Thread: Animation Speed Mod / Script?

Default Animation Speed Mod / Script?

Does anyone use a mod or a script to rewrite unit speed stats to quicken things up a bit? I find the unit animations are very slow and make the game look unrealistic. Something like a 20-25% increase to animation speed across the board should do it. I'm not a coder but if someone can tell me how to run an edit that will reduce all units speed without having to do it manually or there is a mod for it you can tell me about I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Default Re: Animation Speed Mod / Script?

*increase unit speed, rather

Movement speed is animation speed, CA decided in their infinite wisdom. So the thing you need to edit is the move_speed_mod entry for each unit.

It is possible to write a Java script to make the changes, though I don't know how you do that. If you're going to do it manually, do not use Windows Notepad, which corrupts files at random. You need to get Notepad++ or another proper editor.

Any change you make will not be savegame compatible.

Ok, I'll see if I can write a script or if not do it manually. Will post later if anyone else wants to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Camcolit View Post
    Ok, I'll see if I can write a script or if not do it manually. Will post later if anyone else wants to use it.
    i noticed the same issue with very slow motion animation ages ago. it was especially pronounced with regards to cataphracts. QS did increase it a little iirc, but i do agree, oftentimes the movement tends to look like its taking place underwater. share it if you succeed.