Thread: Suddenly the game is not running!

Default Suddenly the game is not running!

Well guys, let me tell you, some days ago, out of nowhere the games stop running. Even though i tried to open it as administrator, a curious messaged appeared

So, what can i do? I have a veeeeeeery advanced and saved play, i don't wanna reinstall it. Can it be fixed without doing that?

P.D: By the way, before that an strange message appeared when i tried to run it the code execution cannot proceed because steam_api.dll was not found, i downloaded and put that file accordin to a tutorial in my hard drive C:, and then the black window appeared. Thanks for any clue to solve this.

Default Re: Suddenly the game is not running!

Sounds like a problem with Steam.

You can copy your save somewhere else before re-installing, and as long as everything is the same as it was, it should work fine.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; January 02, 2019 at 03:26 AM.

I'm assuming you have a Steam installation, but if you look at the title of the message box, it says "...for non-Steam users". Which means you are running the wrong "launch icon". EB2 installs icons for both Steam AND non-Steam, so you have to use the one which applies to your build. To keep from making a mistake like this, just delete whichever icon is not applicable to your M2TW installation.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    I'm assuming you have a Steam installation, but if you look at the title of the message box, it says "...for non-Steam users". Which means you are running the wrong "launch icon". EB2 installs icons for both Steam AND non-Steam, so you have to use the one which applies to your build. To keep from making a mistake like this, just delete whichever icon is not applicable to your M2TW installation.
    I don't use and i don't have steam installed, i've never used it. I'm using the non steam executor and that's what i got from it.

Is there any problem if i put steam_api.dll in C: again? That's the first message i got, though as I said, I'm not steam user.

I can't imagine that the steam dll is necessary for non-steam users, so I doubt that would help. That error message is pretty explicit - the launcher can't find the M2TW executable. What is the directory path to kingdoms.exe and medieval2.exe? And where is the ebii folder in relation to that path? For example, my executables are in C:\Games\EBII-v235 while the ebii folder is here: C:\Games\EBII-v235\mods\ebii
    EBII Council