Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

Hello? i am use 1.2.7 beta. Play 1 vs 1 online. Me need lite or full version? I want have:
    • Rome will now struggle more against other 'major factions' such as, for example, Carthage and Epirus. They ought to come out on top in the end, yet this will cost them more time and resources in the process.
    • Macedon has now been included in the script as 'a major faction'. They will be significantly stronger and should come to dominate their immediate surroundings, i.e. Macedonia, Greece, Thrace and the Balkans.
    • Other 'major factions' (the Ptolemies, Seleucids, Carthage, Epirus, Parthia) will also fare better against their 'minor' neighbours. It is, however, the Seleucids who get the upper hand against other Successor kingdoms and it is likely that at the end of the day it will be the Seleucids who will dominate the eastern part of the map the same way that Rome dominates the western part of it. The only faction that will fight on equal terms against the Seleucid kingdom in the east are the Parthians.
    • In the original version of the script 'minor factions' that are allied with the player get the exemption from adverse autoresolve outcomes against 'major factions'. This condition has been removed from the script so as to ensure that the player-centred alliances do not get the upper hand over their enemies.

Rome gets limited recruitment for the first 20 turns
    Seleukids, Makedon, Epirus and Parthia get extended recruitment for the first 30 turns
    All Seleukid satrapies get limited recruitment for the first 50 turns
    Lite version have this all*?

Rome gets limited recruitment for the first 20 turns
    Seleukids, Makedon, Epirus and Parthia get extended recruitment for the first 30 turns
    All Seleukid satrapies get limited recruitment for the first 50 turns

is it still safe for use in 127?

Centenarius

I too would like to know. This is a must have mod for my campaigns.

No, not updated for belgic culture, and amber reasource. U can use it if if u don't care about those two. Although it would be updated soon

what is Belgic culture and does that also mean Cultural Tension won't work?

I think nervii got it, like i think it it's something like ur temple also promote Germanic culture as well it think? I am not sure about culture tenso.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Hey guys,

Age of Hellenism has been updated to version 1.3.2 - both steam and TWC download links are now up-to-date.

- compatibility patch with Divide et Impera version 1.2.7
    - slightly upped Rome's autoresolve bonus against other major factions while defending
    - slightly upped Seleucid's autoresolve bonus against other major factions apart from Rome while defending
    - slightly increased the number of allowed fleets on higher imperium levels

Is it save game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Gioseppe View Post
    Is it save game compatible?
    To an extent. You can use it on an existing campaign, but you won't really have all the mod's features like the changed Seleukid rebellion set-up, CAI-personalities that are assigned via script after the first turn, etc.

So, in other words, it's recommended to start a new campaign.

Thank you for the explanation. I guess it will have to wait for my next campaign then.

Overall, I have had a great experience with this mod in my Selecuid campaign, however, there are a few issues that I would recommend fixing:

Objectives:

The side objectives are great, but the primary ones are far too easy to fulfill. Selecuids already start close to owning the needed settlements to complete the "own X number of settlements" missions and can field 60 units pretty early on. Without even trying I completed the first three before turn 40 and it was incredibly difficult to complete the side missions before the primary ones. I would recommend making the primary objectives much harder, probably raise the settlement and unit objectives by 50-75%.

​Historical Accurate Borders:

While the Hellenic Age does a good job improving historical accuracy, it needs some work. Firstly, the border between the Mauryans and the Selecuid satrapies are quite off, the Mauyrans ruled much more of the Rome 2 map, including regions like Arachosia and Aria. Meanwhile, Bactria should be a Selecuid satrapy and the Selecuid satrapy revolt should be replaced by them revolting (it would fit the time much better too). Lastly, the Selecuids and Lydians should start at war with the Galatians, as the three were at war at the time.

This mod is amazing, essential for DEI. I'm wondering if its compatible with AAA: Generals Greeks?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

yes, any dei submod is compatible with aaa

Can you make an alternativer version of your mod in which rome just is just slightly weaker than DeI?

I love your mod, but I wan't to see Rome as a potential enemy at the end of my campaign. In AoH, rome is never a threat. Always got stream rolled by some greek faction.

I love the idea of buffing greek states but then Carthage rules the world.

Hey guys,

Age of Hellenism has been updated to Divide et Impera 1.2.8. Both standalone version and the steam one have been updated for both Age of Hellenism and Age of Hellenism Lite.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Thanx, i was mising this mod so much

Some of the edicts are not visible.

The mod has been updated, both the standalone version and the steam link.

The missing edict effects for non-Hellenic factions have been added back.

Previously, the outdated localization entries had also been fixed. Thanks to Sergeant Meme Swaraj for his help with this.

Does it work with the new alternative campaign startpos submod?