Thread: Porting AE features to The Last Roman?

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Default Porting AE features to The Last Roman?

Hello everyone,

Not being a fan of Grand Campaign maps in any TW and the fact that my rig runs smoothly on the DLCs pushed me to try and port AE's features to The Last Roman DLC but I seem to fail every time. I guess Assembly Kit is useless in this case.

I know the team members don't have time time nor the interest to do this, therefore I was wondering if anyone knows how to simply replace the factions and settlements with those of AE.

Is it an easy thing since almost everything is ready? Just porting and copy pasting?

Can anyone please bother with an explanation of how to do it and what to use?

Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Porting AE features to The Last Roman?

The settlements are vastly different so I think that it will be harder than just copy-paste. I imagine that in every settlement you need to add garrisons, buildings, culture of settlement, etc...

I would love to see an AE "DLC" replace the Last Roman for the first or second punic war. AOC change to Caesars war in Gaul and then into the civil war.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Anyone willing to do this for money?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    Anyone willing to do this for money?
    Tempting but still no

You are welcome to join our Discord and Slack, Nikron, if you want some general tips. Just send me a PM and you'll be invited
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Tempting but still no

You are welcome to join our Discord and Slack, Nikron, if you want some general tips. Just send me a PM and you'll be invited
    What he said
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Thanks guys. If I can find some general tips or mini tutorials it'd be great.

I must say, the potential mini campaign ideas are really exciting. The potential of this mod for growth is very promising indeed.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Any modder had a change of heart yet?

As intriguing as the idea sounds, I'm still going to have to dissapoint. A lack of time means there isn't any room for side projects as things stand, unfortunately. The offer to join our platforms on slack and discord still stands. We could always trade some ideas. Perhaps you can even find people there who are interested in such a project, who knows.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Nikron should hire some Pro´s for you (at least for all the typing stuff) so you guys could concentrate on creativity and enjoy your own game once a while

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    As intriguing as the idea sounds, I'm still going to have to dissapoint. A lack of time means there isn't any room for side projects as things stand, unfortunately. The offer to join our platforms on slack and discord still stands. We could always trade some ideas. Perhaps you can even find people there who are interested in such a project, who knows.
    Understandable mate. I'm barely having time to even visit the forum these days. If I knew how to port the features to TLR I would have done it myself last year.