Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

L.ANNIVS's Avatar Foederatus
    Over there, by the river and the hills...

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

Hi Selevkos... Is this fully compatible with Dresden's last hotfix?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by L.ANNIVS View Post
    Hi Selevkos... Is this fully compatible with Dresden's last hotfix?
    The mod has just been updated, just use the download link in the opening post.

It's only the main pack that has been updated as the lite version was compatible.

Trying out this sub-mod for a Ptolemaioi playthrough, seems quite appropriate. Something I've noticed, though, that isn't mentioned in the features list, is that the garrison public order penalty is removed. Is this intentional, or accidental? (1.2a Lite version)

Not revolt satrapy, play 1 vs 1, I Seleucus, move 40-50 where the, already captured the entire Egypt. With satrapiyami relations 200+ this with, that already there is bonus in relations-140, but even with him, for 200+ relations, and they not betray. You have skrit on 100% otkol or stupidly a fine-100 and higher?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikitian View Post
    Trying out this sub-mod for a Ptolemaioi playthrough, seems quite appropriate. Something I've noticed, though, that isn't mentioned in the features list, is that the garrison public order penalty is removed. Is this intentional, or accidental? (1.2a Lite version)
    Hey, the garrison public order isn't removed, or at least it shouldn't be. You may have a mod conflict that causes issues with the garrison public order script. Can you describe that situation a bit further? Any other mods you use?

Quote Originally Posted by GyJIeBeP View Post
    Not revolt satrapy, play 1 vs 1, I Seleucus, move 40-50 where the, already captured the entire Egypt. With satrapiyami relations 200+ this with, that already there is bonus in relations-140, but even with him, for 200+ relations, and they not betray. You have skrit on 100% otkol or stupidly a fine-100 and higher?
    If you manage to retain the relations of 200+ with all your satrapies while playing as the Seleucids then basically you will have no rebellion at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    Hey, the garrison public order isn't removed, or at least it shouldn't be. You may have a mod conflict that causes issues with the garrison public order script. Can you describe that situation a bit further? Any other mods you use?
    I've tested it again with several different faction starts (some Greek, some not) after having cleaned all other mods, and the situation is same: You simply don't get the "garrison public order penalty" effect, neither on start, nor on subsequent turns/with newly recruited armies/etc. (Obviously, in vanilla DeI the effect is present.) Furthermore, if I were to load an earlier savegame started without Age of Hellenism with some armies garrisoned and the negative effect applied, it remains "stuck" on those armies even if they leave the city. I'm using DeI 1.2.5a and AoH 1.2a Lite in the default (alphabetical) load order.

Hope that helps. I can do more specific testing, if needed.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It can't be AoH, lite or not lite.
    They don't contain any data for that feature
    The only possible reason is that one of the 2 dei vanilla script seleukos modded is bugged with something not serious (like a typo). This may break the other scripts (like the PO script governing the garrison PO)

or...
    you've something bugged

a) revert to old mod manager: Go to Rome 2 on STEAM/Right click/Properties/Betas/Select the beta you would like to use/launcher_release_canditate.

b) if a) doesn't work, try this (this i copy pasted from dei, don't bother when it talks about submods):
    1. Clean out your data folder found in the Rome 2 install folder for Steam. Various mods can be active even without activating them in mod manager.
    2. Most other mods are not compatible with DeI so deactivate/remove them. Some submods may still cause issues.
    3. Reverify the game in steam to check local file integrity.
    4. Make sure you have patch 17 not 16 beta for the game itself.
    5. If none of that works, try deleting the Rome2.exe file found in the Rome 2 directory and reverifying your game cache in Steam.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 24, 2019 at 03:44 PM.

Yeah, like Jake said above, Age of Hellenism does not modify that script, or anything related to it.

I am gonna take a look at it and see if I get the same problem as you.

Patrician

to let you understand better, in the case there is a bugged script

these are the callbacks into campaign script

local reforms = require "lua_scripts.reforms";
    local army_caps = require "lua_scripts.army_caps";
    local saka_reform = require "lua_scripts.saka_reform";
    local gc_scripts = require "lua_scripts.gc_scripts";
    local gc_start_scripts = require "lua_scripts.gc_first_turn_setup";
    local auto_resolve = require "lua_scripts.auto_resolve_bonus";
    local PublicOrder = require "lua_scripts.PublicOrder";
    local supply_system = require "lua_scripts.supply_system";
    local historical_events = require "lua_scripts.historical_events";
    local SeleucidRebels = require "lua_scripts.SeleucidRebels";
    local changeCapital = require "lua_scripts.changeCapital";
    local money = require "lua_scripts.money";

if you have a lua_scripts.reforms (the first one) that is partially bugged it will bug all the others below it
    if you have a lua_scripts.money (the last one) that is partially bugged it will bug only itself (it doesn't have anything below)

so, if there is a problem (I doubt it but it might be) the problem is in lua_scripts.auto_resolve_bonus 'cause it is above PO

I can't say much about this mechanic but I've noticed it quite a lot of times while modding
    The actual order of the callbacks is indifferent (till they work fine, ofc)
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 25, 2019 at 12:51 PM.

Thanks for the instruction! I'm already using the old mod manager and have cleaned data folder from other mods; it's a very recent install with no betas, but I'll try deleting Rome2.exe and reverifying game files next.

I'll add that, on closer observation, change capital button is also missing for me (back to its original position at the top? without new effect), so I guess an earlier script in the load is indeed bugged for me; whether it's something broken specifically on my end or not remains to be seen. If it is, I'm very sorry for the false alarm.

Oh wow, I think I've found the issue.

Since I don't yet have experience with Rome 2 scripts, I tried looking into the .pack and deleting large self-contained parts of the scripting, then checking if this fixed the issue; worst case, I hoped to point out the bugged code area to you. At first I narrowed the cause down to the autoresolve script alone, then to the AI recruitment section in it, and there I noticed this:
    Code:
    --#########################################
    AI RECRUTIMENT
    (this is from 1.2a Lite .pack)
    Commenting that line out fixes everything.

Whereas in the full submod version it is already thus:
    Code:
    -- AI RECRUTIMENT
    And obviously, there everything works just fine.

Perfect! Thanks for finding that out. I'm gonna correct it tmr and update the pack.

The download link for Age of Hellesnim Lite has been updated.

Thanks again Nikitian for finding the problem and Jake for pointing us in the right direction!

Thank you very much for creating this brilliant mod, it does a great job of expanding on the Greek gameplay and has become a staple of my DeI campaigns.

I just have one quick question about a small sub mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...xt=autoresolve

I’d like to use this sub mod which gives the player a bonus in autoresolving battles, without changing the AI - AI autoresolve mechanics. It says the mod is compatible with DeI.

Would this submod run with AoH without issue as well?

Thanks.

Hei John Stone,

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the mod.

There shouldn't be a problem using the two mods together. The aforementioned mod does not touch scripts and the changes it introduces to the autoresolve are done exclusively via db tables.

Moreover, according to what the author says, the mod deals only with the autoresolve for the player while the script I've modifed for AoH concerns only the AI.

You may thus definitely use these mods together.

Hi Seleukos, thank you for the quick reply and for checking the details for me.

That’s great it’ll run without issue!

Thanks again for all your hard work

I just don't understand how to use the edicts, all of them have huge penalties that make them rarely worth the bother.

I must disagree. Each edict has its use in different situations. It does require more micromanaging, yes, and you can't just apply any random edict in every province at any time, but if you give this a careful thought you will realize that in a given situation the bonuses outweight the penalties even though on paper it may not seem so instantly.

Patrician

I can't say much but from what I recall you get better bonuses at the cost of maluses which philosophy I like much, personally.

Exactly. Plus you need to micromanage it a bit more and often make sure that you swap the edict once the situation in a province changes.