New Info Cards

For More Info Check Out the ModDB Article

Default Re: The Great War VI - The German Empire

Looks great dude, good job to you all and looking forward to it

very good...

mramazingfuntime's Avatar Civis

Fantastic, I'm very happy to see the mod still in development after all this time! I'd like to offer help in writing and editing the unit cards, province descriptions (basically, any descriptions), help text, or anything like that. Hit me up with a PM if interested. I'm also happy to carry out research (history graduate)

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

That would be awesome, Ill make a list of all the units that need descriptions starting with France as soon as i get a chance.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Whend will the VI version be out?
    Is it to different from the previous one?

Is it possible to make the naval battle different?

bk2-modder's Avatar Libertus

This level of quality is why this will always be one of my favorite Total War mods.

VSC24's Avatar Libertus

This makes me so damn happy

Hey B-diZl, do you have some news for us about development?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    Whend will the VI version be out?
    Is it to different from the previous one?

Is it possible to make the naval battle different?
    Unfortunately there isnt much more we can do to make the naval battles different. Having said that tho we have added new naval flags, added new ship types and some changes to which ship models are used for each ship type.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    Those look great, as usual!
    Quote Originally Posted by bk2-modder View Post
    This level of quality is why this will always be one of my favorite Total War mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by VSC24 View Post
    This makes me so damn happy
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by elinath View Post
    Hey B-diZl, do you have some news for us about development?
    Right now we working on alot of things beyond just the new uniforms like overhauling techs and research times and fixing how the Russian revolution works.
    Last edited by B-DizL; January 30, 2019 at 05:21 PM.

Perfect thank you for this great work !

Vortigern's Avatar Foederatus

Question 1: Are you planning on turning tanks into a cavalry unit (it is considered an artillery unit right now)?
    Question 2: Since it's kinda impossible to edit ships and vessels in NTW (and ETW for that matter), can we get a general idea, perhaps a screenshot or whatever, about any changes in naval warfare in this mod?

B-Dizl, i have an question, do you have lot of crashes to desktop when you are in battle?What's your pc config? because when i played tgw mod 5.1.4 i have repeatedly ctd during battle even i put graphics in high or middle.sometimes i'm fighting a battle during 40 mins when it crashes...at this time it really give me pain in the ass.

Crashes for me are frequent only when bunkers are involved in the battles. The ctd's are more related to the units than the graphic settings.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Vortigern View Post
    Question 1: Are you planning on turning tanks into a cavalry unit (it is considered an artillery unit right now)?
    Question 2: Since it's kinda impossible to edit ships and vessels in NTW (and ETW for that matter), can we get a general idea, perhaps a screenshot or whatever, about any changes in naval warfare in this mod?
    1.There was talk about doing this amongst the dev team but it didnt get very far for some reason. Its beyond my ability as a modder or i would look into it more.
    2. Im planning on doing another campaign/startpos preview before the end of the month and it will include changes ot the navies.

B-Dizl, i have an question, do you have lot of crashes to desktop when you are in battle?What's your pc config? because when i played tgw mod 5.1.4 i have repeatedly ctd during battle even i put graphics in high or middle.sometimes i'm fighting a battle during 40 mins when it crashes...at this time it really give me pain in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhell View Post
    Crashes for me are frequent only when bunkers are involved in the battles. The ctd's are more related to the units than the graphic settings.
    Im considering releasing a hotfix soon that might fix this. Currently there is already an issue where mg bunkers become available way before they should so the hotfix would make regular mgs available earlier and completely removing mg bunkers.

Because it's just a matter of some modified lines, please also add to the hotfix the changes to Romania, please.

Vortigern's Avatar Foederatus

Another thing that i was thinking, just how difficult would it be to port this mod to ETW?

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    1.There was talk about doing this amongst the dev team but it didnt get very far for some reason. Its beyond my ability as a modder or i would look into it more.
    2. Im planning on doing another campaign/startpos preview before the end of the month and it will include changes ot the navies.

Good news! but i also have crashes without bunkers do you think it's my computer? i'm going to buy a new computer so i was wondering for the specs

Im considering releasing a hotfix soon that might fix this. Currently there is already an issue where mg bunkers become available way before they should so the hotfix would make regular mgs available earlier and completely removing mg bunkers.

Good news! but i also have crashes without bunkers do you think it's my computer? i'm going to buy a new computer so i was wondering for the specs

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Warhell View Post
    Because it's just a matter of some modified lines, please also add to the hotfix the changes to Romania, please.
    What things in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by Vortigern View Post
    Another thing that i was thinking, just how difficult would it be to port this mod to ETW?
    Not easy sadly There are other TGW mods for NTW are on my long term list of work before anything in ETW would be done.

GPU:
    XFX Radeon R9 390X DirectX 12 R9-390X-8256 8GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card

CPU:
    AMD FX-8370 with AMD Wraith Cooler Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W FD8370FRHKHBX Desktop Processor

Motherboard:
    GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM:
    G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C8D-16GTX

Harddrive:
    SK hynix SL308 2.5" 500GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) HFS500G32TND-N1A2A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast