models 90 % finished and not use them for anyrhing. Could try and do some Essos units at some point too, in any case I'd definitely do models base on house of the dragon when that comes out...

I had a look at the baratheon model and ended up using the new base mesh and a new helmet from the stainless steel submod to remake the unit, I think it looks better than most of what I did for the mod. I kinda wanna redo the units using this base model rather than the old one cause it's more realistic looking (some of the things in the show looked very prop-y, doing more realistic versions of the same stuff might be good?) but I also kinda wanna do the book-based models, like the mailed maa reskin below. Could be a separate unit pack maybe? Going by the book but taking some hints from the show when they did things right.

Honestly I don't remember how I ended up using COK... But I get crashes with the new FAB when I go into battles.
    Good stuff, it would indeed be nice to have you cook up some essos units at some point. I've expanded upon the AOPK house buildings and added around 50-60 for essos though they still need UI.

Those previews above are looking great, we could definitely find use for those. I plan to expand the custom campaigns at some point, maybe even a age of hero's campaign, perhaps they could be used in that campaign.

A couple people posted on the moddb page about having this problem as well, I have no idea why this is happening, maybe it could be due to the unit sizes but I'm not sure I'll probably ask Gigantus if he has any ideas. I've scaled the unit sizes down for V2.1 and fixed literally hundreds of errors in the log so I hope the new release will fix the issue.
    Last edited by PeaMan; November 15, 2019 at 02:56 PM.

True, it's pointless and is also why i'm in a hurry to finish some WIP-projects instead of letting my work there go to waste. Giving GoT Enhanced and Warcraft a proper update is part of that. Your skills as a modeller are impressive- so we could really use your help in finishing these Game of Thrones-inspired mods.

As for realistic units, and show-based less realistic units- my opinion is that both look great! I personally might like the old style slightly more - and suggest using the new style in Peaman's project, while keeping the old models in Game of Thrones: Enhanced -only adding units to factions in need of more units, such as the the Golden Company and such.

By doing this the two mods would be different from each other even though you would still have created the models in both mods.

If you want you could send me your WIP F&B project and i can take a look at it, and the COK-version- to see what was done. If i may be able to fix those CTD.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 15, 2019 at 03:37 PM.

- The Havamal

True, it's pointless and is also why i'm in a hurry to finish some WIP-projects instead of letting my work there go to waste. Giving GoT Enhanced and Warcraft a proper update is part of that. Your skills as a modeller are impressive- so we could really use your help in finishing these Game of Thrones-inspired mods.

As for realistic units, and show-based less realistic units- my opinion is that both look great! I personally might like the old style slightly more - and suggest using the new style in Peaman's project, while keeping the old models in Game of Thrones: Enhanced -only adding units to factions in need of more units, such as the the Golden Company and such.

By doing this the two mods would be different from each other even though you would still have created the models in both mods.

If you want you could send me your WIP F&B project and i can take a look at it, and the COK-version- to see what was done. If i may be able to fix those CTD.
    I'll send you my latest version in a day or so.

The main campaign has been changed to the war of conquest along with other stuff.

The age of hero's is just a idea for now I haven't actually worked on such a campaign yet

I would still use the show style units though for the show campaigns and just add more custom campaigns for earlier periods like the age of hero's etc, the unit count is 364 at the moment. I could also remove the generals in the custom battles to make more space for the units for that era.

I'll send you my latest version in a day or so.

The main campaign has been changed to the war of conquest along with other stuff.

The age of hero's is just a idea for now I haven't actually worked on such a campaign yet

I would still use the show style units though for the show campaigns and just add more custom campaigns for earlier periods like the age of hero's etc, the unit count is 364 at the moment. I could also remove the generals in the custom battles to make more space for the units for that era.
    You are right about that, it's possible to have different era:s such as early, late and middle- and the number of units is far from at the maximum 500. So the mod could use both styles, which would probably be better than deleting the older models. It's just the helmets are better looking in the show, at least i like the fantasy theme- i'm not much for modern realism unless it's a historical mod.

As for Fire & Blood- VltimaRatio had his own WIP project with his new models. I may be able to fix the CTD if he would send me the mod, but i'm not sure how much he completed. And the COK-version were SGI/Parafixe's mod (SGI was the leader) but Vltima might have taken it a bit further. I could take a look at it, but in order to avoid troube a lot of old stuff would need to be removed. Everything that SGI made is free for us to use. But i'm not sure what he created besides the map, i guess a lot of the unit cards- but they would be replaced anyway. And also maybe strat-models but we are going to use the show-based ones.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 15, 2019 at 05:24 PM.

- The Havamal

Apologises I've been busy, I'll try get it uploaded within the next few days and send it your way.

In the meantime, here's a preview of the karstark strat model -

Hi Peaman just had a look at the feast for crows campaign and have some Lore improvments for it. That would improve it but not change the balance.
    The North
    Ironborn should not control moat calin boltons took it on their way back to the north.
    They should control Torrhen’s Square under Dagmer Cleftjaw.
    Stannis hould have some glover and mountain clansmen in his army. Boltons should have a frey army at winterfell under Ser Hosteen Frey.
    Boltons should control hornwood.
    Wyman manderly should be near winterfell with an army.
    Riverlands
    I think it would make more sense for the brakens to side with the freys as they fall out and besiege the backwoods in the book.
    Crownlands
    Dragonstone should be under tommen’s control with loras tyrell
    In the books most of the stormlands defect back to the crown and abandon stannis so, tommen should have most of that. Storms end stayed loyal to Stannis though.
    The targs/golden company take evenfall hall as well in the books .
    Drift mark, claw isle, sharp point, stonedance . Do stay loyal to Stannis.
    Brightwater keep should be Stannis’s as the forents are his in-laws. The tyrels in the book also talk about besieging it to route them out. I think Stannis having settlements all over the place gives him an interesting dynamic and a different play style compared to other factions
    Looking forward to 2.1.
    Last edited by GeneralG; November 18, 2019 at 04:50 PM.

Hi Peaman just had a look at the feast for crows campaign and have some Lore improvments for it. That would improve it but not change the balance.
    Thanks for the info, I've made the changes for AFFC campaign you suggested for lore improvements.

The North
    Ironborn should not control moat calin boltons took it on their way back to the north.
    They should control Torrhen’s Square under Dagmer Cleftjaw.
    Stannis hould have some glover and mountain clansmen in his army. Boltons should have a frey army at winterfell under Ser Hosteen Frey.
    Boltons should control hornwood.
    Wyman manderly should be near winterfell with an army.
    Dagmar is now at Torrhens Square and MC is under boltons, more generals have also been added such as Hugo Wull (has 2k mountain clansmen), Maege Mormont, Galbart Glover and some more. I've also moved Wyman to the winterfell region with just over half a stack of men, Hosteen and Aenys Frey have been added with half a stack each totalling just over 2k men. I have put them under the Bolton faction as the AI frey would surely just march south.

Riverlands
    I think it would make more sense for the brakens to side with the freys as they fall out and besiege the backwoods in the book.
    I haven't done this yet but I'll put the brackens under the freys for 2.1.

Crownlands
    Dragonstone should be under tommen’s control with loras tyrell
    In the books most of the stormlands defect back to the crown and abandon stannis so, tommen should have most of that. Storms end stayed loyal to Stannis though.
    Drift mark, claw isle, sharp point, stonedance . Do stay loyal to Stannis.
    I want stannis to start with dragonstone under his control (more of a personal preference) but I've moved loras to the isle of Dragonstone with a small force consisting of tyrell and lannister troops, so pretty much I'm going for he's just landing on dragonstone and about to lay siege, the redwynes fleet has been moved of the coast of dragonstone as well.

Done, the Targ/GC now own the settlement.

Brightwater keep should be Stannis’s as the forents are his in-laws. The tyrels in the book also talk about besieging it to route them out. I think Stannis having settlements all over the place gives him an interesting dynamic and a different play style compared to other factions
    Done as well, brightwater keep now belongs to stannis with colin florent as its lord with just under a full stack of florent troops.

The Wildlings, the Nights Watch and the Others could use strat models. Will Bantu make those?

- The Havamal

The Wildlings, the Nights Watch and the Others could use strat models. Will Bantu make those?
    The Nights watch are using the strat models from the 1.0 mod which works well I think. The others could use a wight strat model for the captains as they already have white walkers as their generic strat model. The wildlings could definitely use one, I'm sure he wouldn't mind creating a wildling/wight strat model.

Next on his list is a mormont strat model then umber and manderly, after that it will most likely be the riverlands strat models such as mallister, blackwood, bracken etc.

As the vale, reach etc don't have extensive rosters such as the riverlands and the north I might ask Bantu to add shields to the back of the strat models with a sigil of the characters house on it so players can tell what house they are from without going into the interface.

The Nights watch are using the strat models from the 1.0 mod which works well I think. The others could use a wight strat model for the captains as they already have white walkers as their generic strat model. The wildlings could definitely use one, I'm sure he wouldn't mind creating a wildling/wight strat model.

Next on his list is a mormont strat model then umber and manderly, after that it will most likely be the riverlands strat models such as mallister, blackwood, bracken etc.

As the vale, reach etc don't have extensive rosters such as the riverlands and the north I might ask Bantu to add shields to the back of the strat models with a sigil of the characters house on it so players can tell what house they are from without going into the interface.
    I see- the Wildlings should have priority at least -because they are a faction in need of strat models. All those minor house models aren't as important because they are extras. I need the Wildlings for the Wildling-faction, and you probably do need them as well- same with the Others.

- The Havamal

I see- the Wildlings should have priority at least -because they are a faction in need of strat models. All those minor house models aren't as important because they are extras. I need the Wildlings for the Wildling-faction, and you probably do need them as well- same with the Others.
    The minor house strat models are the priority for fire and blood, the wildlings will probably be done after them.

Bantu Chieftan is currently busy so he is unable to do work at the moment but he was kind enough to give a few tips and point me in the direction of some guides so after many attempts I finally figured out how its done..

I just need to figure out how to add one or two missing textures but its working.

Umber strat model -

I'm starting to get the hand of this..

Mormont strat model -

Dothraki strat model -