Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Westeros Total War: Fire and Blood 2.3 (ESSOS ADDED!)

Domesticus

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Game of thrones: Fire and Blood 2.2 (WTW 1.0 MAP IMPORTED + ESSOS ADDED!)

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    Yea each faction and their vassals have a carrier model based on their rosters, do you mean a regular officer model without the banner? I just have the banner carrier I think they can kind of be considered as an officer

Ah I see, yea if your up for it you could mess around the the colours and such for the banners to make them more akin to the TV series, most look good I think but some could use a bit of improvements mainly in the colour department.

Hey mate,

Its good to see you back! Currently I'm working on some battle maps, its a tedious process but I'm determined to get some created for the mod. Highgarden is being worked on atm, the walls, terrain etc are finished I just need to assign them to the correct parameters in IWTE but its a long process to be honest

All this work wouldn't of been possible without your original Fire and Blood mod for a base and the inspiration and drive it gave me after playing it, many thanks!

Yes, a regular officer. Will you add regular officers?

I can try to make the flags more similar to those of the TV series.

Do you have to send me the textures and patterns of the flag bearers?

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Game of thrones: Fire and Blood 2.2 (WTW 1.0 MAP IMPORTED + ESSOS ADDED!)

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Yes, a regular officer. Will you add regular officers?

I can try to make the flags more similar to those of the TV series.

Do you have to send me the textures and patterns of the flag bearers?

I'm not sure to be honest, its a fair amount of work and I'm currently doing custom settlements atm.

Join the mod's discord server and drop me a DM, I'll send you the required files

Hey guys, I just tried out the mod, and I'm really enjoying it. I just have a couple questions.

1. Is there a way to slow down aging for all the characters? It's running fast enough that all the main characters will be dead of old age long before the game is finished

2. Is there any way to convert people to the Valyrian religion? I'm playing as Daenerys in the War of the Five Kings scenario. Her state religion is Valyrian, but I don't see any priests or temples to convert people, so there's huge disorder in all cities.

Quote Originally Posted by gx240gx240 View Post
    Hey guys, I just tried out the mod, and I'm really enjoying it. I just have a couple questions.

1. Is there a way to slow down aging for all the characters? It's running fast enough that all the main characters will be dead of old age long before the game is finished

2. Is there any way to convert people to the Valyrian religion? I'm playing as Daenerys in the War of the Five Kings scenario. Her state religion is Valyrian, but I don't see any priests or temples to convert people, so there's huge disorder in all cities.
    Hey,

If you wish to slow down ageing import the 10 TPY script found on the moddb page and replace the 3 TPY in the campaign script. Search for "season" in the campaign_script to find the ageging script and replace it, don't forget to change the timescale in the desc_strat as well.

Some more previews.. -

New model for Kings Landing. -

New model for Storms End. -

Golden Company character strat map model for House Blackfyre. -

Unique hero character strat map models for House Blackfyre (from left to right - Daemon Blackfyre, the twins Aegon and Aemon Blackfyre, Daeron Blackfyre and Aegor Bittersteel..) -

One of 40+ new unique buildings for Essos (descriptions have since been written) -

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    Hey,

If you wish to slow down ageing import the 10 TPY script found on the moddb page and replace the 3 TPY in the campaign script. Search for "season" in the campaign_script to find the ageging script and replace it, don't forget to change the timescale in the desc_strat as well.
    Thank you for replying. I used the 10 TPY script and it seems to be working alright. A few things I'm wondering about though. In the 10 TPY campaign_script.txt there are 3 events for managing the summer/winter changes, but the last 2 are commented out. Is there a reason for that? Wouldn't it be stuck in winter permanently with those 2 blocks commented out?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave ; same season 10 years, 25% chance change season
    and I_CompareCounter years > 9
    and I_CompareCounter weather_type = 0
    if RandomPercent < 5
    set_counter weather_type 1
    set_counter years 0
    historic_event winter_is_here
    set_event_counter Winter 1
    end_if
    end_monitor

;monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave ; same season 10 years, 25% chance change season
    ; and I_CompareCounter years > 9
    ; and I_CompareCounter weather_type = 1
    ; if RandomPercent < 5
    ; set_counter weather_type 0
    ; set_counter years 0
    ; historic_event summer_is_here
    ; set_event_counter Winter 0
    ; end_if
    ;end_monitor

;monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave ; same season 25 years, change
    ; and I_CompareCounter years = 25
    ; if I_CompareCounter weather_type = 0
    ; set_counter weather_type 1
    ; set_counter years 0
    ; historic_event winter_is_here
    ; set_event_counter Winter 1
    ; end_if
    ;
    ; if I_CompareCounter weather_type = 1
    ; set_counter years 0
    ; end_if
    ;end_monitor

But then this code makes it seem like the summer/winter cycles are just determined by the months, rendering all the above code meaningless. Doesn't this code mean it will always be summer on months 1-9 and winter on month 10?

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave ;allows game to advance age
    and I_CompareCounter month < 10
    console_command season summer
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave ;count the number of years for current season
    and I_CompareCounter month = 10
    inc_counter years 1
    console_command season winter ;fix, otherwise no aging
    end_monitor

Also, I'm not really clear on which line actually causes characters to age. Is it the "inc_counter years 1" line? The comments make it seem like the "console_command season winter" is what actually trigger the aging?

Thank you for replying. I used the 10 TPY script and it seems to be working alright. A few things I'm wondering about though. In the 10 TPY campaign_script.txt there are 3 events for managing the summer/winter changes, but the last 2 are commented out. Is there a reason for that? Wouldn't it be stuck in winter permanently with those 2 blocks commented out?

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave ; same season 10 years, 25% chance change season
    and I_CompareCounter years > 9
    and I_CompareCounter weather_type = 0
    if RandomPercent < 5
    set_counter weather_type 1
    set_counter years 0
    historic_event winter_is_here
    set_event_counter Winter 1
    end_if
    end_monitor

;monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave ; same season 10 years, 25% chance change season
    ; and I_CompareCounter years > 9
    ; and I_CompareCounter weather_type = 1
    ; if RandomPercent < 5
    ; set_counter years 0
    ; end_if
    ;end_monitor

;monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave ; same season 25 years, change
    ; and I_CompareCounter years = 25
    ; if I_CompareCounter weather_type = 0
    ; set_counter weather_type 1
    ; set_counter years 0
    ; historic_event winter_is_here
    ; set_event_counter Winter 1
    ; end_if
    ;
    ; if I_CompareCounter weather_type = 1
    ; set_counter years 0
    ; end_if
    ;end_monitor

But then this code makes it seem like the summer/winter cycles are just determined by the months, rendering all the above code meaningless. Doesn't this code mean it will always be summer on months 1-9 and winter on month 10?

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave ;allows game to advance age
    and I_CompareCounter month < 10
    console_command season summer
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave ;count the number of years for current season
    and I_CompareCounter month = 10
    inc_counter years 1
    console_command season winter ;fix, otherwise no aging
    end_monitor

Also, I'm not really clear on which line actually causes characters to age. Is it the "inc_counter years 1" line? The comments make it seem like the "console_command season winter" is what actually trigger the aging?
    I'm not sure, sorry. Scripting isn't really my thing, I only know the basics on the topic.

Some more previews..

Children of the forest.. -

Winterfell battle map.. -

Storms End battle map.. -

Special thanks to Makanyane who has been patient with all my questions in how to create battle maps!

Default Re: Game of thrones: Fire and Blood [RELEASED SUBMOD]

Hi, I recently downloaded fire and blood 2.1 I believe ( from a different forum ) But it keeps on crashing, and in battle the soldiers often appear as bright silver. From what I have read I think I need to download further updates and newer or even older versions of the mod. But I cant remember the exact place i downloaded it from and want to start again with a fresh download. Im not very good at all this mod talk, can someone tell me as simply as possible how to download the best possible version of this mod please with all the updates and fixes already implimented? If such a version does not exist all in one then im happy to do multiple downloads, I just need good guidance on where to find them, thanks.

If you need to know, I did not buy my copy of medieval 2 from steam but it does launch via steam, and it is not a pirate copy it is legit. And like i said i have already downloaded 2.1 so i have done the copy and rename of the exe file.

Quote Originally Posted by WeedJesus View Post
    Hi, I recently downloaded fire and blood 2.1 I believe ( from a different forum ) But it keeps on crashing, and in battle the soldiers often appear as bright silver. From what I have read I think I need to download further updates and newer or even older versions of the mod. But I cant remember the exact place i downloaded it from and want to start again with a fresh download. Im not very good at all this mod talk, can someone tell me as simply as possible how to download the best possible version of this mod please with all the updates and fixes already implimented? If such a version does not exist all in one then im happy to do multiple downloads, I just need good guidance on where to find them, thanks.

If you need to know, I did not buy my copy of medieval 2 from steam but it does launch via steam, and it is not a pirate copy it is legit. And like i said i have already downloaded 2.1 so i have done the copy and rename of the exe file.
    Hey join the mods discord, the link can be found at the top of the moddb page. I have released an early version of v2.3 which is considerably more stable then earlier releases. Also make sure your mtw2 is patched to 4gb, it is vital that it is.

When a new version comes out is it safe to continue a save from the older version? (Like start playing with 2.2 then install 2.3 halfway through a campaign and keep going?)

When a new version comes out is it safe to continue a save from the older version? (Like start playing with 2.2 then install 2.3 halfway through a campaign and keep going?)
    V2.3 wont be save compatible unfortunately.

Domesticus

Congratulations on Favorite submod/minor mod - 2nd place!

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Congratulations on Favorite submod/minor mod - 2nd place!
    Thanks mate, it ranked 3rd last time and 2nd this time. Who knows it might rank 1st on the following

Some more previews..

Unique strat map model for Stannis Baratheon.. -

The Bloody Gate battle map.. -

Riverrun battle map.. -

Some more previews, they have been added to the preview thread as well..

Daemon I Blackfyre

Aegor Rivers 'Bittersteel'

Aemon Blackfyre

Daeron Blackfyre

Daenerys Targaryen

Stannis Baratheon

Gendry Storm/Baratheon

Davos Seaworth

Robb Stark

]

Roose Bolton

Ramsay Snow/Bolton

Domeric Bolton

Rickard Karstark

Harrion/Harald Karstark

Torrhen Karstark

Eddard Karstark

Cregan Karstark

Arthor Karstark

Last edited by PeaMan; May 02, 2021 at 11:54 AM.

More previews, they will be added to the preview thread along with the other battle maps soon..

Highgarden Battle Map

Harrenhall Battle Map

Last edited by PeaMan; May 07, 2021 at 04:19 PM.

Some more previews.. (will be added to the preview thread soon) -

The Twins battle map..

Acorn Hall battle map..

New unique unit for Targaryen..

More previews.. -

The Dreadfort

Yronwood

Starfall

Gates of the Moon

Casterly Rock (credits to Arkay and DAC, I just retextured the models and added lion statues)

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

You've certainly been productive this spring - great stuff dude
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman