Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goldengrove, Seat of House Rowan

Default Re: Goldengrove, Seat of House Rowan

She looked surprise, hardly believing that Lord Rowan would ask her for a choice, as he neither knew what to do.
    "If it would be on my terms, I would follow my heart, but I neither mind any of my nephews nor would wish them to die", she merely replied in a sorrow tone, looking deeply into Lord Rowan's eyes,
    "It seems ironic that the situation of House Tully is similiar to the one of House Targaryen, yet the man, who was chosen by his father sits on the Green council and the woman, who was chosen by the father gets supported by the one, who was in the end rejected and gifted with a small lordship instead. Kirth might be on his own as my brother Ser Gareth and his children were always on Eldric's side.
    If it is peace and a benefitial reign, I would probably wish, that Eldric shall succeed as he might need all help he could get.
    But if I need a warrior and a ruler with an iron fist on the throne, it would be no doubt Kirth. Not to mention that unlike Eldric he can bestow his titles towards his three sons, should he die.
    As a woman I would choose the first, but the second choice might be more realistic.
    I can't say for sure, as I would wish to see them succeed both."

It was obvious that she couldn't really decide, as the topic seemed as troubling for her as for Lord Rowan. Probably even more, as it was about her own family.

Default Re: Goldengrove, Seat of House Rowan

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dread View Post
    She looked surprise, hardly believing that Lord Rowan would ask her for a choice, as he neither knew what to do.
    "If it would be on my terms, I would follow my heart, but I neither mind any of my nephews nor would wish them to die", she merely replied in a sorrow tone, looking deeply into Lord Rowan's eyes,
    "It seems ironic that the situation of House Tully is similiar to the one of House Targaryen, yet the man, who was chosen by his father sits on the Green council and the woman, who was chosen by the father gets supported by the one, who was in the end rejected and gifted with a small lordship instead. Kirth might be on his own as my brother Ser Gareth and his children were always on Eldric's side.
    If it is peace and a benefitial reign, I would probably wish, that Eldric shall succeed as he might need all help he could get.
    But if I need a warrior and a ruler with an iron fist on the throne, it would be no doubt Kirth. Not to mention that unlike Eldric he can bestow his titles towards his three sons, should he die.
    As a woman I would choose the first, but the second choice might be more realistic.
    I can't say for sure, as I would wish to see them succeed both."

It was obvious that she couldn't really decide, as the topic seemed as troubling for her as for Lord Rowan. Probably even more, as it was about her own family.

Thaddeus nodded while she spoke. In the end, she may not have directly answered his question, but she did so indirectly. Lord Rowan was not fond of his choices. He did not like what he heard of Kirth, but Eldric's supported the one person he hated to.

"Marissa I am old enough to remember recognizing Rhaenyra as the true heir. By that premise alone, we would march to the aid of Kirth. The disrespect to your House Lord by declaring and splintering the Riverlands however, cannot be forgiven. We will provide assistance to Eldric how we can. We will maintain that our backing has nothing to do with the Targaryen crisis and move on from there. As for Eldrics issue of succession, we will help rectify that when we have settled this feud. I-"

Gerold's ravings interrupted their conversation as they could hear his armor clang up the hall. As he entered he surveyed the room. He instantly lunged at Robert, grabbing him by the collar and lifting him up against the wall.
    "What did you say to him? What did you say to MACE!"

Robert, already scared enough to almost relieve himself, stated cooly. "I haven't spoken to your brother since he left Highgarden."

Gerold dropped him leering at him as he made attempts to stand again. "Mace took ten thousand dragons from Derring Downs. He's gone and I don't know where."

Thaddeus Rowans eyes glossed over. He knew where. The last argument with his son had to do with who to back for succession. In his sons eyes Aegon was the clear winner.

Cooly Rowan addressed the room,
    "It doesn't matter now. We will be riding North as soon as all the banners are here. Lady Marissa, if you would like to ride in the train behind the main army you are welcome. Hosteen and everyone else stays here. Including Luthor. Robert, Gerold, and Jonothor we have battles to plan."
    With that Thaddeus exited the room with the men, leaving only Hosteen in the room with his mother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12