Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    This is so strange, I'm currently 100 turns into the Ptolemaic campaign and I haven't really noticed anything like that. Do you use any other mods?
    Apart from your pack v 1.1a, the active mods I have are DEI, HD Cities, DEI 12 TPY, and Rome 1 Music.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

And, just for the record, you've put my mod ahead of DeI in the loading order, right? Are you using the new or the old mod manager?

And, just for the record, you've put my mod ahead of DeI in the loading order, right? Are you using the new or the old mod manager?
    The new one, and your mod is the first on the list. But I can see your edicts in the game, so it's not like your mod is not active at all.

You mean the first from the bottom or from the top?

You mean the first from the bottom or from the top?
    From the top

So it should be working just fine. I will double-check it tonight. I might have overlooked sth, but since you are referring to multiple examples, I reckon that there is some issue with your mod manager where the same tables from my mod do not overwrite their equivalents from the DeI pack.

I will take a look at it once I get home, but you may in the meantime try to roll back to the old mod manager (it's basically more stable) and see if the problem prevails.

Decanus

Is this saved-game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerouin View Post
    Is this saved-game compatible?
    Yes, it is.

Decanus

Yes, it is.
    Fantastic, downloading now.

Too late for the Seleucids in my Macedonian campaign, unfortunately, but hopefully it'll keep the Romans a bit less ridiculous.

Decanus

Double post.

So it should be working just fine. I will double-check it tonight. I might have overlooked sth, but since you are referring to multiple examples, I reckon that there is some issue with your mod manager where the same tables from my mod do not overwrite their equivalents from the DeI pack.

I will take a look at it once I get home, but you may in the meantime try to roll back to the old mod manager (it's basically more stable) and see if the problem prevails.
    Thanks! Reloaded my Athens game with the old manager and everything seems fine, apart from one dignitary who's lost all his Agent's effects. I will let you know if I bump into any problems.

Fantastic, downloading now.

Too late for the Seleucids in my Macedonian campaign, unfortunately, but hopefully it'll keep the Romans a bit less ridiculous.
    Yeah, they will still be strong and quite invincible, but yes, they should be a bit less ridiculous at least!

Quote Originally Posted by grimble View Post
    Thanks! Reloaded my Athens game with the old manager and everything seems fine, apart from one dignitary who's lost all his Agent's effects. I will let you know if I bump into any problems.
    I've just taken a quick look at the Ptolemaic temples and they all link up with the new edicts, so it definitely had to be the fault of the new mod manager.

There might be, though, still some leftovers from the old edicts there that I haven't spotted, especially with regard to the traits, so just let me know if you notice anything!

Decanus

For me, the edicts are changed but the settlement names are not. Perhaps the latter requires a new campaign.

For me, the edicts are changed but the settlement names are not. Perhaps the latter requires a new campaign.
    Nope, it doesn't require a fresh start, that's just the text localization thing.

I bet it's the new mod manager issue. You need to roll back to the old manager.

how does one do that?

Take a look at this thread!

Hi Seleukos!!

I just started a new campaign with the Seleucids and I am enjoying it a lot so far. Your work really balances the game in a way it is more enjoyable to me. Great job!! ��

The Romans are not even in Greece as Athens conquered Epirus after several events and wars and Macedon is ruling over Thrace. I am afraid they are conquering the whole west, I must check ��

Hey Nikephoros and welcome to the forum!

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your campaign. Needless to say, the Seleucid kingdom are my favourite faction.

For an extra challenge in that campaign, be sure to check the redone Seleucid rebellion script.

I will include it in the next version of Age of Hellenism that is going to be out this weekend.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Thanks for this mod Seleukos! I've been trying to get an Athens playthrough going but every single time Rome rolls in right in the middle of the war with Macedonia. This time with your mod enabled at around turn 18, with Rome nearly at the gates of Athens, The Odryssians actually swooped in through the north of Appolonia and liberated the Epirote League. I was able to take Pella with the help of the other Greek city state (can't remember their name) and Sparta. Then a brutal war broke out with Bithynia, Odryssians and I. Odryssian territory was gobbled up and they were relocated to the Illyrian coast. Rome focused on Carthage with the Epirote league and Greek city state harassing Taras.

I can't tell you how many times I've abandoned a Sparta or Athens campaign simply because Rome always rushes in with two full stacks declaring war on the entirety of Greece while everyone is still fighting Macedon and Odryssia. This campaign is quickly turning into one of my favorites so I would just like to say thank you for your mod

Hey Beedo83,

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you are enjoying your camapign with my mod.

I'd always been annoyed with Rome moving into Greece too early in the game, too. And I was kind of hoping that those changes to the autoresolve script would keep them at bay, at least for a period of time.

In my current playthrough with the Ptolemies with approx. 110 turns into, Rome has yet to enter Greece. They started penetraiting into the Balkans but not yet Greece and I have also noticed that when the Punic war begins they tent to switch their focus to the south, south-west instead.