Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: With Fire and Sword 2 (Ogniem i Mieczem II) version 1.3 RELEASE + English partially machine translation

Default Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Ogniem i Mieczem II) version 1.3 RELEASE + English partially machine translation

The mod doesn't start at all for me. I get the medieval 2 loading screen and then a window with an exclamation mark pops up, with no text.

Edit: Fixed this by renaming the mod folder from "OiM3ver1_3" to just "OiM2"
    Last edited by Battlus Lostus; November 24, 2019 at 09:04 PM.

JarlFrank's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Ogniem i Mieczem II) version 1.3 RELEASE + English partially machine translation

I too am using the Steam version, extracted the mod to the folder "mods\OiM2", applied the English patch... and after the movies play, the game crashes with the message "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

Veit ek, at ek hekk

vindgameiði á
    nætr allar níu,
    geiri undaðr
    ok gefinn Óðni,
    sjalfur sjalfum mér,
    á þeim meiði
    er manngi veit
    hvers af rótum renn.

JarlFrank's Avatar Libertus

I think it's somehow related to the English translation. I tried a fresh install of 1.3 and it worked. I patched it up to 1.32 and it worked. I put the English texts folder into the mod... and it crashes on startup.

EDIT: Oh well, doesn't matter too much - the important stuff is in English as long as I install the patch. I'll just leave the text folder alone then and leave the descriptions in Russian.

EDIT2: Managed to track it down! I replaced every file in the texts folder with the English translation one by one, and the one that caused the error was quotes.txt
    Last edited by JarlFrank; January 01, 2020 at 01:54 PM.

Veit ek, at ek hekk

vindgameiði á
    nætr allar níu,
    geiri undaðr
    ok gefinn Óðni,
    sjalfur sjalfum mér,
    á þeim meiði
    er manngi veit
    hvers af rótum renn.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Re - INSTALLATION FOR STEAM VERSION (NOT TESTED! MY STEAM VERSION CRASHES - DON'T KNOW WHY ):

I've applied the 4GB patch to both Steam and the OIM batch file and also have set preferences to skip AI movement .This seems to have eliminated the crashes i got on a particular end turn. Have got as far as Turn 41 playing as England on the 2TPY Grand Campaign so hopefully will be able to finish my campaign. This mod is what i hoped the follow up to MTW2 would be, Pike and Musket Total War!
    Stay safe everyone, :-)

Update 27-04-20 :- at Turn 91 now,crashes continue to occur during end turn only,just have to re -load and second time its OK.
    The Skip AI thing may have been a red herring,changed it back.

Final Update 28-04-20 :- Finished campaign,crashes got more numerous on end turn as game got nearer the end.
    Last edited by johnswan; April 28, 2020 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Final update .

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1llXdrj9rgmFZfDXbQCWYraRgw1xFWQyP
    Repaired artillery. Install to data folder.for example:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\OiM2\data

A great modification! I'm impressed!

Still unable to install 1.3 + 1.32 patch + English translation without crash after the video intro. Anyone succesful? (I use Steam version).

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Still unable to install 1.3 + 1.32 patch + English translation without crash after the video intro. Anyone succesful? (I use Steam version).
    Yes - see my post above.

Your post does not explain how to avoid the crash before main menu. Actually I find the answer a few pages before, there is problem with the english translation, quotes.text and quotes.txt.strings.bin must not be extracted and copied as they cause the game to crash.

I recommend:
    - Install M2TW outside "Program Files"
    - Install OiM2 v1.3
    - Install English trad WITHOUT quotes.txt and quotes.txt.strings.bin
    - Install Patch 1.3.2
    - Use 4GB patch

That way the game runs much more better, and fewer crashes.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Your post does not explain how to avoid the crash before main menu. Actually I find the answer a few pages before, there is problem with the english translation, quotes.text and quotes.txt.strings.bin must not be extracted and copied as they cause the game to crash.

I recommend:
    - Install M2TW outside "Program Files"
    - Install OiM2 v1.3
    - Install English trad WITHOUT quotes.txt and quotes.txt.strings.bin
    - Install Patch 1.3.2
    - Use 4GB patch

That way the game runs much more better, and fewer crashes.

I didn't have that problem , just the crashes on end turn which I still get every now and then. I think I installed it in the order you recommend.

Amazing mod, great map, beautiful 2d art and 3d models but sadly it was left so close yet so far from being finished.

What would complete it:

- translation of historical events (I just found out why the pages ingame are blank - I just lack the cyrillic fonts)
    - translation in general
    - setting correct accents and adding unit voices
    - better ui for custom battles (something like this)
    - better battle AI
    - fixing units' charge distance in EDU
    - rebalancing units stats / costs
    - fixing CTDs
    - more music
    - and battlemap settlements like in 1648 mod

But one can dream. Oh what it could have been!
    Last edited by Just let me post; April 27, 2021 at 02:42 PM. Reason: edit 1 year later

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

@Just let me post
    Can you not take on the task of completing your list?

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    @Just let me post
    Can you not take on the task of completing your list?
    If you are genuinely asking, then here is a little rundown:

Quote Originally Posted by Just let me post View Post
    - setting correct accents and adding unit voices
    - better ui for custom battles (something like this)
    - better battle AI
    - fixing units' charge distance in EDU
    - more music
    This is easy so it would be possible for me to do;
    - rebalancing units stats / costs
    This is easy but VERY time consuming, but doable;
    - translation of historical events (I just found out why the pages ingame are blank - I just lack the cyrillic fonts)
    - translation in general
    This is undoable for me. Even when writing/fixing text from scratch, that's a LOT of writing;
    and battlemap settlements like in 1648 mod
    This obviously would need permission, but also I don't know how to implement this;
    - fixing CTDs
    And if this isn't done, then all the above would be for nothing. This is definitely a job for several people, and I've recently finished a mod and I know from experience that fixing someone else's work is a hell of a job.

I see your point when you put it that way. Unfortunate, I must say I don't have many ctds though thankfully, so still very enjoyable

Yeah, the scope of work is quite intimidating, if there would be some more people willing to fix things here and there (especially writing/translating and bug hunting) I might begin some submod, but definitely not with the intention of finishing it by myself.

Maybe these posts will be a beginning for some action in the future, who knows.

Meanwhile, this mod is really cool indeed.

This mod is definitely very cool, especially if you read the books too

This mod's models are greatest. Unit models are very good. Traits too good. This mod must be updated.

Hi Guys. Someone has published a fix patch on MODDB. Could be very helpful.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/with-fire...ign-and-battle

This is great, thank you for posting the link

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    This is great, thank you for posting the link

have you test it?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast