Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Westeros Total War: Fire and Blood 2.3 (ESSOS ADDED!)

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Default Re: Game of thrones: Fire and Blood [RELEASED SUBMOD]

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Hi, PeaMan!

I hope you have an answer from Inarus. It takes a permission to create a sub-mod from the version of Westeros Total War 1.0 beta?

I had forgotten about "Mammoths" in addition to the "Giants" both for the "Wildlings" and for the "White Walkers".

I would advise you to color the costume of the horses in the color of the houses (a dark color as in the TV series HBO).

In your version of the sub-mod there is the "Cavalry" (example: Arryn Cavalry, Sellsword Cavalry, etc ...) with the costumes of the complete horses (as the unit of the general of Mors Umber), it is not better to use a costume like that of the "Knights" units with the color of the house?
    Well for a wtw 1.0 submod I think it would be easier to just ask the team leader HannibalExMachina for permission and credit those who worked on it. That said I did message others on the WTW team and they've given me permission to use their work.

Mammoths will most likely be added at some point, I'll ask AdmiralThrawn if I can use his mammoth unit from the AOPK mod.

What do you mean by horse costumes? As in the barded horse?

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    Well for a wtw 1.0 submod I think it would be easier to just ask the team leader HannibalExMachina for permission and credit those who worked on it. That said I did message others on the WTW team and they've given me permission to use their work.

Mammoths will most likely be added at some point, I'll ask AdmiralThrawn if I can use his mammoth unit from the AOPK mod.

What do you mean by horse costumes? As in the barded horse?

Of course, we have to quote for the credit of those who have done the job. Better to ask permission directly.
    I asked you why some time ago a person told me that for a sub-mod it was not necessary to ask permission (for the mod material), it was enough to mention it in the credits.

Yes, I meant the "Caparison" (caparisoned horse).
    Last edited by Crociato78; February 17, 2019 at 07:41 AM.

Of course, we have to quote for the credit of those who have done the job. Better to ask permission directly.
    I asked you why some time ago a person told me that for a sub-mod it was not necessary to ask permission (for the mod material), it was enough to mention it in the credits.

Yes, I meant the "Caparison" (caparisoned horse).
    When I was on a different map I had to ask the individuals for permission to use their using their work as I couldn't simply take it without their say so. Though as I said it's far more quicker and more practical to ask the head of the mod.

Take AOPK for example, I only had to ask Thrawn for permission to develop a submod using his mod as a base and credit all those who did work on the project before me.

Maybe I'm wrong though it just seems easier to ask the head if its regarding a submod will be based on their work, but yea if I wanted to take certain things from the mod I would have to ask the person who made it, which is the reason why the settlement strat map models made by Inarus haven't been added yet.

Originally the horses were barded and each faction had its own (only main factions not minor houses) which was in the base mod though I didn't think they went well with the GOT style units so I replaced them with marka horses.

Domesticus

When I was on a different map I had to ask the individuals for permission to use their using their work as I couldn't simply take it without their say so. Though as I said it's far more quicker and more practical to ask the head of the mod.

Take AOPK for example, I only had to ask Thrawn for permission to develop a submod using his mod as a base and credit all those who did work on the project before me.

Maybe I'm wrong though it just seems easier to ask the head if its regarding a submod will be based on their work, but yea if I wanted to take certain things from the mod I would have to ask the person who made it, which is the reason why the settlement strat map models made by Inarus haven't been added yet.

Originally the horses were barded and each faction had its own (only main factions not minor houses) which was in the base mod though I didn't think they went well with the GOT style units so I replaced them with marka horses.

OK! I got it!

Some units do not have the marka horses model.

We can color the carpet under the saddles (of the marka horses), with the color of the house to which it belongs.

Some units do not have the marka horses model.

We can color the carpet under the saddles (of the marka horses), with the color of the house to which it belongs.
    Any idea which units don't use the marka horses?

I actually like that idea. I'll certainly look into it.

Thanks!

Domesticus

Any idea which units don't use the marka horses?

I actually like that idea. I'll certainly look into it.

Thanks!

As soon as I have time tonight, I look for the units that do not have the "marka horses" model / texture.

You're welcome!

Domesticus

Hi PeanMan!

I checked all the cavalry in "Custom Battle".

Cavalry without the "marka horses" model/texture:
    -Mors Umber
    -Arry Cavalry
    -Sellsword Cavalry
    -General's Bodyguard (in all the factions)

The texture in game of the "marka horses" is missing:
    -Ironborn Cavalry (House Hoare)

The texture in the soldiers' game is missing:
    -Renly Bodyguards (House Stannis)

You do not see soldiers in game:
    -Unlocalised Placement Text (House Tyrell)

The texture in game is missing to the general:
    -To many generals (Crownlands House)

Other:
    -In game in the custom battle, the "House Hoare" faction icon is wrong, it has the "House Hightower" icon.
    -I would add the flags to the officers to all the cavalries (many cavalries do not have them).

Thanks!

Domesticus

You're welcome!

For the general's guards, cloaks could be added. Like in the HBO TV series.

For the general's guards, cloaks could be added. Like in the HBO TV series.
    That would be nice but sadly I have no experience with modeling, hopefully VltimaRatio returns at some point and will add them.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

That would be nice but sadly I have no experience with modeling, hopefully VltimaRatio returns at some point and will add them.
    Vltima is active in decembre and/or late may to late august.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Vltima is active in decembre and/or late may to late august.
    Noted thanks, hopefully he finishes of some of the minor house rosters when he returns. (such as glover/mormont spearmen, pikemen etc, currently they have 1 swordsmen unit)

Domesticus

Noted thanks, hopefully he finishes of some of the minor house rosters when he returns. (such as glover/mormont spearmen, pikemen etc, currently they have 1 swordsmen unit)

We hope that it will continue to create new units!

I can do enough with existing models/textures (making some changes).

Now I'm making changes (my personal) to the EDU.

We hope that it will continue to create new units!

I can do enough with existing models/textures (making some changes).

Now I'm making changes (my personal) to the EDU.
    Would you perhaps be interested in editing some current meshes? It would only be changing their weapons as the models are already there.

For example the glover/mormont/hightower and tarly only have either 1 sword or spear unit (tarly also have mounted crossbowmen).

If I knew how I would.do it myself and I'm sure I could learn how though there's still loads I want to polish/add.

An update for whats been done on the mod..

1. Smoothed coasts and rivers

2. Added the AOPK recruitment script..

3.Added unique voices for characters.. (main campaign and war of five kings done, roberts rebellion needs to be done)

4. Family trees spanning 3/4 generation's..

And some polishing so far.

Domesticus

Would you perhaps be interested in editing some current meshes? It would only be changing their weapons as the models are already there.

For example the glover/mormont/hightower and tarly only have either 1 sword or spear unit (tarly also have mounted crossbowmen).

If I knew how I would.do it myself and I'm sure I could learn how though there's still loads I want to polish/add.

An update for whats been done on the mod..

1. Smoothed coasts and rivers

2. Added the AOPK recruitment script..

3.Added unique voices for characters.. (main campaign and war of five kings done, roberts rebellion needs to be done)

4. Family trees spanning 3/4 generation's..

And some polishing so far.

I try!

In the main campaign there should be the most recent units without certain units (example: Renly unit).

I try!

In the main campaign there should be the most recent units without certain units (example: Renly unit).
    Good man!

Well yea true, Bolton is another example, the house is supposed to be extinct though they can still be recruited at the Dreadfort.

I could remove minor house units from buildings such as barracks etc and just have the basic faction units recruited from those buildings (northern pike, swords etc) and have the minor house units recruit-able via the house buildings from AOPK and since the custom campaigns all use separate desc_strats etc it would work.

For example the dragonstone settlement would have 'house stannis' building in the WO5K but in the main campaign it will have 'house targaryen' instead though I'll need to add the extra house buildings such as targaryen.

Domesticus

I noticed that there are GoT units that need to be fixed.

Domesticus

There are names of the units to be modified.
    There are various units "heavy spearmen" and "heavy sword" with the name "spearmen" and "sword" (even the statistics of attack and defense are to be changed).

I enclose some screenshots of the models of the units I'm working on.
    Last edited by Crociato78; February 26, 2019 at 03:46 PM.

Domesticus

Mormont Spearmen

Mormont Spearmen

It looks great!

Might I add another 2 to the list? Hornwood has a bow unit which could be used as a base to expand that roster (shield texture could be taken from.the basic unit as hornwood is on the shields) and umber which only have 1 swords unit.

If those minor houses get their rosters flushed out then almost every minor house in the north will have full rosters since VltimaRatio sent me the some dustin and ryswell units.

It's okay if you dont have time.

I'll be sure to list you in the credits for any work you commit.