Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default The Ravens of the Seven Kingdoms

Here is where in-game news is posted.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Default Re: The Ravens of the Seven Kingdoms

News from the Vale: House Blackholm of the Scorched Vale is elevated to High Lordship of the Bite. House Waxley of Wickenden and Crab's Shore is elevated to High Lordship of Wickenden. Furthermore, House Egen are created Lords of Midlor Point and appointed High Lordship of the Fingers.
    Last edited by Adamat; January 09, 2019 at 07:59 AM.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Seven days after the death of Viserys, the bells ring within King's Landing and ravens fly across the realm. King Viserys is declared dead and his reign is praised by the letters sent to lords far and wide. Yet, it is noted within these letters that the will of Viserys declared Aegon, his eldest son by Queen Alicent Hightower, as his lawful heir. Crowned as Aegon, the Second of His Name, the newly minted Lord of the Seven Kingdoms calls forth all to swear fealty to the Iron Throne and to his crown.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

A flock of ravens depart Dragonstone.

To the Lords and Ladies of the Seven Kingdoms,

My crown has been unjustly robbed and my father's will disregarded. All of you once swore fealty to me and I have long ruled Dragonstone as its princess, and thus, heiress apparent of these kingdoms. I am the firstborn of my father's first marriage and it was his will than I would inherit the throne after his death. There is no possible mistake in this, for His Grace's will was to me and my heirs to rule after he died. But now, my crown has been usurped, undeniably so, and my brother claims the crown and the throne to be his and not mine. That cannot be, mine is the birthright, mine is the crown and the throne. Hear me, Lords and Ladies, and help me wash this affront, this dishonor and put any usurper in place. To my half-brother and unlawful pretender: yield, bend the knee and I shall be merciful, for such is the demeanour expected of a queen. Refuse to bend your princely knees and you shall face my regal wrath. Lords and ladies, fulfill your oaths, raise your banners in my defense and that of mine rights.

In the Name of the Seven,

Rhaenyra, First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms.

(signed and sealed)

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

In response to Rhaenyra's ravens, many ravens were sent to the high lords and their vassals from the Red Keep, bearing the royal sigil of House Targaryen.

To the Lords and Ladies of the Seven Kingdoms,

as witnesses of King Viserys' last will the Crown hereby declares Princess Rhaenyra, styling herself as the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms, and those, who follow her as rebells, who wish to overthrow King Aegon II and his bloodline in order to rob from them the very right to gouvern the realm, which the wise King had bestowed towards them knowingly. It is seen as treason to rise the banner against the King upon the Iron Throne, while it is the duty of his bannermen to follow his call, when he calls upon you. Do not fall for simple rumors from Dragonstone, when documents and the royal family, along with its household, can testify that it was indeed the wish of the benevolent King Viserys I. to crown his son Aegon as King, when passing away.

It was always the will of the old king, that the realm shall remain unified, as he guided us like his predecessor, Jaehaerys I. into a peaceful era. A time of feasts, balls and tourneys marked the lifetime of the Young King, how he was called, when we served under his rulership. Back then the realm's delight was innocent and joyful - yet it has turned bitter, if war is forced upon us by a cruel, iron hand, reaching for the crown, which stood for so many years for peace and unity.
    Now at a young age as well, the King's son is forced to stand against those, who defy the realm's peace for which Viserys had fought so long. An stable rulership, threatened by the very same daughter he once loved, but had to banish to Dragonstone because of her kin attacking the children, the Queen Dowager of House Hightower had gifted to the king.

It should be known that King Viserys had passed away in consequence to an injury, he recieved during an argument between House Targaryen and House Velaryon, as members of House Velaryon opposed the inheritance of Driftmark by one of Rhaenyra's children, which they claimed to be bastards, fathered by another man - though the king ordered punishment upon the insult of his family, it shall be known that Viserys I. never wished the realm to be inherited by a bastard heir, unworthy of the Conqueror's blood, leading to his final decision, before he passed away.
    The realm shall know that we as a family mourn the loss of a great father, a benevolent ruler and a wise man,
    but welcome the rulership of the man, who would continiue his legacy as an honorful leader, a King, who shall unite Westeros once more in order to lead it to its well deserved peace.
    The King is dead, long live the King!

In the name of the Seven

Aegon, Second of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms
    Ser Otto Hightower, Lord Hand of the realm and servant to his grace, the King

{signed and sealed}

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Baratheon news:

House Caron has been elevated to High Lord of the Dornish Marches

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Let the realm know that, on a crisp autumn afternoon, Prince Daeron Targaryen and Lady Brienne Baratheon were united in holy matrimony in the royal sept of King's Landing. May the Mother bless them with many children, and may the Crone guide those children to bright futures.

Let it be known,

By letter patent and royal writ, we declare that the man known as Addam of Hull shall hereby be legitimised as the trueborn son of Ser Laenor Velaryon and a certain Marilda of Hull, removing the taint of bastardy. From now on, he shall be known as Addam Velaryon, no longer a bastard in the eyes of Gods and Men alike. We also declare that his full-brother, Alyn of Hull, shall also be cleaned of the taint of bastardy, acknowledged as a member of the house Velaryon, hence let him be known as Alyn Velaryon.

In the light of the Seven,

Rhaenyra, First of Her Name, etc.

(SIGNED AND SEALED)
    The writ of succession and last will of Lord Corlys, of House Velaryon, so called the Sea Snake:

By the rights and customs of primogeniture in the Seven Kingdoms, I, Lord Corlys, of House Velaryon, Lord of Tiders, Master of Driftmark, Master of Ships and High Admiral of the Realm, hereby declare that the succession of all my earthly possessions is settled in the person of Addam Velaryon, said of Hull, as he is the eldest among our grandchildren, Gods guide them and light their way. We, thus, hereby declare that he is the heir to all our estates and wealth, him and his heirs of the body, lawfully-begotten, born in wedlock. Shall he die without offspring, Gods be merciful, our heir shall be Lucerys, of the House Velaryon, for our second eldest grandson, Jacaerys, of House Velaryon, is to inherit the Seven Kingdoms, and he shall be followed by the heirs of his body, lawfully-begotten. Shall he die, without legitimate offspring, the lordship and headship of my house shall fall to my third eldest grandson, Alyn, of House Velaryon, to him and his heirs of the body, lawfully-begotten. Shall he die, without legitimate offspring, Gods will not, he shall be succeeded by Joffrey, of House Velaryon, our fourth eldest grandson, to him and his heirs of the body, lawfully-begotten. Shall he die, we thereby settle succession on the heirs of the body, lawfully-begotten, of Lady Baela Targaryen, our most beloved granddaughter, and in case her line fails, to those of Lady Rhaena Targaryen, our most devoted granddaughter. Shall both of them die and their lines end and fail, the lordship, castles and belongings that I call rightfully mine shall be inherited by my royal grandson, Jacaerys Velaryon, Prince of Dragonstone, and his heirs of the body, lawfully-begotten, Gods give him many years of blissful happiness and peaceful rule. My beloved wife, Lady Rhaenys, of House Targaryen, shall hold a third of all my estates and incomes after my death and until her passing, Gods preserve her health, and she shall be executor of my last will and testament. In case a heir or heiress to my estates is not of age and not capable of ruling herself or himself, her or his tutor shall be the said Lady Rhaenys. Shall she join us in the afterlife before that, my heir or heiress shall remain under the custody of the closest heir in age and kindred, or his or her wardship shall belong to the Crown itself.

In the light of the Seven. Father, forgive mine sins. Mother, take care of your children. Warrior, give us strenght in times of turmoil. Smith, reward our efforts with success. Maiden, keep our children save and grant fertility to them. Crone, give us wisdom. Stranger, let my passing be peaceful.

Lord Corlys Velaryon, Lord of Tides, etc.

(SIGNED AND SEALED)
    OOC: Didn't know where to post this, but I had to post it somewhere.

Several ravens flock from Branstone, days after Lord Kirth's departure to the Crownlands, being prepared and copied beforehand so they would adress each High Lord and minor lord in personal.

To the Lords and Ladies of the Riverlands, sworn to House Tully by the word of Aegon the Conqueror,

with my Lord brother sitting idle and hesitant at Riverrun, I shall declare myself and my offspring loyal towards the cause of Queen Rhaenyra I. Targaryen, rightful heir to the Iron Throne and Lady of the Seven Kingdoms! By the injustice of those, who wish to undermine the rights of the firstborn, she was declared a traitor to the realm, wheras even I, the young Lord of Branstone remember that it was the will of King Viserys to crown her Queen of the realm after his demise. My Lord grandfather swore to uphold her right to the throne and so shall I as the one, who remembers what my Lord brother, my twin, my own flesh and blood has seemingly forgotten.
    Do not hesitate, brothers and sisters and stand up for the injustice, the ursurper Prince Aegon upon the Iron Throne forces upon you. My forces shall await him and the loyalists, true to the Queen's cause in soon time! While I leave it to my Lord brother and his insecure line of succession to choose whether he will join us as well or die by Fire and Blood!

Lord Kirth Tully, Lord of Branstone, heir to Riverrun

{SIGNED AND SEALED}
    In response one week later another flock of ravens would answer in return, this time from Riverrun, while routing for the cause of the Greens.

To the Lords and Ladies of the Riverlands,

it fills me with bitterness that my own twin brother has declared himself to the cause of Rhaenyra Targaryen, while I will hold my oath towards Aegon II., King upon the Iron Throne and Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. If it seems to all of you that I acted with hesitation as my Lord brother claims, then he is right, yet I did hesitate as I wished to avoid the Riverlands being driven into a war.
    Even without my consent, some of my bannermen align themselves already with the Black Queen - I neither will judge them, as each of them has their own motivation, yet Riverlanders might fight yet again other Riverlanders on open battlefield, like it has always been during the Age of Kings.

Those loyal towards Riverrun and the Crown shall gather at my fortress in order to bring back order to the realm, wheras I can only warn our enemies to march upon us.
    We shall fear the dragon fire, but we shall not fear the dragon. For as our enemy has to fear the same on their side as well.
    May the Seven bless us all.

Lord Eldric Tully, Lord of Riverrun, Lord Paramount of the Riverlands

{SIGNED AND SEALED}

We, hereby declare that Eldric Tully is a traitor, unworthy of being called, considered and styled as Lord Tully of Riverrun. We, thusly, proclaim his full brother, Ser Kirth Tully, the rightful Lord of the Trident and Lord of Riverrun, with all its attached rights and incomes, to him and his heirs of the body, lawfully-begotten. Ser Eldric shall answer for his griveous treason before the Royal Justice. We disolve any ties of fealty done to the said Ser Eldric and now his vassals shall be sworn to their rightful liege, Lord Kirth, of House Tully, Lord of the Trident, Lord of Riverrun and Branstone. We will always reward the faithful and punish those daring enough to betray us. Everyone who backs our rightful cause shall know our friendship and be rewarded for their loyalty.

In the Light of the Seven,

Rhaenyra, the First of Her Name, etc.

(SIGNED AND SEALED)