Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: With Fire and Sword 2 (Ogniem i Mieczem II) version 1.3 RELEASE + English partially machine translation

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

Icon3 With Fire and Sword 2 (Ogniem i Mieczem II) version 1.3 RELEASE + English partially machine translation

Hello everyone!
    We decided to make the partially machine english translation of last version of the "With Fire and Sword II" mod to make it playable for non-russian speaking players.
    Why now? There was the situation inside developers team, that looked like this would be the last version of WFaSII mod. Now situation looks more optimistically, but who knows?..

This translation is based on early translations made by Messrs. saboteur, Hanti, andrei1, lekseus and others, who stayed in the background.

What's new in mod: I think, it is not real to remember everything what was changed since last (0.9.2) version, that was released on TWC, so I'd like to write briefly: plenty of changes.
    New global map, new factions with new units, new strat models, new scripts, new ancillaries and traits, new ui and so on and so forth.

Approximate global map of mod:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

List of playable factions:

Tsardom of Russia
    Kingdom of Sweden
    Kingdom of Denmark
    Kingdom of England
    Kingdom of France
    Kingdom of Portugal
    Kingdom of Scotland
    Kingdom of Spain
    Kingdom of Poland
    Kingdom of Imereti
    Grand Duchy of Lithuania
    Arkduchy of Austria
    Duchy of Brandenburg and Prussia
    Duchy of Courland and Semigalia
    Duchy of Savoy
    Duchy of Bavaria
    Duchy of Saxony
    Swiss Confederation
    Protestant Union
    Papal States
    Republic of the Seven Provinces
    Republic of Venice
    Zaporozhian Sich
    Don Cossack Army
    Principality of Transylvania
    Principality of Wallachia
    Principality of Moldavia
    Ottoman Empire
    Crimean Khanate
    Safavid Empire

List of available campaigns:

Imperial Campaign - global European map, starts in 1618.
    Long Global Campaign - same global European map, starts in 1618, but with 4 turns per 1 year.
    Old Campaign - first WFaS campaign, Central and Eastern Europe map, starts in 1618.
    Roi de Solei - campaign of epoch of the Sun King, Western Europe map, starts in 1667.
    1550 Campaign - global European map, starts in 1550, beta-testing mode.
    1550 Campaign Eastern Europe - Central and Eastern Europe map, starts in 1550, beta-testing mode.

Several screenshots of old versions 1.1 and 1.2:

The main novelty of 1.3 version is that the Danube, the Dnipro, the Don, the Volga and part of the Nile became navigable for some vessels with low draft. This novelty works in experimental mode.

The "With Fire and Sword 2" team, that worked on 1.3 version:

Other information about developers, foreign content and permissions could be found in credits.
    Forum of "With Fire and Sword 2" mod developers:
    http://totalwars.ru/board/index.php/...m-i-mieczem-2/

At the end I have to warn: this is my first try of making translation, my English is very ill, so dont judge me too hard. I have no PC without russian language so couldn't test the translation in clear way. I'm full of determination to correct the mistakes if it would appear.

Download "Ogniem i Mieczem II" ("With Fire and Sword II") mod version 1.3:
    https://mega.nz/#!IiIhgKDA!neibLpUsC...BpToMoVu-YUfZg
    https://yadi.sk/d/0oJ8m2v7U0muxQ
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R6U...PRaNRFYi8/view

English partially machine translation for "OiM2"("WFaS2") ver. 1.3:
    https://mega.nz/#!kjRSUIxC!fCmr3FYlG...5RFlWTFPEpfliQ
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c2Q...gPVlpf9D7/view
    https://yadi.sk/d/5qU9y7gFGAbsiA

INSTALLATION FOR NON-STEAM VERSION:

• Download and extract mod archive "OiM2ver1_3.7z" from link above
    • Move extracted "OiM2" folder to your "...Medieval 2 - Total War Kingdoms\mods" folder
    • Download and extract translation archive "OiM2en1_3.7z" from link above
    • Copy extracted "data" folder to your "...Medieval 2 - Total War Kingdoms\mods\OiM2" folder and re-write old files
    • Launch mod from OiM2.bat

INSTALLATION FOR STEAM VERSION (NOT TESTED! MY STEAM VERSION CRASHES - DON'T KNOW WHY ):

• Download and extract mod archive "OiM2ver1_3.7z" from link above
    • Move extracted "OiM2" folder to your "...SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods" folder
    • Download and extract translation archive "OiM2en1_3.7z" from link above
    • Copy extracted "data" folder to your "...SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\OiM2" folder and re-write old files
    • Duplicate your "...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\medieval2.exe" in the same directory and rename new copy to "kingdoms.exe"
    • Launch mod from OiM2.bat

Patch-fix 1.32.

What's new:

1. Battle interfaces for all cultures.
    2. Return of old strategic interfaces for five cultures that were lost by mistake in earlier versions.
    3. New strat AI PiterAI by mr. Piterx93.
    4. New battle formation for AI that is actual to the mod epoch.
    5. New battle formations for human-player that are actual to the mod epoch, and could be chosen at the beginning of the battle.
    6. New stratmap textures MapMod: Trees, Textures, Sea v1.7 by mr. Charge.
    7. New water textures BETTER WATER 2 by mr. DAVIDE.
    8. New settings of assassins by mr. Sonar.
    9. Changes for Long Global Campaign - the construction time of buildings was doubled and farm effect was cut for more balanced playgame.
    10. Commander's traits become rarer for player.

Fixes:

• farms for Cossack culture.
    • animation for Walachian cavalry
    • animation for rokis-spa
    • textures for mercenary generals of Russia and Poland
    • flying citadel in Hamadan
    • mosque type in Mosul
    • accent for Scotland
    • accents for some units
    • position for fish resource near Cologne (global map)
    • attribute icons and its reposition
    • the concept of navigable rivers has been changed to eliminate the slowing effect of small ships
    • navigable rivers are now available for river trade (if the engine makes the route between the settlements with water
    • north arquebusers in Savoy garrison
    • cardinals traits and imams in 1550 campaigns
    • few imbalanced traits (like "eastern warlord" or "jaguar warrior"
    • "era" parameter was deleted from EDU
    • new bridge on the river Garonne (global map)
    • rebel icons for Walachian units
    • many other missed icons and info-pics

Download:

Yandex Disc
    Google Drive
    Mega.NZ

Installation:

Move the content ("data" folder and cleaner.bat file) from archive to the root folder of the mod (...\mods\OiM2) with a replacement. Needs to start a new campaign! Beware: old campaigns (saves) would become corrupted with new files!
    The patch fix is cumulative and includes the fix 1.31, so it can be installed on a clean version 1.3 (old fix 1.31 is needless).
    It's NECESSARY to delete the old map.rwm files in all campaigns. It can be done manually, or you can use the batch file cleaner.bat that was added to the archive, and which would be available in the root folder of the mod after correct install of the patch-fix. Have a nice game!
    Errors and bugs can be reported in this topic, but it is preferable to confirm them by log-files and saves.

Units preview video by Fahnat:
    Last edited by h.fast; October 04, 2019 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Last patch-fix

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Ogniem i Mieczem II) version 1.3 RELEASE + English partially machine translation

Hi, guys! I'm very sorry, but I have exited the WFaS team for good.
    This means, that I will not support this thread further.
    Hope you will find the decisions of your troubles by yourself.
    Do not hold a grudge. That's life.
    Last edited by h.fast; November 06, 2019 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Farewell post

Default Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Ogniem i Mieczem II) version 1.3 RELEASE + English partially machine translation

Congratulations on the release, looks very promising, I will try it.
    Rus 2 Total War 2.01 - Unofficial English translation released
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-released
    Buff and Shine submod for Broken Crescent
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more
    My submod for Baltic Campaign - Battle for the Baltic
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...altic-Campaign

Very nice, but will you guys try to fix it for steam because I really have been dying to play this amazing mod

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

Lee Wagh, what's wrong? You can't launch the mod in steam version? Have you tried?

I have tried it, without the translation it crashes 2 out of 3 times, with the translation it crashes everytime :/

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

Lee Wagh, when it crashes? Can you write substantively? After intro video? When you start campaign? When???
    May be you can show me system.log.txt from "...SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\OiM2\logs"?

after the intro video yup

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

Lee Wagh, , I see the reason. I forgot to add one file into translation. Try this:
    place this file to the mod data folder (...SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\OiM2\data) and replace the old one:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cs...bJqJPCSZUFybyM
    ATTENTION! Everybody, who want to launch the mod, must to download file above and replace old one!
    I apologize for my stupidity. When (if) a few people would launch the mod with translation successfully I'll ask moderators to replace links in header with correct ones.

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

Thanks programmers of online file storages all links of translation were updated by new version of archive.

All links are actual, there is no need to download file in my previous post additionally.

It works now, thanks for this amazing mod

Thanks for translation!

THX!If someone can translate the history events,it's perfect!

Great news! Thank you very much guys!
    Benfiquista Budista Comunista

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

Lee Wagh, Peyk, Jivaro, have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    THX!If someone can translate the history events,it's perfect!
    It's not necessary, as for me. Very big job and the wikipedia article of each year as a result Also, it's interesting for two or three campaings, and then you would close those event messages without reading. Believe my experience

Wow so many changes! I played it a while ago, but a very old version, and it was still awesome. Can't wait to try out this latest version with such a wider map!

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

Icon4 Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Ogniem i Mieczem II) version 1.3 RELEASE + English partially machine translation

Anubis88, have a good game!

Announcement! First fix for version 1.3 is coming soon!
    Some animations were accidentally changed in the process of last cleaning (on home-forum this process was described, but I haven't write about it on TWC - before release of 1.3 version mod was cleaned up from rudimentary units, for example battle_models.modeldb was cleaned from ~1300 entries to ~300 and was reduced from ~2000 Kb to ~500 Kb).

It shouldn't crush active campaigns, but it is not 100% information yet.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks for this! I´m downloading the mod right now

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Didn't know that there was a new version of this mod. Awesome!

The "Custom Campaign" of old Ogniem i Mieczem (the one with smaller map) is not working. If I press any faction from the upper line the game crashes. I can start the campaign as any faction from the lower line but it also crashes in loading screen.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast