took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    Thanks, guys!
    Where is my Michter’s bourbon?

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Let's all congratulate Seleukos for his front page announcement and his overall work with Age of Hellenism
    Hear, hear!

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Thanks, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Where is my Michter’s bourbon?
    You know, Athens is actually one of the destinations I intend to visit in the near future, so you just simply have to be a bit patient!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This sounds excellent, I shall look forward to trying it out asap. Thank you for you efforts

hi, ages ago I was on this thread trying to get this submod to work but for what ever reason it would not activate. I then got distracted by other games and have not played Rome 2 for a while.

I am now back playing DEI and wanted to give this submod another go. I have downloaded the latest version of the submod, activated it in the mod manager on steam and placed it as the top of the mod list. Unfortunately the submod still does not seem to work. All the cities have their DEI names and not the names given by the submod so I am certain it is not working.

Is there anyway to fix this?

I really hope I can get it to run as I am looking forward to trying the submod

Hey David,

Which mod manager are you using? New or old?

Hi Seleukos

I believe I am using the new version. I am basing that on the fact that the mod manager for Rome 2 looks different now than it did when I last used it months ago

Yes, that must the new version then and that's surely the culprit here.

The only thing you have to do is to roll back to the old version of the mod manager. See the instructions here. That will most likely fix the problem.

Hi Seleukos

Thanks for your message. I have gone back to the old mod manager; unfortunately it is still is not working. I am not sure what is coursing the problem as the submod is in the mod manager and says it is activated, however it just does not run.

Have you checked 'enable out-of-date mods' in your manager?

That seemed to do the trick, it works now. The reason I did not try the enable out of date mods button before was because the mod manager classed your submod as an up to date mod with a green tick next to it; so I assumed pressing that button would not do anything. I am very glad I was wrong.

Thank you very much for your help Seleukos. I am greatly looking forward to trying out your mod.

Hey, is he good online? Question 2, how does the bonus work in Rome's macedonia, Egypt? It would be desirable that there would be not too big bonus as at Rome which in 0 tears down any stack without losses. But the plum of Alexandria with 20 units against 2 armies without losses for the attackers is also nonsense. We played assault, I was defensive, my friend attacked, he had 5000 on me 2000, he lost 3-4k. And AI attacking a city with 20 garrison wins without loss. For example, how long you have a macedonia, I would not want to imba, if they are at war with Athens, sparta , Odrissa, must lose, of course, but not against 1-1 Athens.

Yes, you can definitely use AoH in the multiplayer campaign. Regarding changes to autoresolve script, just read the description in the opening post;

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    I.a DeI Autoresolve script

The autoresolve script is one of the DeI's scripts adapted from the Ceasar in Gaul campaign by Litharion. What this script does is basically to determine the outcome of the battles fought between the AI factions. A simple concept, yet an extremely powerful tool. This script governs the course of the campaign and it is only the player's actions that can change this course.

The DeI's version of this script is very much Rome-centered, and even though a few other factions benefit from this script, as well, it is Rome who is the greatest beneficiary here.

I've analyzed and worked on this script for a while and it frankly took me some time to get to the point that I would find satisfactory. In my version, the balance has been shifted towards the Hellenistic monarchies so as to make them benefit more from the script. So how is my version different from DeI's?

• Rome still gets the upper hand against all other factions, but now their progress should be slower than before. That should be of particular interest to those who prefer slow-paced campaigns.
    • Rome will now struggle more against other 'major factions' such as, for example, Carthage and Epirus. They ought to come out on top in the end, yet this will cost them more time and resources in the process.

Observation;
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    In my last few campaigns, I have observed one tendency that hasn't been much to my liking. Rome normally rolls over Epirus within the first 10-15 turns conquering first Taras and then moving right up to Apollonia without much resistance. Once they find themselves in Apollonia they tend to focus their attention solely on the east, conquering swiftly Greece, the Balkans and Thrace, while largely neglecting at the same time the western part of the map. Let alone the fact that historically the opposite was actually true, it's perhaps not the most desirable development for those who tend to play the Hellenistic factions as Rome simply comes too early into their orbit. I've noticed, however, that my version of this script seems to alleviate this problem as it becomes more difficult for them to move across the Adriatic right after conquering Taras, which gives some time for Epirus to rebuild their strength in Epirus proper. This will (hopefully) lead to Rome focusing more on the expansion north and south as that should be an easier course for them.

• Macedon has now been included in the script as 'a major faction'. They will be significantly stronger and should come to dominate their immediate surroundings, i.e. Macedonia, Greece, Thrace and the Balkans.
    • Other 'major factions' (the Ptolemies, Seleucids, Carthage, Epirus, Parthia) will also fare better against their 'minor' neighbours. It is, however, the Seleucids who get the upper hand against other Successor kingdoms and it is likely that at the end of the day it will be the Seleucids who will dominate the eastern part of the map the same way that Rome dominates the western part of it. The only faction that will fight on equal terms against the Seleucid kingdom in the east are the Parthians.
    • In the original version of the script 'minor factions' that are allied with the player get the exemption from adverse autoresolve outcomes against 'major factions'. This condition has been removed from the script so as to ensure that the player-centred alliances do not get the upper hand over their enemies.

With these changes my intention is to recreate, unless hindered by the player's actions, the historical developments of the 3rd century BC that first led to the establishment of the multipolar interstate system in the Mediterranean based on five major actors (Rome, Carthage, Macedon, Seleucids and Ptolemies), which then gradually evolved into the bipolar balance of power between Rome and Seleucids and the former's eventual victory, with the Parthians coming perhaps into the picture at the later stage, as well. That said, one must also bear in mind that this is only the probability and each campaign will always differ from another.
    In short, Rome still gets the substantial bonus to their autoresolve, but lower than before and they will actually take some casualties now.

The Ptolemies have slightly bigger bonus than before, but still not as high as Rome, while Macedon gets pretty much the same.

hi, playing with this mod and AAA Rome and Greeks. Gladiators. Fast boivka. There will be no conflicts? Light or full? As with balance, you improved the Greeks, and he plays Carthage, etc. The economy did not touch? Is it necessary to assimilate a mod? Our mod is already slowing it down.

And most importantly, the variability. Minors have a chance to kill Egypt and Macedonia. Cyrenaica, Odrissa. Nabatean, the Arabs, they can win major or how against Rome lose?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 15, 2019 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

From what I can tell there is some minor incompatibility between AoH Full Version and DeI Hardcore across the building effects. So you may either use the Full Version and just make sure you load it before the Hardcore mod, or use the Lite version.

Rome will win unless hindered by the player, but they will take more casulaties in the process and will thus take more time with their conquests.

Minor factions can still beat factions such as Ptolemies and Macedon, especially if they team up, but the opposite is more likely to be the case.

Just a few more questions.
    1 The complexity of the legend we have, no conflicts from the content?

2 Will there be any rebellion of satrapies? You wrote them the cost of the army 2500, but the legend says that the AI has 0, what should we do?
    3 My enemy Carthage, on pages 6-7 discussed edicts for him, the balance in place? Because the Greeks have new edicts, and the barbarians, etc., have old ones, the balance?

the latest version on page 1?
    4 we can play without fashion alternative economy, you strongly recommend it, for me it simplifies the game. I would like to play without it.
    5 Cultural Tensio, which gives. A severe slowdown in assimilation, that's all? We have a hard mod deceleration in it. Does anything else change the mod? Building at ii, behavior, why else need Cultural Tensio .

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
    Last edited by GyJIeBeP; May 15, 2019 at 12:40 PM.

What launcher should I be using to get this to work?

Unfortunately it's not working for me.