Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

I can't believe, in my campaign with Romans, Antigonidai are trying a "restauratio" of the Alexandrian Empire, they conquered all Asia and now are going to take Syria. I've never seen such a thing.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by White Dwarf View Post
    This sounds like the perfect mod for my planned Antigonidai campaign. However, I somehow fail to get the mod to work. I copied the file into /data, activated the mod in launcher, but no changes occur when starting a new campaign. Phillipoupolis is still called Pulpudeva, the old edicts are still the same etc.
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?
    Hmmm... that's a bit strange. You load this mod before DeI, right? Are there any other mods you load ahead of my mod that may conflict with it? Have you enabled 'out-of-date' mods in your launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Auchan View Post
    I can't believe, in my campaign with Romans, Antigonidai are trying a "restauratio" of the Alexandrian Empire, they conquered all Asia and now are going to take Syria. I've never seen such a thing.
    This's great, Auchan! They won't do every time, I'm sure, but I'm really glad to hear that now the Macedonians are actually capable of making such progress!

No idea what changed, but now it runs perfectly. Now I only have to figure out how to replicate the Macedonian success from Auchan's campaign

Quote Originally Posted by White Dwarf View Post
    No idea what changed, but now it runs perfectly. Now I only have to figure out how to replicate the Macedonian success from Auchan's campaign
    Excellent, good to know that everything is now working!

Macedonian campaign... ohhh... that won't be easy!!! So be prepared for a lot of nailbiting in the process!

I can say this mod is definitely giving to me a very enjoyable campaign, so it will be staple in my game build. I find interesting the modifications of the edicts too, it would be pleasant to do maybe the same thing with the edicts of the other factions. Good job Seleukos, hope you'll keep up the project, making its features always compatible with DeI updates in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchan View Post
    I can say this mod is definitely giving to me a very enjoyable campaign, so it will be staple in my game build. I find interesting the modifications of the edicts too, it would be pleasant to do maybe the same thing with the edicts of the other factions. Good job Seleukos, hope you'll keep up the project, making its features always compatible with DeI updates in the future.
    Agreed, I love it!

Thank you, guys! I'm really happy to hear that you are enjoying this mod.

Auchan, the mod will surely be kept compatible with every DeI update, so no need to worry about that. I'll also keep on slowely adding new features to it, though my plan is to focus mostly on implementing new features for the Hellenistic factions rather than expanding the existing features to other factions. I have a couple of (hopefully) interesting ideas about what I can change so as to make the Hellenistic factions more immersive and enjoyable to play and the only thing I need now is some free time to carry on with it.

Been playing with this for a couple of days as Massalia, really liking it so far! It's nice to see Sparta/Athens not get facerolled by Rome twenty turns in for a change

Quote Originally Posted by Evidian View Post
    Been playing with this for a couple of days as Massalia, really liking it so far! It's nice to see Sparta/Athens not get facerolled by Rome twenty turns in for a change
    Good to hear that, Evidian! I'm glad you are enjoying this submod.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

planning to try this very prommising mod for my next campaign alonside Pigs ( really thank you Jake ), Cultural tensio, x2.5 trade, and some graphic cosmetic staff. Should be compatible as i see from other player statements. Now, a question, You have only manipulate the autoresolve scripts so Scipios AI changes still remain? and a second one. You have removed the sell slaves edict, one that i find propably the most used in my campaigns. Shouldnt still be in the game since you also include the commercial stimulation? . And -50% unrest means that in two turns you will have a rebelion for sure, seems somewhat artiffiacial to me. Nevertheless i will use it and propably be the way to go in all my future campaigns! Thank you for your efforts!

Hey nikossaiz,

Thank you for your interest in the mod!

Age of Hellenism should indeed be compatible with the set of mods you've listed, just for the record.

Yes, I have only modified the autoresolve script so there is no conflict between my mod and Scipio's CAI changes in the base DeI.

Out of those edicts that are in the base game Sell Slaves, Import Food, Export Food and Party Loyalty have not been touched by me and you will still find them in the game in their original format. I will eventually redo these edicts as well. Sell Slaves I like very much, but it's too OP in comparison with my custom edicts so I have to slightly modify its effects in line with my concept. Import and Export Food need to be changed as they are hardly ever useful for the player. Party Loyalty is too flat so it needs to be changed as well. I'm planning to get this done for my next update.

Regarding the public order penalty for the War Mobilization edict, yes, I do realize that it is quite harsh and I wanted it to be so. This edict is supposed to reflect some rather extraordinary measures that can be implemented only over the short course of time. Though, it is actually -50 PO and not -50% PO as you have written in your post. Moreover, the way I see it, this edict should only be used in stable, well-developed provinces where PO is currently not an issue. So let's suppose that you have a province where PO stands presently at +100 and the PO modifier is at +10 per turn. If you use this edict in this province the PO modifier for the next turn will thus be -40, and not -50, and it will actually take whole 5 turns before your PO goes down to -100 and triggers the rebellion. In addition, there are also other measures you can take to allievate this penalty, like for example patrolling the province where this edict is implemented, with your armies. There is also a number of traits and building effects that can help you deal with this PO penalty. In other words, this's designed to be a multilayer management where you are prompted to make conscious decisions about when and for how long you can use a given edict. Normally, if you do it in a right province, you can definitely keep this edict active for 5-6 turns without any serious consequences while you gain pretty big bonuses in the process.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; February 04, 2019 at 06:19 AM.

Sorry Seleukos but I've placed the pack file in the Rome2 data folder yet it doesn't show up in the launcher. I've enabled out of date mods and restarted my computer and am wondering if there's something I've missed that you can help me with. Again, sorry, I'm a bit of a noob with these things.

i agree with the food edicts, i rarely ( if ever ) use them myself. I also think that give loyalty to a party needs a little immersion. I thout that 100 PO is 100 %. Anyway,Ok, i will give it a go and try to make some feedback as Seleucids. I also like the changes you made on the city names. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus View Post
    Sorry Seleukos but I've placed the pack file in the Rome2 data folder yet it doesn't show up in the launcher. I've enabled out of date mods and restarted my computer and am wondering if there's something I've missed that you can help me with. Again, sorry, I'm a bit of a noob with these things.
    Hey Gluteus Maximus, so you mean that you placed the mod in the data folder and it didn't show up at all in the mod manager? This is honestly very strange. Did you make sure that the file was placed in the data folder and not in the main Rome 2 folder? Do you use any other standalone mods that are in your data folder and do show up in the mod manager?

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    i agree with the food edicts, i rarely ( if ever ) use them myself. I also think that give loyalty to a party needs a little immersion. I thout that 100 PO is 100 %. Anyway,Ok, i will give it a go and try to make some feedback as Seleucids. I also like the changes you made on the city names. Keep it up!
    That's great nikossaiz! Please, feel free to try the mod and once you've played with it for a while, please, let me know what you think!

ok, a quick feedback.
    DEI, PIGS, Cultural tensio, different diplomat outcome, x2 trade, age of hellenism 1.1 ( obviously ) playing Hard campaign hard battle. Playing as seleucids.
    turn 19.
    The greek peninsula is in constant termoil, macedonia vs athens & Sparta Conquering or liberating back and forth Larisa settlement ( aitolian league ) but none can take the apper hand. Macedonia seems stronger.
    For the first time i saw illirians conquer the celtic tribe above makedonia.
    Rome ( to quick sadly ) conquer apollonia two turns after conquering Taras. I hope they stop there for a while. in theire north regions they stop on venetti ( they conquer them )
    It is easier to make trade agreements ( but that is propably because i have many resources ) if it has anything to do with your submod. The only thing i can think is that being with trade aggrements with almost every faction can watch their cities and the auto resolve script dont aplly? i am correct?
    Ptolemei seem weaker. They are on war with Kyrini and carthage and nabatea as well as with me. they didnt lost any region, but ask me for peace after 10 turns of war without a single fight between us ( my two armies were way away from their borders and they could easily conquer my unprotecting settlements ) nothing happend.
    parthia neither expanded neither losing.
    So far so good.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

The only thing i can think is that being with trade aggrements with almost every faction can watch their cities and the auto resolve script dont aplly? i am correct?
    script will be applied, it has nothing to do with fog of war

script will be applied, it has nothing to do with fog of war
    oh i thought that if you see ( or you are next to them ) the script dont apply, same if you are fighting the scripting faction. Obviously i am rong but wouldnt be better this way? And thank you for you PIGS_2 , i cant give you rep right now but you know you diserve it

Thanks for the feedback, nikossaiz!

Yeah, like Jake said above, the autoresolve script does apply even though you have vision over these cities. It is only when one of your characters is close by that the script gets disabled, and that, I believe, applies only to your armies/generals and not the agents. In the original version of this script there was also a function which made the player allies exempt from the script, but that condition has been removed in my version.

Regarding the Epirus, yeah, that's quite unfortunate. Normally, I would see them holding on for much longer than that. In my current campaign with Macedon, for example, Rome took Apollonia quite early (10th-15th turn), but Pyrrhus was actually holding on in Taras till the 40th-50th turn.

In my last two playthroughs with the Seleucids I have also noticed that the Ptolemies were struggling. I wonder if that might be due to them having a strong, hostile, human player faction right beyond their borders that they normally take a very defensive stance, gathering up all their armies in the heart of their kingdom around Alexandria and refusing to take any offensive action. Another factor is that they normally have enemies on multiple fronts (east, west and south), which makes CAI unable to set its priorities right.

In Greece I have also seen this tug-of-war between Athens and Macedon in Thessaly. Macedon have the upper hand there so it's likely that they will come on top.

so if i play like say, seleucids my allies will also have an autoresolve advantage over the AI? ( i dont see the point on this )

Maybe if we make apollonia a kind of special city with maybe stronger harbor? i dont know if it is even possible.

You propably have right for the ptolemies, but i played with seleusids vs them in my previous campaign ( without your submod ) and they fought me with tooth and nail even being in war with almost all their neighbors.Talking about three stacks with mix phallangites and light support units vs one of mine and things like that

your submod is in the right diraction i am sure. I love the city names by the way and the thing that macedonia and epirus can make a stand.

ok, turn 28 feedback. Parthia conquered by a north persian faction, baktria expanded into 3 more neigbour teritories but persian factions put them to a hault. turn 29 feedback. Ardiei conquer tribalii ( or the celts with silver resource on balkans ). Macedonia take the settlement from them. Rome attack ardiei and subjecate them. turn 31 feedback. and now the most unussual turn of events. Aitolian league conquered Macedonia. They attacked pella with athens and sparta together! and a macedonian army was still in the tribalii teritorie doing nothing ( obviously an AI fault ).
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 07, 2019 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

so if i play like say, seleucids my allies will also have an autoresolve advantage over the AI? ( i dont see the point on this )

Maybe if we make apollonia a kind of special city with maybe stronger harbor? i dont know if it is even possible.
    No, no, it is actually the opposite regarding the autoresolve for your allies. Let's suppose that you play as Seleucids and you are allied with Athens that are at war with Macedon. Athens are the minor faction while Macedon are the major faction. In the original version of this script, however, all the minor factions that are allied with the player faction are exempt from the autoresolve script, which means that Athens in this case would fight on equal terms against Macedon. In my version of the script this function has been removed which means that Macedon will still get the bonus against Athens even though Athens are allied with the player. This was to prevent player-centered alliences from having an upper hand over their enemies, thus making it a bit more difficult for the player.

Regarding Epirus, what I was actually thinking about was to write a simple script that would trigger peace between Rome and Epirus once Taras is taken by the Romans. That would prevent Rome from conquering them entirely and crossing the Adriatic too early in the game. Thare are, however, potential problems associated with it as well. Like for example Rome first crossing the Adriatic and taking Apollonia, and then going for Taras as they actually did in my recent campaign with Macedon.

ok, turn 28 feedback. Parthia conquered by a north persian faction, baktria expanded into 3 more neigbour teritories but persian factions put them to a hault.
    Talking about Parthia, yes, I have admittedly yet to see them growing any bigger than they are at the start of the game even though they get the autoresolve bonus against all the factions in that part of the map except from the Seleucids.

Macedonia take the settlement from them. Rome attack ardiei and subjecate them. turn 31 feedback. and now the most unussual turn of events. Aitolian league conquered Macedonia. They attacked pella with athens and sparta together! and a macedonian army was still in the tribalii teritorie doing nothing ( obviously an AI fault ).
    Yeah, that's sadly the AI's fault. From what I've noticed lately they do have an ability to reach their target, but then they often struggle actually to get back and if the Spartans, Athenians and Aitolians send their joint armies against Pella, the garrison itself will not withstand even with their autoresolve bonus. The Macedonians have, however, some settlements still, right? So they may potentially strike back.