Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

Quote Originally Posted by tndgu View Post
    Good mod but Macedon is unnecessarily too strong.
    As Rome, I can't seem to defeat them. I besiege Pella as it's their only city, out of nowhere they keep sending my general a full stack army or half, as if the script blocks macedon is being destroyed.
    Have you tried attacking with more than 1 army?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by tndgu View Post
    Good mod but Macedon is unnecessarily too strong.
    As Rome, I can't seem to defeat them. I besiege Pella as it's their only city, out of nowhere they keep sending my general a full stack army or half, as if the script blocks macedon is being destroyed.
    Hey, Macedon doesn't get any scripted army spawns, so whatever they recruit goes through the standard recruitment procedure, same as for the player.

If they have only one city left you can certainly put them down even if it takes some effort. As Falco pointed out, bringing more than one stack is definitely a good idea.

Hi, check the mod carefully, a terrible disaster has happened. 273 year, play for Pergamon ROME FELL!!!

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by GyJIeBeP View Post
    Hi, check the mod carefully, a terrible disaster has happened. 273 year, play for Pergamon ROME FELL!!!
    That is an example of the beauty of this mod!

Maybe not correctly understood, but it seems that ROME does not work bonus in auto battle. He lost to Epirus. Seleucus also loses to Egypt.

L.ANNIVS's Avatar Foederatus
    Over there, by the river and the hills...

Hi Seleukos!

I've enjoyed so much AoE that I'm starting to mod it accordingly to my personal tastes using PFM... I generally play DeI with AoE+CT+Alt.Ec.+Alt.phalanx&pike+Piraeus port.

I prefer a "more historical" or "less sandbox" gameplay, so when I'll public it for the community it will be a "MHLS submod", only after permission by You & other modders.

Anyway I'm not so experienced but I got many ideas and suggestions that could be implemented... With a bit of support if it's possible.

I can make a list of changes already done & planned... What do you say?

Cheers!

@ L. Annivs,

What is the "Piraeus Port" mod? I haven't been able to locate it.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Callicles View Post
    @ L. Annivs,

What is the "Piraeus Port" mod? I haven't been able to locate it.

Thanks,
    Go down with pages...

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...rt-(DeI-1-2-5)

It shouldn't be compatible with latest update (1.2.6a) I'm afraid... Need to be reworked or imported

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey, compatibile with 1.2.6a ?

How come naval stack limits are so low? Looks like 1/4 of army stack limits. It should be 1/2, in my judgment.

Hey guys,

Sorry for a late reply. Currently, I don't visit the forums as often as I used to.

L.ANNIVS, feel free, of course, to use any part of the mod you wish. Just remember to mention me in the credits.

If you need some support I would definitely recommend that you join our discord. We have one dedicated channel there for the submoders where people are quite active.

Just let me know if you are interested and I will ask Dresden to add you there as you need special permission to get in.

The mod is not currently 100% compatible with 1.2.6a and given that Dresden worked quite a bit on the edicts in the latest update I surely have to make some updates.

I can't promise anything, but I will try to do it by the end of September.

Basilius, yes I reduced drastically the number of fleets available, though indeed I might have gone a bit too far, especially for the highest imperium levels.

The problem is that the AI does not disband its fleets/armies, so once it looses most of its land armies and shrinks in territory it will be stuck with fleets only and it won't recruit new armies due to insufficient funds.

I have seen this a couple of times in the campaigns I've played and it really bothers me. So I thought that up to 2 fleets per faction, even if it's large, should suffice.

GyJIeBeP, Rome does have autoresolve bonus, just lowered. I don't think it's very likely that they can be completely destroyed by other factions and apart from your report, I haven't had anyone reporting this, but this may presumably happen at times.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post

Sorry for a late reply. Currently, I don't visit the forums as often as I used to.

L.ANNIVS, feel free, of course, to use any part of the mod you wish. Just remember to mention me in the credits.

If you need some support I would definitely recommend that you join our discord. We have one dedicated channel there for the submoders where people are quite active.

Just let me know if you are interested and I will ask Dresden to add you there as you need special permission to get in.

WOW! Many thanks! Hoping that everything is fine for you...

I'm working on it, I'll send you the file with the changes soon, so you could use in your submod as well if you like.

Demosthenes26's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    Hey guys,

Basilius, yes I reduced drastically the number of fleets available, though indeed I might have gone a bit too far, especially for the highest imperium levels.

The problem is that the AI does not disband its fleets/armies, so once it looses most of its land armies and shrinks in territory it will be stuck with fleets only and it won't recruit new armies due to insufficient funds.

I have seen this a couple of times in the campaigns I've played and it really bothers me. So I thought that up to 2 fleets per faction, even if it's large, should suffice.
    Do you recall which this table in? That's an understandable fix to the AI's ineptitude, but it would also be nice for Carthage, Egypt and the like to recruit more than 2 navies - maybe there is a number that is some middle ground to minimize the bug but still have solid naval AI recruitment.

Athens Resurgent - Athens overhaul submod for DEI: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...n-amp-Overhaul
    DEI Naval Combat Guide: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...l-Combat-Guide

- Does the "remove the supplies feature" submod work with this submod?

- Is there any way to prevent or soften the satrap rebellion as a Seleucid?

Quote Originally Posted by L.ANNIVS View Post

WOW! Many thanks! Hoping that everything is fine for you...

I'm working on it, I'll send you the file with the changes soon, so you could use in your submod as well if you like.
    Sure thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes26 View Post
    Do you recall which this table in? That's an understandable fix to the AI's ineptitude, but it would also be nice for Carthage, Egypt and the like to recruit more than 2 navies - maybe there is a number that is some middle ground to minimize the bug but still have solid naval AI recruitment.
    That's in the fame_levels table. It's easy to mod it and you can change it to your liking mid-campaign.

That would indeed make sense if some factions had extended fleet allowance given their historical naval prowess. Fame_levels table does not allow to set this for each particular faction/culture and this is connected exlusively to the imeprium level. It might be, though, that something can be done via scripting, or maybe even faction traits if the appropriate effect exists in the game. That I am a bit unsure about.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    - Does the "remove the supplies feature" submod work with this submod?

I see no reason why it wouldn't. AoH is basically compatible with other script-changing mods as long as those mods do not change same scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    - Is there any way to prevent or soften the satrap rebellion as a Seleucid?
    Do you mean player-controlled Seleucids? Yes, one can, for example, decrease the lowest relations treshold on which the satrapy is considered as a potential rebel. That's quite easy to do and probably it can be done on the ongoing campaign for as long as the rebellion hasn't triggered, though I might be wrong here and it might be that this still requires a fresh start to the campaign. One can also decrease a maximum number of satrapies that can potentially revolt.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; October 03, 2020 at 03:44 AM.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey, sorry for being impatient, but maybe you know when you update this mod ? I cannot wait for starting a new campaign with new version DeI and this submod. And thanks for all you hard work !

Special kudos for the rigorous documentation in the Submod description. Makes little, personal tweaks to one of the best DEI Submods so much easier!

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by White Dwarf View Post
    Special kudos for the rigorous documentation in the Submod description. Makes little, personal tweaks to one of the best DEI Submods so much easier!
    Out of curiosity, did you get the submod to work for the current version ? If yes why not give us horrible progammers a hand and upload a file of this fantastic but currently not updated submod ?

Sorry, I can't claim any real programming credentials outside of messing around with PFM until my phalangites have the right colour and Pergamon is blue again.

I have both DeI and AoH from the Steam workshop and, unless there are bugs I'm missing, both work flawlessly. Wish I could be of more help

Hey guys, just some quick info on this. I haven't really worked on this mod lately (I will again at some point), but it should be working without any major issues. You may see some weird effects here and there, but that's pretty much it. If you spot any game-breaking bugs, then just let me know, but I really don't think there should be any.