Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wambat's Harad Campaign LP

Default Wambat's Harad Campaign LP

The first episode of my latest Let's Play is out. Link to the playlist.

This is actually a continuation of Tulkasthevaliant's Harad campaign, which you can find here.

Naturally, you are all invited to participate in the ongoing raffles to promote the series, and this mod.

Thank you for your continued interest and support.

Default Re: Wambat's Harad Campaign LP

Your endurance really is something else. As is your experience with this game. Now that the mod's weakest faction wasn't enough of a challenge, you need to nerf your factions before you can play as them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sloth View Post
    Your endurance really is something else. As is your experience with this game. Now that the mod's weakest faction wasn't enough of a challenge, you need to nerf your factions before you can play as them.
    Very encouraged to see evidence of interested. Cheers!

I wouldn't say Rhovanion was not challenge enough. 68 episodes to reach victory conditions is plenty challenge for me.

I think I got to victory conditions in something like 16 turns when I last played Harad after the 3.2 release. I expect it will take longer this time, of course.

It wasn't so much the need of a challenge as my desire to see a campaign finished that lead to my asking Tulkasthevalient permission to use his campaign. He had been very good about playing his campaigns out to the, sometimes bitter, end.

I think it was his RK or Adunabar campaign he resigned from previously, but he really did play that campaign out. He let me have a look at the final save on that campaign, and there really was no way to recover. This time I could see that all was not lost, even without access to a saved game.

I am very grateful to him for being such a sport and letting my have a go at completing his campaign. I hope he will have the time and interest to try another FATW campaign someday.

This looks like a great idea. Thanks to you & Tulkas!

It would be cool to do a series of LPs that consists of each player taking control during the reign of a single faction leader. When the FL dies, you send the save to another player and let them play it out.

It's fun seeing players assess and try to deal with the previous player's reign.
    Last edited by CountMRVHS; January 05, 2019 at 10:22 AM.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Oooh, I’d be up for that.

I'd love to do it - just need to figure how to record stuff!

I use OBS to record (free) and Sony Vegas 14 to render (not free and outdated, but there are definitely viable free options).

I would check out Saul Tyre's rig as a good set-up for grinding out videos. My rigs are only just in the operational envelope.

I would never ave thought so 3 years ago, but I have since been convinced that the more gameplay video out there for public consumption, the more public interest in actually playing the game. I look forward to seeing all of your campaigns!

Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 04, 2019 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Unsolicited advertisement removed

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    I'd love to do it - just need to figure how to record stuff!
    msg me if you're unsure Count, happy to help if I can..@Wambat interesting situ with Tulkas campaign, am watching closely to see the outcome, enjoyed following your previous btw .....wish I had the same understanding of the mod as you do but I suffer short term memory loss(it's an age thing) and never seem to remember anything when I need it
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Hey Saul, good to see you! I'll get in touch when I'm ready to make a move (it'll definitely be after 3.4 is out).

Wambat, can you give us a short summary of how things got that bleak for Harad? Why is Harondor owned by independent people? Why did Tulkas think it might me a good idea to invade Gondor without first pacifying his backyard?

Also, how are your generals feeling about the state of things? They seem to be surprisingly competent for the most part, but their Opinion of Liege traits must be abysmal, since Harad mostly cares about money and territory, with neither looking good.

Since you like agents so much, will you try to use Harad's agent specialization buildings, like the brotherhood of assassins?

Finally, it will be interesting to see you face Khand. I kinda was secretely hoping you would play them (didn't that poll from a while ago say something about Rhun, by the way?). A horse faction with a need for carefull diplomatic juggling - sounds like your wet dream.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sloth View Post
    Wambat, can you give us a short summary of how things got that bleak for Harad? Why is Harondor owned by independent people? Why did Tulkas think it might me a good idea to invade Gondor without first pacifying his backyard?

Also, how are your generals feeling about the state of things? They seem to be surprisingly competent for the most part, but their Opinion of Liege traits must be abysmal, since Harad mostly cares about money and territory, with neither looking good.

Since you like agents so much, will you try to use Harad's agent specialization buildings, like the brotherhood of assassins?

Finally, it will be interesting to see you face Khand. I kinda was secretely hoping you would play them (didn't that poll from a while ago say something about Rhun, by the way?). A horse faction with a need for carefull diplomatic juggling - sounds like your wet dream.
    I would encourage you to watch Tulkasthevalient's Harad campaign for insight into why things are the way they are at the beginning of this campaign. I do not have any better information than can be gleaned from that source, and I do find his work quite entertaining. In terms of the sequence of events: He sent armies to Harondor and Gondor simultaneously. In Gondor he tried to build up and hold territory, but RK sent too many reinforcements too quickly for him to handle; probably due to RK and Adunabar agreeing to a ceasefire far earlier than he expected. In Harondor he invaded with a slash and burn campaign, with no intention of holding territory; he mostly used up the armies involved in that campaign in the process. In the East he tried to play defensively.

I honestly have not taken the time to investigate the OoL of my generals so far; I have just been scrambling to save my armies and secure my borders. Once I have the stack from Gondor back in Harad proper I will probably assign them lordships, and I expect that will help things out. I am having to focus on income and high taxes at first, but will look into correcting that once things start going my way in the east.

Right now I can only recruit Emissaries and Scouts. Once I have the infrastructure for Rogues; may be a bit; I would happily make use of them, however, I am not likely to do much assassination, unless very special circumstances pop up.

I can assure you this will not be my last campaign. Had Tulkasthevalient continued his Harad campaign, I expect I would be playing a Rhun campaign right now. I will probably do so next, unless somebody else beats me to it. I did play a private Harad campaign back in 3.0 or 3.1; the answer to Khand back then was massive small artillery, and I expect I will give that a try this time around.

Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 04, 2019 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Unsolicited advertisement removed

Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 04, 2019 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Unsolicited advertisement removed

Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 04, 2019 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Unsolicited advertisement removed

Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 04, 2019 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Unsolicited advertisement removed

Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 04, 2019 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Unsolicited advertisement removed

Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 04, 2019 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Unsolicited advertisement removed

Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 04, 2019 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Unsolicited advertisement removed

Watch out for Adunabar! I imagine they will be causing trouble now that they share a land border with you.

I'm looking forward to seeing your diplomacy in action once you have some of those other factions on the back foot

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast