Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

Age of Hellenism v. 1.2 has now been released!

Download link

I was kind of hoping for the site to be fixed so that I can update the opening post and release the latest version of the mod, but since this has been taking time I will just release the mod with the short description in this post and then, once the site maintenance update is finished, I will update the opening post with the more extensive description.

The current update includes;

SELEUCID REBELLION SCRIPT REDONE

For more info, please, check this thread.

NEW EDICTS

1. Local Autonomy edict replaces the local party loyalty edict;

This edict is supposed to reflect the policy of ceding authority in a given province to the local dynasts who govern the province semi-independently. Such a policy is known to be pursued by the Hellenistic kings in the areas that were deemed less significant where it would be impractical to impose more direct imperial administration.

This edict will boost the loyalty of the party ruling this province at the expense of the significant cut to your income from taxation. It will also be more difficult to spread the Hellenic culture in this province, though the cultural penalty to public order will be much reduced for as long as the edict remains active.

2. DeI Sell Slaves, Import Food and Sell Food Surplus (Export Food) edicts have been completely redone and rebalanced for all the factions in the game, not just Hellenic.

- Sell Slaves is the edict that I have always liked in particular, though I had to nerf it a bit to make it more balanced with my edicts. Overall, the bonuses to PO have been removed. This edict is thus mostly the 'money edict' now.

- Import and Export Food; I've never really been much convinced to how these two edicts were designed and most of the time I've failed to find them useful, especially in comparison with other edicts.

My concept here is quite simple;

Import Food will allow you to import food any time you need it. The price of food purchase plus all the administrative costs associated with shipping and distribution is reflected in the higher empire maintenance. Better developed infrastructure such as traders, food ports and farming settlements will allow you to reduce the maintenance costs.

Sell Food Surplus will allow you to convert the food surplus from the royal land in the province into money which is in this case reflected in the higher income from agriculture in the province. The edict is designed in a way that the larger the urban settlements grow in the province the bigger the market, the more food you can sell and thus generate more profit. The 'resource regions' are deliberately excluded here to give more importance to non-resource regions. Building the trade ports will in addition slightly boost your profit from selling food as well.

FURTHER REBALANCING OF THE EDICT ASSOCIATIONS WITH THE BUILDING CHAINS; I've looked a little bit more into this and further rebalanced how the edicts link up with the building chains, giving priority to those building chains that are normally underused and less profitable than the others.

OVERHAUL OF THE PROVINCE NAMES; in line with my work on the settlements names I have completely redone the province names from the Adriatic all the way east to Bactria.

* all the provinces have been given names of the historical regions that they overlap with
    * each province bears an authentic Hellenic name written in Latin transliteration
    * my method was to include up to two regions for each province which means that for some of the provinces there are historical regions that had to be left out like for example the province of 'Galatia et Cappadocia' would more or less overlap with such regions as Phrygia, Kappadokia, Lykaonia, Pisidia, Lykia, Pamphylia and Isauria. In that case, however, it would naturally be impractical to include them all and thus only the first two which can arguably be deemed the most important, have been included

The complete list of changes;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    Ityopya - Aethiopia
    Haraiva -  Areia kai Margiane
    Hayasdan - Armenia
    Asia - Lydia kai Karia
    Baktria - Baktriane
    Bithynia et Pontus - Pahlagonia kai Pontos
    Bosporus - Kimmerikos Bosporos
    Carmania(?) - Karmania kai Drangiane
    Kavkasos - Iberia
    Xvarazm - Khorasmia
    Galatia et Cappadocia - Phrygia kai Kappadokia
    Maka - Gedrosia kai Arakhosia
    Illiricum - Illyris
    Yehuda - Phoenike kai Ioudaia
    Libya - Libye
    Makedonia - Makedonia kai Epeiros
    Mada - Media
    Nabata - Nabataia
    Palmyra - Koile Syria
    Parthava - Parthia
    Parsa - Persis kai Elymais
    Scythia - Skythike
    Syria - Seleukis kai Kilikia
    Transoxania - Sogdiana

SOME FACTIONS NAMES REDONE; there is currently in DeI an inconsistency to how factions are named with some of them like Ptolemaioi, Antigonidai and Seleukidai bearing an authentic Greek dynastic name while Eperios is, for example, a name of the geographical region which formed the core of that kingdom, or Pergamon a city name of the kingdom of which the city was the capital. I've decided to take a more alternative, yet coherent approach and name all those kingdoms by their dynastic names. There are two main reasons for it;

1) it looks and feels better once your realm grows larger; one can hardly name 'Eperios' the kingdom that already includes e.g. southern Italy, Macedonia, all mainland Greece and Thrace
    2) it is more historically accurate as the nature of the Hellenistic kingship was much more personal, centred around the king and his house rather than the region(s) which he had the authority over

On top of the dynastic faction names, I've changed a few additional ones for the better historical accuracy.

A complete list of changes;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    Aetolian League - Koinon ton Aitolon
    Bactria - Diodotoi
    Bactrain Usurpers - Euthydemoi
    Arche Bosphorus - Spartokidai
    Bosporan Usurpers - Pantikapaion
    Epirus - Aiakidai
    Epirote League - Koinon Epeiroton
    Katpatuka - Kappadokía
    Macedonian Usurpers - Koinon Makedonon
    Pergamon - Attalidai
    Pergamene Usurpers - Pergamon
    Pontos - Mithridatidai
    Syrakousai - Hieronidai
    Syracusan Usurpers - Syrakousai

EDIT: for the best game experience I strongly recommend that Age of Hellenism be used in tandem with Cultural Tensio and Alternative Economy

Some of the mod's features like the edict cultural effects, etc. are designed to work particularly well with the two aforementioned mods

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

congrats!

this seems really interesting
    FURTHER REBALANCING OF THE EDICT ASSOCIATIONS WITH THE BUILDING CHAINS

Looks promising ! Congrats on the release

Nice Seleukos.

In the Seleucid family tree Antiochus II is not as son but as other noble. Maybe this could fixed or it is supposed to be like that?

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Sadly it cant, since i believe you have to alter the start pros, something that will make the mod widly incompatible with any other submod. As an impression solution i suggest to adapt him in sometime. @ seleukos. Congrats once again, i am out for work for a few days but i will test it thoroughly!

Thx for the Update, in time for the weekend!

Thank you Nikossaiz. I will try to make peace with that bastard and bring him to the family lol.

Thanks seleukos!!

SeleucidRebellionRedone is no longer necessary with this update?

Thank you, guys! Hope you will have a good time with this update.

andresimoes,
    yes, setting up proper family trees will require thorough editing of startpos which will be very time-consuming and impractical, like niko said above. It's, however, not that bad with the with spawning historical characters as you can easily adopt them into the family as soon as they spawn.

Have you now, by any chance, started a new campaign with the Seleucids? If so, I would very much appreciate your feedback on the satrapal rebellion once it triggers.

Atomic Punk, yes, there is now no need to use the separate pack for the Seleucid rebellion as the script has now been included in the latest version of AoH.

I kind of forgot to mention that with this update it is recommended to start a new campaign for the full effect of this rebellion script. Otherwise, it's ok to use it in the ongoing campaign.

Yes Seleukos.

But i am also doing a test to see if works. I am using your recommended setup ( cultural tension ; kam economy ; Age of hellenism ) + Data Venia. I want to see if DV scripts don't break the rebellion script. I will need to play more turns to see.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You can't combine Kam's AE and DV at all, there are a lot of things which are not compatible, don't do that.
    I don't really think AoH and DV are compatible either, they can conflict on edicts
    DV contains the rebellion script so it will conflict with AoH's

Basically you're trying to merge mods having a lot of tables in common but treating them in different ways.
    The results depend on what you're loading first, maybe thanks to just luck something playable (and not intended) is coming out...

Yes i understand, that is why i am testing to see if is possible. I already deleted the combat system in DV because i found a bug when playing with the other mods.

Atm is in this order:

Cultural tension
    Kam economy
    Age of Hellenism
    Data Venia

Like Jake said above, you can't really combine mods in such a way. They overlap a way too much.

Just between Data Venia and AoH, I see DV modifies the two scripts that I modify as well, but given your loading order, my scripts should take precedence.

Other than that, we conflict a lot across a variety of db tables, like 'building effect junctions', a number of tables related to the edicts and fame levels (a very important table).

This results in a completely distorted and unbalanced gaming experience, especially from Data Venia, and since you use together mods that contain the same tables, it significantly increases the probability of errors and bugs.

Didn't work. I went to turn 32 and didn't get any rebellion.

There is no guarantee that the rebellion will trigger right after turn 30. You receive the protection for the first 30 turns and then the rebellion may occur based on your relations with your Eastern satrapies. Do you still have all those satrapies that you had at the start of the campaign or have any dropped out? What are currently your relations with them? Can you share a save with me so that I can look at it myself, too?

https://mega.nz/#!vk1WlSQI!wxG4zZj_v...CvI2ZCdEyVG_oQ

Ok. Well maybe the problem is that i have excellent relations with my satrapies. I have uploaded the save.

All right, I'll take a look, cheers!

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Ptolemioi wiped out the Seleucids around turn 50 :O Rebellion had not triggered or at least I don't think it had but I just updated your mod a couple turns before they were destroyed.