Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Westeros Total War: Fire and Blood 2.3 (ESSOS ADDED!)

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Game of thrones: Fire and Blood 2.1.2 (WTW 1.0 MAP IMPORTED + ESSOS ADDED!)

Its been a while since the last preview but work slowly continues..

Undead Viserion dragon fire -

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

House Targaryen roster -

House Targaryen (Greens variant) roster -

House Blackfyre roster
    -

Last edited by PeaMan; July 06, 2020 at 10:39 AM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Game of thrones: Fire and Blood 2.1.2 (WTW 1.0 MAP IMPORTED + ESSOS ADDED!)

Hey PeaMan i looked at your preview at work but the pictures were not showing. Im at home now so i can see everything, and its cool, the roster is fine but that dragonfire is more interesting to me. Im needing some different colour fire effects for spells in my mod. That blue would fit well for the Lightning spell im thinking, do you have other colours too?

I was thinking about the Ryswells and i have some ideas, but can you tell me how big is that roster and what are the units? Like i imagine there must be some Rills Cavalry, or what you call it in your mod i dont know. Otherwise from your other houses previews, i see that some houses use bright colours on their shields, while others are more toned down. I want to say that im going for the toned down look. The northerners are not a very bright people. Like in the show i mean, their looks.

Apparently this is Lord Rodrik Ryswell from the tv show:

His armour looks very plain and boring. Well, the rills are plains i think, but that is of little help. Ive seen some fan art using horseshoes as decorative motiffs, but their flag is different, so thats just some fan art. Simple men are easier to make, but if you have any specific suggestions or something like that, im listening. I mean that goes to anyone who would have a brilliant idea ofc, share it.

Does anyone by chance know what the newest version of this mod is that is mac compatible? Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post

Hey PeaMan i looked at your preview at work but the pictures were not showing. Im at home now so i can see everything, and its cool, the roster is fine but that dragonfire is more interesting to me. Im needing some different colour fire effects for spells in my mod. That blue would fit well for the Lightning spell im thinking, do you have other colours too?
    Colours are tricky but I plan to add custom fire for all the Dragons based on the dragon fire in lore. For example, Tessarion 'The Blue Queen' flames were cobalt blue, other dragons also had unique flames so eventually there will be many with different colours.

If the colours you need aren't there I can create some for your mod if needed

I was thinking about the Ryswells and i have some ideas, but can you tell me how big is that roster and what are the units? Like i imagine there must be some Rills Cavalry, or what you call it in your mod i dont know. Otherwise from your other houses previews, i see that some houses use bright colours on their shields, while others are more toned down. I want to say that im going for the toned down look. The northerners are not a very bright people. Like in the show i mean, their looks.

Apparently this is Lord Rodrik Ryswell from the tv show:

His armour looks very plain and boring. Well, the rills are plains i think, but that is of little help. Ive seen some fan art using horseshoes as decorative motiffs, but their flag is different, so thats just some fan art. Simple men are easier to make, but if you have any specific suggestions or something like that, im listening. I mean that goes to anyone who would have a brilliant idea ofc, share it.
    Each rosters consist of 5 units each though the main house (stark, arryn etc) have like 7-8 unit rosters. The north has 11 minor house rosters with 5 units each, the other factions have a bunch of minor house rosters as well with 5 units each.

Currently the ryswell/rills unit models are very plain and nothing special just a leather vest, here's a screenshot of their strat model which is based on their units -

It's a pain they weren't shown in the show so we don't have anything to base them on. Personally I would picture them in hardened leather armour Kind of like the stark units but the same if that makes any sense (different than the pic I shared) and some heavy leather upgrades such as pauldrons etc. I think having unique style rosters for some rosters would be great so like ryswell gets axes instead of swords, another faction gets maces or morningstars etc. Perhaps with an emblem of a horses head to represent house ryswell something like this -

https://gyazo.com/d67ff3451cb10a9e9bf48beb38d5179d

Colours are tricky but I plan to add custom fire for all the Dragons based on the dragon fire in lore. For example, Tessarion 'The Blue Queen' flames were cobalt blue, other dragons also had unique flames so eventually there will be many with different colours.

If the colours you need aren't there I can create some for your mod if needed
    I didnt know that different dragons could breathe different colours fire (i havent read the books), that is really cool.

As for what i need, i have 4 projectiles in my mod to represent some spells, but for now just using vanilla resources because it was not a priority. So if possible, i would require some 4 different effects. One can be like that blue fire, i think, for the lightning, one green for some shamanic/druidic magic effect, one purple and one to immitate burning meteors, so like burning stones. If you can help and make/send me some of that, would be great, but im also pretty capable myself if you can explain how you add those effects i could try to do the same. I never played with projectiles, so i dont know even if the models for them are cas or mesh format or what? I would appreciate some help or advice.

Each rosters consist of 5 units each though the main house (stark, arryn etc) have like 7-8 unit rosters. The north has 11 minor house rosters with 5 units each, the other factions have a bunch of minor house rosters as well with 5 units each.

Currently the ryswell/rills unit models are very plain and nothing special just a leather vest, here's a screenshot of their strat model which is based on their units -
    Ok 5 units i get it, is there a general unit among those 5? What weapons setup they should have?

For example:

heavy cavalry with lances and swords for close combat, and shields
    light cavalry with axes and shields
    heavy infantry with two handed axes
    light infantry with axes and shields
    archers with axes for close combat

So there you have almost all using axes, is that what you want?

I have some ideas as to what they could look like.

It's a pain they weren't shown in the show so we don't have anything to base them on. Personally I would picture them in hardened leather armour Kind of like the stark units but the same if that makes any sense (different than the pic I shared) and some heavy leather upgrades such as pauldrons etc. I think having unique style rosters for some rosters would be great so like ryswell gets axes instead of swords, another faction gets maces or morningstars etc. Perhaps with an emblem of a horses head to represent house ryswell something like this -
    Right, i also imagined that the heavier type soldiers could have metal breastplates covered with leather like they were doing on the tv show (Sansa famously instructing some old smith to cover armour in leather for protection). Lets say similar to what would Rob Stark have in terms of armour, only that covered with leather on the breastplate, and the pauldrons i would keep bare metal like in that old lord picture from the show. The house insignia can be embossed on the chest, and there will also be shields with that emblem ofc. Teardrop shield will work best for their heraldic design i think. Under that partially leather covered armour, would be a dark gambeson similar to those Starks are wearing on the show, it can be i think either brown or black, as according to the Ryswell colours, but probably better brown.

Im not sure about their helmets, but im considering some type of barbute similar to that of the Starks.

I didnt know that different dragons could breathe different colours fire (i havent read the books), that is really cool.

As for what i need, i have 4 projectiles in my mod to represent some spells, but for now just using vanilla resources because it was not a priority. So if possible, i would require some 4 different effects. One can be like that blue fire, i think, for the lightning, one green for some shamanic/druidic magic effect, one purple and one to immitate burning meteors, so like burning stones. If you can help and make/send me some of that, would be great, but im also pretty capable myself if you can explain how you add those effects i could try to do the same. I never played with projectiles, so i dont know even if the models for them are cas or mesh format or what? I would appreciate some help or advice.
    I'll most likely be needing the same style fire so I'll create them at some point but here's the files that are used when creating a projectile/changing the appearance. I'll only explain the basics as it would be too long though I can send you a more in-depth on discord if needed.

The desc_projectile file is the first you'd need to edit to create the projectile, pretty straight forward stuff -

desc_projectile

Code:
    projectile tessarion_flame

flaming			catapult
    effect 			tessarion_fire_set
    end_effect				greek_fire_ground_impact_set
    end_man_effect			greek_fire_man_impact_set
    end_package_effect    	greek_fire_ground_impact_set
    end_shatter_effect		greek_fire_ground_impact_set
    end_shatter_man_effect		greek_fire_man_impact_set
    end_shatter_package_effect	greek_fire_ground_impact_set

area_effect		ae_dragon_fire
    damage			1000
    damage_to_troops 1000
    radius			0.3
    mass			0.8
    area			10.5
    accuracy_vs_units		0.0001           ;;; 0.0001 makes the projectile super accurate, a high value makes it less accurate so, a lower value = more accurate, higher value = less accurate
    accuracy_vs_buildings	0.0001
    accuracy_vs_towers      0.0001 
    fiery					; uncomment this to make all boulders fiery
    min_angle		-15
    max_angle		70
    velocity		75	;61
    ground_shatter
    body_piercing
    display			aimed
    effect_only

; Stuck model not used at the mo, shatter effect is better, but adding some shatter debris for ground impact would be good?
    ;stuck
    ;model			data/models_missile/onager_rock.CAS,  max
    ;model			data/models_missile/Big_Boulder_high.CAS, 40.0
    ;model			data/models_missile/Big_Boulder_med.CAS,  80.0
    ;model			data/models_missile/Big_Boulder_low.CAS,  max
    desc_flaming_projectile

Code:
    effect_set tessarion_fire_set
    {
    	lod 1000
    	{
    		tessarion_fire
    		tessarion_fire_drip
    		greek_fire_smoke_trail
    	}
    }

effect see_fire
    {
    	type particle
    	{
    		texture				battlefield/fire/see.tga		
    ;		texture				models_effects/textures/checker_board.tga
    		sprite_origin		0.0, 0.0
    		sprite_size			1.0, 1.0

size_range       	0.5, 2.5
    		age_range        	1.8, 3.0
    	    grow_range		 	0.2, 0.4
    		vel_range  			-0.0, -0.0 
    ;		die_size			0.3,0.4
    		fade_time 			0.2, 0.4
    		spin_rate			    -0.5, 0.5
    		acceleration			-0.05,-0.02,-0.0
    		sort_bias				-1
    		sort 					instance

keyframe_colour
    		{
    ;				0.0		255,	255, 255, 255
    				0.0, 	0,		255, 255, 255
    				0.2, 	40,		255, 255, 255
    				3.1, 	50,		255, 255, 255
    				3.5, 	0,  	255, 255, 255             ;This seems to only effect particles that have a desaturated texture (a completely black, white, and grey texture). It applies an RGB value to the texture to give it a colored hue. The first number is what time in the particle's life the color is applied. The second value is the alpha value, basically how much of the RGB value is applied to the sprite. The third, fourth, and fifth values are Red, Green, and Blue respectively.
    		}

alpha_max	   		255			 ; maximum alpha value
    		initial_size		0.4, 0.5
    		blend_type			additive
    		offset				0.5, -0.5, 0.3
    		max_particles       10000

emitter distance_time
    		{
    			density			       5	     	; how many particels per second
    			emitter_falloff_dist	100			; distance in meters to reduce emission over
    			emitter_falloff_bias	0.5			
    			distance_scale  		10
    			max_distance			6			
    		}

random_emit_radius		0.0, 0.0
    		system_radius			2.0			    ; radius used for culling
    		batched
    	}
    }

effect greek_fire_smoke_trail
    {
    	type particle
     	{
    		texture			battlefield/fire/greek_burning_smoke.tga

size_range      0.1, 3.5
    		age_range       2.5, 4.0
    	    grow_range		2.5, 1.0
    		velocity   		0.0, 15.2
    		spin_rate			    -0.01, 0.01
    		acceleration			0,0.15,0
    		sort_bias				0
    		sort 					instance

keyframe_colour
    		{
    				0.0, 	00,   80, 80,     80
    				1.5, 	100,   100, 100,    100
    				2.5, 	80,   100, 100,    100
    				4.0, 	0,   100, 100,     100                ;This seems to only effect particles that have a desaturated texture (a completely black, white, and grey texture). It applies an RGB value to the texture to give it a colored hue. The first number is what time in the particle's life the color is applied. The second value is the alpha value, basically how much of the RGB value is applied to the sprite. The third, fourth, and fifth values are Red, Green, and Blue respectively.

}

alpha_max	   	255		 ; maximum alpha value
    		initial_size		4.3, 1.8             ; Size of the projectile
    		offset				0.4, -0.4, -0.1
    		emitter distance
    		{
    			density			2 	     ; how many particels per meter
    		}

fade_time		0.5		

clr_adjust_by_ambient_intensity		
    	}
    }
    effect greek_fire_drip
    {
    	type particle
    	{
    		texture				battlefield/fire/#flame_wheel.tga	
    ;		texture				models_effects/textures/checker_board.tga
    		sprite_origin		0.0, 0.0
    		sprite_size			1.0, 1.0

size_range       	0.1, 0.5
    		age_range        	0.8, 2.0
    	    grow_range		 	0.2, 0.3
    		vel_range  			-0.0, -0.0 
    		die_size			0.2,0.5
    		spin_rate			    -0.1, 0.1
    		acceleration			-0.05,-0.20,-0.2
    		sort_bias				-1
    		sort 					instance

keyframe_colour
    		{
    ;				0.0		255, 255, 255, 255        
    				0.0, 	0,    222, 191,   185
    				0.2, 	80,  222, 191,   185
    				1.8, 	35,    222, 191,   185
    				2.2, 	0,     222, 191,   185              ;This seems to only effect particles that have a desaturated texture (a completely black, white, and grey texture). It applies an RGB value to the texture to give it a colored hue. The first number is what time in the particle's life the color is applied. The second value is the alpha value, basically how much of the RGB value is applied to the sprite. The third, fourth, and fifth values are Red, Green, and Blue respectively.
    		}

alpha_max	   		255		 ; maximum alpha value
    		initial_size		1.5, 0.8
    		blend_type			additive
    		offset				0.4, -0.6, -0.1

emitter distance_time
    		{
    			density			       4	     	; how many particels per second
    			emitter_falloff_dist	100			; distance in meters to reduce emission over
    			emitter_falloff_bias	0.5			
    			distance_scale  		10
    			max_distance			6			
    		}

random_emit_radius		0.2, 0.4
    		system_radius			2.0			    ; radius used for culling
    		batched
    	}
    }
    desc_area_effects

Code:
    <area_effect>    
             <name>ae_dragon_fire</name>
             <type>explosion</type>
             <impulse_radius>18.0</impulse_radius>         
             <impulse_force>0.55</impulse_force>
             <effective_radius>15.5</effective_radius>
             <effective_damage>10.25</effective_damage>
             <kill_radius>15.0</kill_radius>
             <kill_damage>120.0</kill_damage>
             <fiery>1</fiery>
          </area_effect>
          <area_effect>    
             <name>ae_nahptha_shot</name>
             <type>explosion</type>
             <effect>ae_medium_fire</effect>
             <impulse_radius>1.0</impulse_radius>         
             <impulse_force>5.0</impulse_force>
             <effective_radius>0.5</effective_radius>
             <effective_damage>1.0</effective_damage>
             <kill_radius>2.0</kill_radius>
             <kill_damage>6.0</kill_damage>
             <fiery>1</fiery>
          </area_effect>
    Here's a nice little guide on the subject - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...or-Projectiles

Ok 5 units i get it, is there a general unit among those 5? What weapons setup they should have?

For example:

heavy cavalry with lances and swords for close combat, and shields
    light cavalry with axes and shields
    heavy infantry with two handed axes
    light infantry with axes and shields
    archers with axes for close combat

So there you have almost all using axes, is that what you want?
    Well each faction only has 1 general unit, I couldn't spare the space for a general unit for the minor houses

Yea, heavy cavalry with lances+ swords and shields, light cavalry with axes. The rosters have a sword, spear, pike/halberd, bow and cavalry unit so perhaps changing some of the sword units to axe, maces and shields etc instead of every roster having swords? Just so they are a bit different.

I have some ideas as to what they could look like.

Right, i also imagined that the heavier type soldiers could have metal breastplates covered with leather like they were doing on the tv show (Sansa famously instructing some old smith to cover armour in leather for protection). Lets say similar to what would Rob Stark have in terms of armour, only that covered with leather on the breastplate, and the pauldrons i would keep bare metal like in that old lord picture from the show. The house insignia can be embossed on the chest, and there will also be shields with that emblem ofc. Teardrop shield will work best for their heraldic design i think. Under that partially leather covered armour, would be a dark gambeson similar to those Starks are wearing on the show, it can be i think either brown or black, as according to the Ryswell colours, but probably better brown.

Im not sure about their helmets, but im considering some type of barbute similar to that of the Starks.
    That sounds good to me, exactly what I had in mind

Here's a nice little guide on the subject - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...or-Projectiles
    Yeah that will do thanks. I know about those files and i have the projectiles coded and functioning, what i need is the custom graphics. I checked that turorial it looks really good, it should help.

Well each faction only has 1 general unit, I couldn't spare the space for a general unit for the minor houses

Yea, heavy cavalry with lances+ swords and shields, light cavalry with axes. The rosters have a sword, spear, pike/halberd, bow and cavalry unit so perhaps changing some of the sword units to axe, maces and shields etc instead of every roster having swords? Just so they are a bit different.
    Sure, changing weapons is not a problem anyway. I wanted to make sure about generals. Now i know that 2 types of soldier will be enough, a heavier type, and a lighter type, then they will have different weapons.
    BTW you want the cav lances to have little penants on them or just bare "sticks"? I cant make a long flowing animated pennat, but a shorter one will look fine - used that for some units in my mod and works ok.

Yeah that will do thanks. I know about those files and i have the projectiles coded and functioning, what i need is the custom graphics. I checked that turorial it looks really good, it should help.

Sure, changing weapons is not a problem anyway. I wanted to make sure about generals. Now i know that 2 types of soldier will be enough, a heavier type, and a lighter type, then they will have different weapons.
    BTW you want the cav lances to have little penants on them or just bare "sticks"? I cant make a long flowing animated pennat, but a shorter one will look fine - used that for some units in my mod and works ok.
    Are pennats the circle thing above where the soldier's hand on the lance? If so personally remove that, I don't think it's good for some factions, particularly the north, the iron isles and dorne. Perhaps the other factions could use it though it looks more like a jousting weapon

A spear (a longer one) would probably be better, like in the series, whatever you think will look best I'm game

Are pennats the circle thing above where the soldier's hand on the lance? If so personally remove that, I don't think it's good for some factions, particularly the north, the iron isles and dorne. Perhaps the other factions could use it though it looks more like a jousting weapon
    Nah, i mean like the little banners, flags, at the tip of the lance, like lets see:

thats more or less what im asking about, those little flags, its easy to add, but they wont be animated.

Now, some shield ideas:

Nah, i mean like the little banners, flags, at the tip of the lance, like lets see:

thats more or less what im asking about, those little flags, its easy to add, but they wont be animated.
    I like that, perhaps adding a number of lances so not all in the unit uses them?

The Titan of Braavos -

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Lookin good!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Yeah good job Peaman! Btw i have the models for house Ryswell done, just not all textured yet. Im kinda busy moving to a new place soon, so im not sure when i texture them completely, maybe this week or maybe bit later.

Work in progress. Let me know if this style is ok. The legs and boots are not done here yet. This would be the heavy type.

Work in progress. Let me know if this style is ok. The legs and boots are not done here yet. This would be the heavy type.
    They look superb mate, Good job!

Ok then i will continue with that look. I mean i know its based on the Stark designs, but i will try to keep everything in the "Ryswell colour scheme" of browns and black. I didnt want to add any fancy elements like heraldic designs, because in the tv show even northern lords look rather simple. There will be the heraldic design on the shields, that will look different from my previous example - the black "bordure engrailed" will be made to look as if its a piece of leather wrapped around the edges and riveted/pinned to the shield front, and the horse head itself will also have a false 3d look as if embossed leather. I thought about adding some details to the helmets, a noseguard, maybe a horse hair plume, to make them stand out from the Starks more?

BTW i tried to reach you on discord but was kicking me out when i tried to accept group invitation on the phone, and at home it look forever to log, dunno why, will try another time see if its any better.

Some more previews.. -

The Wall -

Qohor -

Lys -

Braavos -

Lorath -

Meereen -

The Yellow and Red Cities (Yunkai and Astaphor) -

Pentos -

Volantis -

Last edited by PeaMan; August 09, 2020 at 02:16 PM.

looking good!
    getting older

Changelog for the upcoming release.. -

V2.2

• 7 new campaigns bringing the total to 15 (Faith Militant uprising, Conquest of Dorne, Third Blackfyre Rebellion, Fourth Blackfyre Rebellion, War of Ninepenny Kings, Greyjoy's Rebellion, A Storm of Swords)
    • Bowstring animation for all westeros ranged units
    • Improved AI
    • Fixed essos rivers and added bridges and land crossings (can no longer walk over the rivers, will have to use the bridges etc)
    • Smoothed rivers (not finished yet)
    • New targaryen units (greens and blackfyre included)
    • Minor house rosters for the Crownlands, unit cards, unit card info and banners included (Rosby, Stokeworth, Hayford, Buckwell, Celtigar and Velaryon)
    • Minor house rosters for the Iron Isles, unit cards, unit card info and banners included (Harlaw, Goodbrother, Saltcliffe and Orkwood)
    • Minor house rosters for the Westerlands, unit cards, unit card info and banners included (Reyne, Westerling, Banefort, Kenning, Serret)
    • Unit roster for Slavers Bay, unit cards, info cards included
    • Character strat models for the Westerlands (Brax, Kenning, Reyne, Serrett, Westerling, Marbrand, Farman, Crakehall, Lefford and Banefort)
    • Character strat models for the Ironborn (Harlaw, Goodbrother, Drumm, Blacktyde, Botley, Sunderly, Saltcliffe and Orkwood)
    • Character strat models for the Stormlands (Errol, Fell, Buckler and Connington)
    • Character strat models for the Reach (Redwyne, Meadows, Hewett and Footly)
    • Character strat models for Dorne (Fowler, Wyl and Gargalen)
    • Character strat model for the Vale (Waxley)
    • Character strat model for the Riverlands (Smallwood)
    • Essos unit cards (info cards included)
    • New UI (thanks to WTW 1.0 team)
    • Improved faction icons.
    • General map changes
    • Freefolk can recruit Giants in some of their settlements, same with the others and undead giants (1 unit every 10 turns) (the starks can also recruit wildling and giants if they conquer beyond the wall)
    • Garrisons added to rebel settlements
    • Added ports to settlements (rhoyne has ports so sails can sail the river)
    • Unit descriptions
    • Changes to unit stats and upkeep
    • Generic general and captain portraits for the Dothraki
    • Ports added to settlements
    • Changed the lord of stokeworth starting character from Byrch to Stokeworth
    • A bunch of valyrian steel weapons and armour sets can be found in the valyrian ruins settlement (including brightroar, the lost valyrian steel sword of King Tommen II Lannister who lost it when he sailed to plunder valyria, neither the king, the host and the sword was never seen again)
    • Added Sandor Clegane for Joffrey in WO5K
    • Buckler unit cards + unit card info
    • Crownland cavalry unit card + unit card info
    • 100+ new generic portraits
    • New Dothraki unit cards
    • Lowered Giants defence stats
    • Changed the rogue prince campaign to the first campaign to fit the timeline, the dance of dragons is now the 2nd custom campaign
    • Unique buildings
    • Fixed wrong faction settlement icons
    • New quotes for the loading screens
    • Artillery added
    • New unique voices + added voices to A Feast of Crows and Roberts Rebellion
    • New text font (thanks for the GoT: Enhanced mod)

Sorry for the delay with the Ryswells Peaman but i had to take a step back from models and textures for the last few weeks and i was busy with RL stuff a lot too. I want to finish the Ryswells now within the next few days, maybe during the weekend.