Thread: If I have a temple giving +1 to weapons and a blacksmith giving +1 to weapons do those stack?

20886432's Avatar Laetus

Default If I have a temple giving +1 to weapons and a blacksmith giving +1 to weapons do those stack?

Just started playing this game again.

Default Re: If I have a temple giving +1 to weapons and a blacksmith giving +1 to weapons do those stack?

I was wondering about this too, and I've just tested it to see if it would stack and it turns out that armour and weapon upgrades don't stack. So I guess some factions like the Barbarians are never going to get gold weapons and armour upgrades in the campaing map. I could be wrong though! But atleast Gaul and Spain are able to get gold weapon upgrades for archers and slingers.

Paggers's Avatar Me.

Default Re: If I have a temple giving +1 to weapons and a blacksmith giving +1 to weapons do those stack?

Not totally correct. If your faction conquers a settlement with a temple and / or forge which give the higher bonuses then you can get gold weapons and armour.
    Under the patronage of Noble Savage Citizen of the Broad Acres.
    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    What PC culture exists in West Yorkshire, for pity's sake? Its the least PC place in the UK, if not the planet.

20886432's Avatar Laetus

Icon5 Re: If I have a temple giving +1 to weapons and a blacksmith giving +1 to weapons do those stack?

Quote Originally Posted by Paggers View Post
    Not totally correct. If your faction conquers a settlement with a temple and/or forge which give the higher bonuses then you can get gold weapons and armor.
    so you're saying a Roman that had a max upgrade temple would not give any more of an advantage than any other temple that granted bonuses?

Not totally correct. If your faction conquers a settlement with a temple and / or forge which give the higher bonuses then you can get gold weapons and armour.
    Never tried that, I usually destroy all buildings by a different faction to get rid of the culture penalty.

Paggers's Avatar Me.

Humpty Dumpty (Through The Looking Glass - Look it up).
    Quote Originally Posted by 20886432 View Post
    so you're saying a Roman that had a max upgrade temple would not give any more of an advantage than any other temple that granted bonuses?
    No I'm not saying that. The bonuses don't stack. If you have a unit at +1 weapons and it trains in a city where the temple gives +2 weapons then the unit will be trained to +2 weapons only.
    Under the patronage of Noble Savage Citizen of the Broad Acres.
    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    What PC culture exists in West Yorkshire, for pity's sake? Its the least PC place in the UK, if not the planet.