Thread: Modified Build Number and CTDs When Starting a Campaign

TuCoT's Avatar Biarchus

Default Modified Build Number and CTDs When Starting a Campaign

Greetings. Last month, I purchased TWRII Emperor Edition but I haven't been able to play any of the campaigns because the game crashes as the loading bar stops halfway whenever I start a new campaign. After some digging, I noticed that the modified.log file says that a file named "invasion.pack" is missing. I presume that this file belongs to Rise of the Republic DLC, which I do not own. It seems to me that the game thinks that I have the DLC and considers my game as incomplete as there is an asterisk near the build number.

Multiplayer campaigns do not work either. Whenever I want to join a game, it says "Failed to join the game: Incompatible versions".

I sent a ticket to SEGA but they have not been able to solve the issue and think that the problem is on my part. It is unlikely that my computer is the culprit as I have Warhammer I, II and Attila and none of them has an asterisk near build number and I haven't encountered CTDs when starting a new campaign.

The DLCs I own are Empire Divided and all of the culture packs minus Desert Kingdoms. Also, I don't have any mods installed.

I'm really at a loss right now.
    Last edited by TuCoT; December 29, 2018 at 09:44 AM.