Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Hellenism v. 1.0 for DeI

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    You asked about knowing what files were updated in the feedback thread - I thought it would be a good idea to post packs for submod creators to check out. So from now on (as long as I remember ) you can go here to find the resource http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?793043
    Very convenient

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Hey guys,

Age of Hellenism has been updated! Please, use the download link in the opening thread.

Version 1.1

• All interactions between edicts and traits and buildings have been revisited. Now my custom edicts should properly link with the trait and building effects and there should no longer be any references to the old edicts. If you spot any, please, let me know.
    • Some minor tweaks to the edict effects
    • Compatibility check with the latest DeI version (1.2.4a)

Any feedback would, of course, be much appreciated.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; January 15, 2019 at 04:15 PM.

Great !

Excellent! Keep it up buddy

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yup!

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

Good work! I'm going to try this mod, i was just wondering if it's compatible with cultural tensio and alternative script mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchan View Post
    Good work! I'm going to try this mod, i was just wondering if it's compatible with cultural tensio and alternative script mods.
    Thank you, Auchan! Yes, my mod is fully compatible with the CT and AE, and I very much recommend to use all these mods together for a truly remarkable gaming experience!

Once you try, please, let me know what you think. I need some feedback from you, guys!

EDIT: Tenerife Boy, or anyone else interested;

I've just checked the compatibility between my mod and Skillfultree's Greek champion reskin mod and it doesn't seem like there should be any issues using these two mods together, so you, guys, are good to go!
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; January 16, 2019 at 12:20 PM.

Senator

This sounds really nice. A lot new here with DeI after I took a pause. I will use the mod if I can convince myself to suffer again through the first game phases as Macedon (so stressing), my preferred Hellenic faction.

Question, you don't need the 12 tpy mod, it works with 4 tpy too? Never tried 12 tpy, aren't there some problems related to it? Small thing, you wrote in red (disadvantage) -8% empire maintenance for the edit "Colonization", should be +8%?

And last, when will you approach the most important task, removing most of the beards from the Hellenes (and facing Greek Strategos' everlasting wrath)?

Yeah Been using both, there's no conflict as both mod touches different parts of the game

Hey geala,

Good to see you back here! Yeah, I hope you manage to find that strength and courage to start that new campaign with Macedon!

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    Question, you don't need the 12 tpy mod, it works with 4 tpy too? Never tried 12 tpy, aren't there some problems related to it?
    No, obviously, you don't need 12 TPY to play Age of Hellenism. I currently play with with 12 TPY as I find it more immersive, but that's it. I don't think there are any problems related to this mod atm.

Your reforms come of course much earlier as they are linked to turns and not years, your characters age very slowely, etc., but other than that the 12 TPY mod is a very interesting proposition.

Small thing, you wrote in red (disadvantage) -8% empire maintenance for the edit "Colonization", should be +8%?
    Thank you for pointing it out. It's been corrected already.

And last, when will you approach the most important task, removing most of the beards from the Hellenes (and facing Greek Strategos' everlasting wrath)?
    Ohhh... I would have done that long time ago if it wasn't for that watchful eye of GS...

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Yeah Been using both, there's no conflict as both mod touches different parts of the game
    Yes, yesterday I looked into Skillfulltree's mod and realized that it modifies in fact only the variantmeshes, which of course doesn't cause any issues while using it with my mod.

And how is that campaign of yours with Macedon going on, Tenerife Boy?

Playing with Alternative Economy normal version along with your Hellenism mod and Benjin generals as most significant ones.

- For now in 50 turns I just have secured from Pella to Sparta and also have Rodhes, Pergamon and Ephesus.
    - Hellenic Local Nobles party just secceded but as they did not control any settlement and didn't have any army spawned (I'm not fool) they spawned with a small but very high tier units army that I defeated in a battle they were supported by Sardeis faction and that was my Casus Belli to now, try to conquer them in my aim to conquer anatolia. (Koinon Gallaton declared war at me a lot of turns before)

Enjoying it a lot !

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Playing with Alternative Economy normal version along with your Hellenism mod and Benjin generals as most significant ones.

- For now in 50 turns I just have secured from Pella to Sparta and also have Rodhes, Pergamon and Ephesus.
    - Hellenic Local Nobles party just secceded but as they did not control any settlement and didn't have any army spawned (I'm not fool) they spawned with a small but very high tier units army that I defeated in a battle they were supported by Sardeis faction and that was my Casus Belli to now, try to conquer them in my aim to conquer anatolia. (Koinon Gallaton declared war at me a lot of turns before)

Enjoying it a lot !
    Sounds good buddy. Let us know how it'll go

I'm trying this mod in my last campaign and i think it's a good choice. I appreciated the new resilience of the Macedons that now can, finally, manage multiple attacks from different factions. I'd humbly suggest to work more on the balance of greek factions of Massalia and Seleucids, in attempt to adjust some ripetitive mechanics from vanilla game and DeI. In my opinion, Massalia is always too strong because in the first 40 turns wipe out regularly all gauls factions surrounding Provenza and if you don't weaken it on time, it becomes a very huge threat in early game, making the politic of expansion with Romans too much obligated. Seleucids are, on the other side, always very weak and they loose almost always against Galati (turn 40, early spread out of Galati everywhere in Syria and Mesopotamia), maybe in this case, it would be a good thing to give them a bit more sustain.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchan View Post
    I'm trying this mod in my last campaign and i think it's a good choice. I appreciated the new resilience of the Macedons that now can, finally, manage multiple attacks from different factions. I'd humbly suggest to work more on the balance of greek factions of Massalia and Seleucids, in attempt to adjust some ripetitive mechanics from vanilla game and DeI. In my opinion, Massalia is always too strong because in the first 40 turns wipe out regularly all gauls factions surrounding Provenza and if you don't weaken it on time, it becomes a very huge threat in early game, making the politic of expansion with Romans too much obligated. Seleucids are, on the other side, always very weak and they loose almost always against Galati (turn 40, early spread out of Galati everywhere in Syria and Mesopotamia), maybe in this case, it would be a good thing to give them a bit more sustain.
    Thank you very much for your feedback, Auchan!

I'm glad to know you are enjoying the mod and that Macedon is doing fine in your campaign.

Regarding Massalia, that faction doesn't really get any bonuses via script so there is not much I can do about it and their dominance might be also due to some random combination of various factors. There is a number of those factions that usually, for some reasons, tend to do well in the campaign like Galatians or Kartli.

Regarding the Seleucids, yeah, that's quite unfortunate as my intention was to make them more powerful than they were before and yours is actually the second report that states otherwise. I guess the problem for the Seleucids is that early in the campaign, and especially after the satrapal revolt script is triggered, they find themselves at war on multiple fronts with too many factions so even though they receive bonus to their autoresolve against those factions, they still end up overrun by the sheer numbers of their enemies.

I'll, of course, look into it and try to increase this bonus with the next patch. I'd rather be a bit careful with this as I don't want them to become too OP as this would make the campaign a way too linear, but the goal is that the Seleucids should do well, nonetheless. Another way of approaching it that I've been thinking about is also to modify that satrapal revolt script so as to ensure that only a few satrapies break off once the script triggers, while others stay put.

What can i say.... an amazing submod! Playing with Pergamon currently, and enjoying it a great deal! However, on turn 38 i have decided to take a look at whats going on in europe and, guess what? Romans have Vesontio, Uburzis, all of the Alpine Gaul and the whole panonnia while not owning a province in Italia (Carthage is kicking their teeth in together with Syracuse). I feel like Romans get way too much of an advantage against the barbarian tribes - note, this was before the polybian reforms - and is there any way of decreasing their aggro against the poor germanics and celts, because i really do not want to see roman towns in Jutland.
    Thanks for your work!

Hey, Dorgolel the Great, and welcome to the forum!

Wow, so what you are actually saying is that Rome is actually struggling to dominate the southern Italy and they chose to expand more north? That's actually great news as that was in a way my vision while doing this submod.

So who's actually leading down there in the province of Italia? Is that Epirus by any chance?

As mentioned in the mod description, Rome's bonuses have been decreased but they still get the upper hand against other factions, not only the barbarian tribes and the AI doesn't obviously care about any historically accurate expansion so if they are heading one way they most likely won't stop till they reach the edge of the map.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Seem good news.

Carthage has owned the towns of Cosentia and Beneventum, while Syrcase(Usurpers) owned Taras. The situation has somewhat changed now - Rome lost Panonnia (not without my help), Uburzis but they still own flipping Vesontio, despite it rebelling every now and then and being surrounded by hostile celts from all sides. They have also have recaptured beneventum!
    I guess its time for my brave pergamese thureophoroi to go on a skiing trip...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorgolel the Great View Post
    Carthage has owned the towns of Cosentia and Beneventum, while Syrcase(Usurpers) owned Taras. The situation has somewhat changed now - Rome lost Panonnia (not without my help), Uburzis but they still own flipping Vesontio, despite it rebelling every now and then and being surrounded by hostile celts from all sides. They have also have recaptured beneventum!
    I guess its time for my brave pergamese thureophoroi to go on a skiing trip...
    That's indeed very unusual turn of events, Dorgolel. Thank you for your report!

This sounds like the perfect mod for my planned Antigonidai campaign. However, I somehow fail to get the mod to work. I copied the file into /data, activated the mod in launcher, but no changes occur when starting a new campaign. Phillipoupolis is still called Pulpudeva, the old edicts are still the same etc.
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?