Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Westeros Total War: Fire and Blood 2.3 (ESSOS ADDED!)

Foederatus

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Game of thrones: Fire and Blood 2.0 (WTW 1.0 MAP IMPORTED)

A Feast for Crows have un CTD (descr_strat) ?

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Game of thrones: Fire and Blood 2.0 (WTW 1.0 MAP IMPORTED)

It works for me, I don't think I've touched the feast for crows campaign since adding it, it's fixed anyways for the next release.

I created a discord sever, feel free to join and ask your questions - https://discord.gg/FmxPbNA

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Congratulations on the release of version 2.0, that's an impressive set of improvements!

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Congratulations on the release of version 2.0, that's an impressive set of improvements!
    Thank you good ser.

7 settlements added to the map..

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-Castamere

-Stokeworth, Hayford and Brindlewood

-Kingswood

- Greywater Watch

- Skagos

I'm pretty sure I have had this happen on other mods but I cannot remember how to fix it.
    How do I make it full screen?
    Thanks!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Alright, i've implemented the Alt-Cut Dragons to Fire & Blood 4.0 that i did download from the MODDB-page.

I've modified the following files:

descr_mounts, battle_models.modeldb, export_descr_units, the animation-files.

What i did was:

1. I replaced all the old animations with the animations of BotET Alt-Cut as requested by peaman- using the Modeller's Toolbox program.

2. I did add the dragon animations, textures and mesh to the BMMDB-file, without replacing the existing entries for all those 20 something dragons. I replaced the lines manually for the existing entries.

3. I did replace the lines in the descr_mount for all the existing dragons without removing the entries of the dragons.

4. I did edit the EDU and replace the projectile, the formation and i did add cantabrian circle as it looks much better when they fire and fly around. I did also remove the "engine line" because it would prevent the dragons from shooting fire when moving.

The dragons will be more than one per dragon in the custom battles. But in the campaign we will be able to make each Dragon one only by using scripts.

I did use the undead-skin for undead Drogon and the other Dragons are varied with the black dragon, the blue dragon and the green dragon. I will leave the rest to Peaman regarding retexturing them and such.

The General/Captain is able to ride a dragon now. He/she will need to be moved to the saddle of the dragon. I might do this as well.

The animations for the Undead/Wildling Giants etc have stoped working because i replaced all the German Westeros Warhammer animations with the Alt-Cut ones. They will need new animation entries in the BMMDB from suitable giants of that mod.

PS: All the animations are implemented of BotET Alt-Cut, so any unit from that mod should work- be warned that the unique projectiles are not implemented so casters will CTD if you do not replace their projectiles.

Edit: I've fixed the general/captain coordinates.

The Dany model is added to the BMMDB, i've just made her the captain for the pics. The marka horses (if they were implemented) might need new entries for their anims.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.23 - 10.48.23.99.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.23 - 10.48.30.80.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.23 - 10.49.09.06.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.23 - 10.49.16.93.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.23 - 10.49.22.81.jpg  

Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.23 - 10.49.32.08.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.23 - 10.49.51.29.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.23 - 10.50.29.85.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.23 - 12.12.48.47.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.23 - 12.14.28.45.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 23, 2019 at 05:40 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Biz613 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I have had this happen on other mods but I cannot remember how to fix it.
    How do I make it full screen?
    Thanks!
    Open the FireAndBlood.cfg with notepad and at the bottom you'll see..

windowed = 1

Change the 1 to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Alright, i've implemented the Alt-Cut Dragons to Fire & Blood 4.0 that i did download from the MODDB-page.

I've modified the following files:

descr_mounts, battle_models.modeldb, export_descr_units, the animation-files.

What i did was:

1. I replaced all the old animations with the animations of BotET Alt-Cut as requested by peaman- using the Modeller's Toolbox program.

2. I did add the dragon animations, textures and mesh to the BMMDB-file, without replacing the existing entries for all those 20 something dragons. I replaced the lines manually for the existing entries.

3. I did replace the lines in the descr_mount for all the existing dragons without removing the entries of the dragons.

4. I did edit the EDU and replace the projectile, the formation and i did add cantabrian circle as it looks much better when they fire and fly around. I did also remove the "engine line" because it would prevent the dragons from shooting fire when moving.

The dragons will be more than one per dragon in the custom battles. But in the campaign we will be able to make each Dragon one only by using scripts.

I did use the undead-skin for undead Drogon and the other Dragons are varied with the black dragon, the blue dragon and the green dragon. I will leave the rest to Peaman regarding retexturing them and such.

The General/Captain is able to ride a dragon now. He/she will need to be moved to the saddle of the dragon. I might do this as well.

The animations for the Undead/Wildling Giants etc have stoped working because i replaced all the German Westeros Warhammer animations with the Alt-Cut ones. They will need new animation entries in the BMMDB from suitable giants of that mod.

PS: All the animations are implemented of BotET Alt-Cut, so any unit from that mod should work- be warned that the unique projectiles are not implemented so casters will CTD if you do not replace their projectiles.

Edit: I've fixed the general/captain coordinates.

The Dany model is added to the BMMDB, i've just made her the captain for the pics. The marka horses (if they were implemented) might need new entries for their anims.
    Great work man, this is exactly what the mod needed

Edit: the black grass for custom battles can be fixed by turning the grass quality to the lowest.
    Last edited by PeaMan; October 23, 2019 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    Open the FireAndBlood.cfg with notepad and at the bottom you'll see..

windowed = 1

Change the 1 to 0.

Great work man, this is exactly what the mod needed

Edit: the black grass for custom battles can be fixed by turning the grass quality to the lowest.
    No problem. The Dothraki Warriors are crashing the game when trying to use them in battle (and possibly the other Dothraki as well) and i tried finding out why but all the files are in place. Not sure why they are crashing.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Unfortunately I couldn't use the animation packs Mr_Nygren sent me as it caused most units to crash when going into battle though the dragons worked, so I went ahead and added the dragon animation so all works without crashes.

Credits to the BOTET Alt-Cut team and Midknight who granted me permission to use the dragons and Mr_Nygren who fixed the rider to the saddle.

Here's a preview of the dragons, there are others though they use the same as shown below -

Balerion

Meraxes

Vhaegar

Caraxes

Sunfyre

Tessarion

Dreamfyre

Tyraxes

Seasmoke

Vermax

Unfortunately I couldn't use the animation packs Mr_Nygren sent me as it caused most units to crash when going into battle though the dragons worked, so I went ahead and added the dragon animation so all works without crashes.

Credits to the BOTET Alt-Cut team and Midknight who granted me permission to use the dragons and Mr_Nygren who fixed the rider to the saddle.

Here's a preview of the dragons, there are others though they use the same as shown below -

Balerion

Meraxes

Vhaegar

Caraxes

Sunfyre

Tessarion

Dreamfyre

Tyraxes

Seasmoke

Vermax
    I did way more than fix the rider in the saddle.. I did add all the entries in the BMDB, change how they work in the EDU, change lines in the descr_mount. The animations were just two files out of like six that i edited. Took a couple of hours to do what i did even when not counting the animations.

Great job on the textures for the Dragons though- TWC works again finally.

- The Havamal

I did way more than fix the rider in the saddle.. I did add all the entries in the BMDB, change how they work in the EDU, change lines in the descr_mount. The animations were just two files out of like six that i edited. Took a couple of hours to do what i did even when not counting the animations.

Great job on the textures for the Dragons though- TWC works again finally.
    The other stuff you did was copied and pasted from BOTET which the exception of the rider on the mount + the EDU changes, same with the BMDB, the entries for the dragons were simply copy and pasted over to the FNB mod so I had to change the texture entries for all the dragons.

You will be credited for the work you sent me but I only used the 3 files you sent me, the EDU which you did indeed make changes, desc_mount which is literally copied 1 entry from the BOTET mod to 12 of the FNB dragons (though you did fix the rider location) and the BMDB in which you copied the entries over from BOTET so they needed corrected which I done.

Took a couple of hours to do what i did even when not counting the animations.
    The animation + skeleton packs you sent me were copy and pasted from the BOTET mod with no changes and though the dragons worked most of the other units didn't, I had to go and add the animation myself.

The other stuff you did was copied and pasted from BOTET which the exception of the rider on the mount + the EDU changes, same with the BMDB, the entries for the dragons were simply copy and pasted over to the FNB mod so I had to change the texture entries for all the dragons.

You will be credited for the work you sent me but I only used the 3 files you sent me, the EDU which you did indeed make changes, desc_mount which is literally copied 1 entry from the BOTET mod to 12 of the FNB dragons (though you did fix the rider location) and the BMDB in which you copied the entries over from BOTET so they needed corrected which I done.

The animation + skeleton packs you sent me were copy and pasted from the BOTET mod with no changes and though the dragons worked most of the other units didn't, I had to go and add the animation myself.
    The animations wasn't copy/pasted, i did add them manually- but they ended up the same as if you'd copy/paste them because i ended up deleting the older anims.

Yeah, but copy/pasting texture-entries in the BMDB to 25 dragons or something takes time, especially when i did add different textures to them all - undead, black, green and blue. I did add them manually.

I get it that you remade the skins, but still took time to add them. I sat for at least three hours with those Dragons.

- The Havamal

The animations wasn't copy/pasted, i did add them manually- but they ended up the same as if you'd copy/paste them because i ended up deleting the older anims.
    The pack.dat/idx + skeleton.dat/idx you sent me was exact the same size of the ones that BOTET uses. If you deleted animations wouldn't the files be a bit smaller than BOTET and not the same size?

The pack.dat/idx + skeleton.dat/idx you sent me was exact the same size of the ones that BOTET uses. If you deleted animations wouldn't the files be a bit smaller than BOTET and not the same size?
    Nope, i did delete the German Westeros mod anims, not the BotET anims. It used older Warhammer anims, and some vanilla ones. When the older vanilla ones got removed i'd guess some of the units stoped working.

- The Havamal

I don't know what you mean but the animations you sent broke most of the units and I couldn't use them I told you this so I had to add the animation myself..

Here's a screenshot of the animation files you sent me compared to BOTET animation packs, they are exactly the same which would indicate they were simply copy and pasted.. - https://gyazo.com/3912617c9b2920811f9d49e12420ca7e

They weren't..

- The Havamal

So I planned to keep this a secret until the next release but I couldn't help myself..

The mod now uses all 199 regions and Essos has been added though its a WIP, some sneak peaks..

Last edited by PeaMan; November 02, 2019 at 04:58 PM.

New strat model for the kingsguard, credits to VltimaRatio for the unit and to Bantu_Chieftan who converted and rigged the model.