Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: With Fire and Sword 2 (Ogniem i Mieczem II) version 1.3 RELEASE + English partially machine translation

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Ogniem i Mieczem II) version 1.3 RELEASE + English partially machine translation

SirWitan, I'll make some tests. Once I have heard about smth like you wrote. May be it depends on difficulty level? I'm always playing on "very hard|very hard' and never hought about broken naval battles.
    Thanks for your observation. I'll try to deal with it.

Default Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Ogniem i Mieczem II) version 1.3 RELEASE + English partially machine translation

Thank you for your response! I use the hotseat-modus with normal/normal, everything played by human players (only rebels staying AI)

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

SirWitan, I think I found the mistake. Try this file, please. Now the naval battles settings are equal to vanilla and Stainless Steel (for example).
    In my tests I've lost with Danish fleet against Swedish and with Cossack fleet against Turkish too.

Fix is re-uploaded.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by h.fast; August 12, 2019 at 07:08 PM.

Thank you very much for the quickfix! It worked!

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

Icon4 Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Ogniem i Mieczem II) version 1.3 RELEASE + English partially machine translation

By the way:
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayDavisUK View Post
    FYI if you are getting a lot of crashes try using the 4GB EXE Patcher (Google it)
    Indeed!
    Forum policy prohibits the discussion regarding altering the executable files, so - NO DISCUSSION here - but let the Google bless you

Global 1550 Camp, won't start. It just returns me to the main menu.

Global 1618, Wallachia, 6th Turn

I had a crash three times in a row(I reloaded the game), and then it somehow worked in the 4th turn.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; October 03, 2019 at 05:08 PM.

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Global 1550 Camp, won't start. It just returns me to the main menu.

Global 1618, Wallachia, 6th Turn

I had a crash three times in a row(I reloaded the game), and then it somehow worked in the 4th turn.
    1550 Campaigns are bugged. The author had disappeared. Don't play those campaigns.

Global 1618 Campaign - what happened in game before crash? What did you do before it? It happened on your turn or PC's one?
    Without those information and without systemlog and save (before crash!) I can't say nothing.

Thank you for your work h.fast (and creators too, SHREDDER & Co...), it as first thing... thanks:

- Ive found a little problem there, when you (you, me, anybody) want play with "Large" option for units... CFG file always make it back to "Normal"... I dont like much 90 infantry and 60 cavalry, and it repeat to all units... looks like as a "standard work" (or something, english isnt my language, then I cant found the correct word, sometimes).

- It could fix more or less easily, editing CFG (althought amount soldiers per unit, isnt there, you must add it manually), saving changes and, important, marking the file like as "Read Only", in his propertys.

... The problem is when youre playing, CTD occurs again... Im wondering if the CTDs could happens by this personal fix on CFG file... or just by system performance.

I have an AMD A8 5600K, from 2012, 8 GB of RAM, and an HD6670 DDR5... I could accept its not a proper machine for play... however, I can play Medieval II, and other mods, with more poor machines than my current...

Thank you in advance for any response.

Laetus

Is this mod still being worked on? I'm curious because this is a very cool mod!

Laetus

wrong place to post! Sorry

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeopterix View Post
    Thank you for your work h.fast (and creators too, SHREDDER & Co...), it as first thing... thanks:
    Hi, Archaeopterix!

- Ive found a little problem there, when you (you, me, anybody) want play with "Large" option for units... CFG file always make it back to "Normal"... I dont like much 90 infantry and 60 cavalry, and it repeat to all units... looks like as a "standard work" (or something, english isnt my language, then I cant found the correct word, sometimes).

- It could fix more or less easily, editing CFG (althought amount soldiers per unit, isnt there, you must add it manually), saving changes and, important, marking the file like as "Read Only", in his propertys.
    Strange problem. Probably you launched another mods between the OiM2 games and so the MTW2 engine use the preferences of last one .cfg file.

... The problem is when youre playing, CTD occurs again... Im wondering if the CTDs could happens by this personal fix on CFG file... or just by system performance.

I have an AMD A8 5600K, from 2012, 8 GB of RAM, and an HD6670 DDR5... I could accept its not a proper machine for play... however, I can play Medieval II, and other mods, with more poor machines than my current...

Thank you in advance for any response.
    The OiM2 is very stable mod on development language and licensed CD copy of Medieval 2 Total War: Kingdoms 1.05 version (or 1.5, it's the same).
    Many users of russian localization usually use the cracked version of MTW2, but only because the CD copies are not able to buy now. And most of them have licensed version on Steam, so it's not the piracy motives.
    So, the 99% of CTD's appears because of four biggest problems:

1. I made this translation by notepad++ and google-translator tools. It is very possible that I've lost some brackets and it provides CTD's in some ingame actions: new event, wathing the description of units or buildings, etc. That's why I'm asking for system.log file and the save-file before CTD moment to reproduce the situation on my PC and catch the bug. But most of users ignore my request and I can't help 'em.
    2. MTW2:K is more than 10 years old game. OiM2 models are bigger and heavier than original one's. The engine of MTW2 don't use more than 2 Gb of RAM, so if you have 32Gb RAM or 2 Gb RAM - it's doesn't matter. That's why most of russian-speakers forums members are using programs like "4Gb patch" that makes MTW2 able to use 4Gb of RAM. But forum policy prohibits the discussion regarding altering the executable files, so you have to find the information about 4GB EXE Patcher in Google.
    3. Steam version is version 1.52, that is not absolutely similar to 1.5. And nobody knows what CA exactly changed and how it affects on stability. So we recomend to use the CD copy of MTW2:K ver. 1.5 for comfort playing. If you haven't this CD's you can find some repack on torrents or else - I think it's not so bad if you have the licensed version of this game on Steam for example. Hope I'm not wrong.
    4. One CTD's reason is present even in original russian version of mod. This CTD can appear after ~100-200 turns when player is watching many descriptions of buildings and units in a row. We don't know how to fix this problem. But if the player do not overdo this kind of action and make regular saves - it is not the big problem at all.

Thank You h.fast

- For CFG, Ive meet a little solution, by edit setings at first, before to re-start the campaign (I had a back-up of the file, and return to this, btw)... the mod still hold the unti size I wish, in this way... anyway, I will review that.

- I use a 4GB patch for a racing game (GTR2), and it ask me, as far I remember, which game I want to patch... I guess is the same for any program... so, I will try

- For now I had start a new campaign, all clear, by... 20 turns aprox (playing with Saschen), game crashes exactly when, after a turn end and loading the next, a rival merchant (they dont mind if youre a enemy state, they have their own "war") attack to one of my own merchant... when my merchant start his anims... game crashes... If I reload the campaign at the same point, it happens again in the same point... Let me try if this occurs with others campaigns... maybe merchants had something (I remark maybe).

see you.
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; October 11, 2019 at 05:55 PM.

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

- For now I had start a new campaign, all clear, by... 20 turns aprox (playing with Saschen), game crashes exactly when, after a turn end and loading the next, a rival merchant (they dont mind if youre a enemy state, they have their own "war") attack to one of my own merchant... when my merchant start his anims... game crashes... If I reload the campaign at the same point, it happens again in the same point... Let me try if this occurs with others campaigns... maybe merchants had something (I remark maybe).
    Are you playing on Steam version?
    May I ask you to send me the save (before crash) and system.log files? You can use any file sharing service. Better in archivated mode.

In turn three when I get click the button to proceed to turn 3 when it comes to Kingdom of Imereti it crashes (Medieval 2 Total War has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.)

I'm playing on Steam and getting crashes on startup, after the two movies which play.

I installed v1.3, then the patch, then ran the cleaner, then the english translation. I've attached the system log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello, my problem eventually fixed itself. Now I ask you, ladies and gentlemen, had anyone here played Don Cossack Army and any strategies for it? I was able to quickly capture Azov and make peace with the Turks, but Crimeans pushed me back. When I restarted I failed to capture Azov, but took Crimean castle south of it and laid siege on Caffa. Is this viable? It looks like horrible finances make it impossible as my units can not replenish

I would make peace your surrounding enemies and replenish your troops. Then make your next move against russia before they advanced on you.

Thanks! Now, in first campaign I made good peace with Turks. When Crimeans occupied Azov they offered me peace, but I was stupid and refused. In second campaign nobody wanted peace, although I offered trade rights, map information and returning conquered cities. Does your military succes influence enemy's willingness to peace out? I guess I should try (as in first campaign) to capture Azov turn 3, peace out Turks and offer Crimeans Azov for peace (or keep Azov if possible), then proceed.

Have you had any ctds lately?

h.fast's Avatar Libertus

Icon4 Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Ogniem i Mieczem II) version 1.3 RELEASE + English partially machine translation

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I'm playing on Steam and getting crashes on startup, after the two movies which play.

I installed v1.3, then the patch, then ran the cleaner, then the english translation. I've attached the system log.
    Interesting log... Smth strange with mangonel? There are no mangonels in mod as I know. Very strange.
    May be I could say smth after looking on your save-file.

Hi, guys! I'm very sorry, but I have exited the WFaS team for good.
    This means, that I will not support this thread further.
    Hope you will find the decisions of your troubles by yourself.
    Do not hold a grudge. That's life.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast