Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

@scipio the great

perfect, will be more flexible than a strict script or whatever that way. Truth is that i see much improvment on the AI. "problem" is i play with a lot submods ( yours realism, cultural tensio, age of hellenism, x2 trade money, ) and im not sure if they conflict or the extend of their interfiarence on AI behaviour.

@seleukos

Thanks Seleukos, i will give a try with the no attrition, but i dont like that all the related to attrition features via technology or traits will become useless. are you playing with this submod?

According to Rome vs Epirus script. Again you have right. on earlier campaigns i saw also rome conquer apollonia and leave taras for the end. propably Not remove the romes bonus entirely, maybe lowered a little if possible. Epirus should loose eventually, but then again, happens..

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    Thanks Seleukos, i will give a try with the no attrition, but i dont like that all the related to attrition features via technology or traits will become useless. are you playing with this submod?

According to Rome vs Epirus script. Again you have right. on earlier campaigns i saw also rome conquer apollonia and leave taras for the end. propably Not remove the romes bonus entirely, maybe lowered a little if possible. Epirus should loose eventually, but then again, happens..
    No, actually I'm not using this no_attrition pack atm. I was doing it for some time, but then as you said, it doesn't make sense for some of the effects and in a way it's a good game mechanics. Plus, the AI constantly breaking the siege hasn't really been a problem for me lately.

Regarding the Epirus, yeah, maybe removing the bonus for Rome wouldn't be the right thing to do. I'm basically ok with Epirus being conquered by Rome at some point, the only problem was that it was happening a way too early in the standard DeI - often something like 10-15 turns into the game. Now, however, it's much better as I normally see Epirus lasting around 40-50 turns, which is good enough. Plus, I haven't really had a problem recently with Rome moving too fast into Greece and Balkans, so I guess I will just leave it as it is and if I come up with any idea at some later date then I will just get back to it.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    @scipio the great
    perfect, will be more flexible than a strict script or whatever that way. Truth is that i see much improvment on the AI. "problem" is i play with a lot submods ( yours realism, cultural tensio, age of hellenism, x2 trade money, ) and im not sure if they conflict or the extend of their interfiarence on AI behaviour.

@seleukos

I will say that half those other mods are either not needed(as realism has its own version) or will break compatibility. Nonetheless, I will be introducing this CAI mechanic into realism soon enough
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 27, 2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Posts Merged.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

@scipio

ok, i will off the cultural tensio and the x2 trade, Age of Hellenism has elements that i like so i will follow it us well. When the realism 1.6 is going to be out? would required a new campaign?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    I will be introducing this CAI mechanic into realism soon enough
    Good to know

Forgive my ignorance but what do you do with the file once you download it to play the mod? Do I put it in Rome 2's data file or something?

Yes, David, you just need to put it in your data folder and then activate it in your mod manager. If you use the new mod manager then you also have to make sure that you move it up in the loading order so that the mod loads above DeI.

Have fun and let me know if there is something else you are wondering about!

Thanks Seleukos. I have added to the Rome 2 data file and placed it at the top of the list in the mod manager, however, I don't think it is working. The Seleucid cities of Seleukeia-Tigris and Antiocheia-Orontes have their default names and if the city names did not change I am guessing the rest of the mod did not activate either.

No, if the city names aren't there something must be wrong indeed.

Are you using the new mod manager? Have you made sure to activate the mod in the mod manager. It's deactivated by default.

Age of Hellenism has been updated to be fully compatible with the latest DeI update (1.2.4b).

Please, use the download link in the opening post.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    Age of Hellenism has been updated to be fully compatible with the latest DeI update (1.2.4b).

Please, use the download link in the opening post.
    Since we're hardcore team, milk and biscuits for all our users
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Il have to try this. Anyone have some screenshots of campaigns from this submod?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Since we're hardcore team, milk and biscuits for all our users
    I'd rather give something else to all our users, but that will most likely result in an indefinite ban...

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Il have to try this. Anyone have some screenshots of campaigns from this submod?
    Ohhh... you have to try this for sure, Achilles!

Is there something in particular you are wondering about with respect to these screenshots?

I'd rather give something else to all our users, but that will most likely result in an indefinite ban...

Il try it in next few days, im very interested in this. I want to fight powerfull epirus, macedon, seleucid, parthians.. In DEI macedon and epirus always getting destroyed
    So rome still gets to conquer most things but slower? He still have more powerfull autoresolve against other major powers? Btw, why is from DEI macedon excluded from major power, but epirus not hmm?
    To give conclusion, if I understood good, its like this. Rome> Parthia + Seleucids (Same bonuses) > Ptolomies + Epirus + Macedon + Carthage (same bonuses for those factions). Am I right?
    I wanted screenshots so that i can see progress of factions
    Offtopic: There is steam sale, company of heroes master pack (91% sale) from 90 euros to 8.5, if someone is interested..

Basically, that's more like that Rome > Seleucids > Ptolemies + Epirus + Macedon + Carthage + Parthia (though = against Seleucids).

My observations up to now have been that Epirus will get defeated by Rome, but it should take them longer (like 40-50 turns as opposed to 10-15). Macedon may grow really powerful, but that cannot be taken for granted. In my current campaign with the Ptolemies they started well by liberating Larissa and conquering Epidamnos, but in the end they were too overextended and with multiple enemies they were finally defeated and conquered by one of the Thracian factions. Seleucids, on the other hand, started well as well, then after rebellion they were overwhelmed by over a dozen enemies and nearly defeated, but they managed to hold on and after approx. 80 turns they began to reconquer all their territories.

So, basically, mu changes to the autoresolve script will increase the probability of the aforementioned factions thriving in the campaing, but that's just one of the elements that is not always decisive.

If you want a campaign where you will have to face strong Seleucid empire I would strongly suggest that you use this mod together with the Age of Hellenism.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Yeah, I had a feeling that I should have just kept my mouth shut...
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; March 15, 2019 at 06:59 AM.

Seleukos, the buildings and agent boni still refer to the old edicts. Just FYI.

Hey grimble,

Can you, please, be more specific? What buildings and agent traits? What faction are you playing?

Hey grimble,

Can you, please, be more specific? What buildings and agent traits? What faction are you playing?
    Yesterday I tested Egypt and their temples and city center buildings had boni from Bread & Games and other ooriginal edicts. Today the same is with Athens. Agents - for example spies (Commercial Stimulation edict +1 food from trade) or diginaries (PO boni from Bread & Games). Looks like building and agent traits boni are still linked to the original edicts.

Quote Originally Posted by grimble View Post
    Yesterday I tested Egypt and their temples and city center buildings had boni from Bread & Games and other ooriginal edicts. Today the same is with Athens. Agents - for example spies (Commercial Stimulation edict +1 food from trade) or diginaries (PO boni from Bread & Games). Looks like building and agent traits boni are still linked to the original edicts.
    This is so strange, I'm currently 100 turns into the Ptolemaic campaign and I haven't really noticed anything like that. Do you use any other mods?