Thread: adding new attachments problem

Default adding new attachments problem

hi, i am having this big problem out of nowere for some reason ANY attachment that i add no matter what dont show up in game , but i can see it in ms3d, i have never got this kind of problem before i dont know whats causing this or how to fix it, im using GOAT_GOAL_ver1_0a that i have work many times before , but now im completely stuck i need some help or info on this...

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: adding new attachments problem

Quote Originally Posted by Arioria of mithlond View Post
    ...im using GOAT_GOAL_ver1_0a that i have work many times before...
    At times this converter can be tricky even for experienced modellers.
    One of the issues you need to be aware of, is that parts that have been processed with different converters may cause problems.
    Also the proper way to ask for help includes posting images (from milkshape and IG) and uploading your model and the textures you are using, as your problem could be caused by any of a large number of factors.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    At times this converter can be tricky even for experienced modellers.
    One of the issues you need to be aware of, is that parts that have been processed with different converters may cause problems.
    Also the proper way to ask for help includes posting images (from milkshape and IG) and uploading your model and the textures you are using, as your problem could be caused by any of a large number of factors.

this is what the unit looks like in game, i already added all atchments in this pic but they are invicible in game like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

this is the same unit in ms3d all the attahment are visible here, this is an archer bodyguard unit with shield and spear as their secondary weapons:

this are the files both seperarely and merged togeder:http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...49633052039893 i have only use GOAT_GOAL_ver1_0a in this files so they should be compatible
    Last edited by Arioria of mithlond; October 26, 2019 at 06:14 PM.

I gave the model a look and found some group comment discrepancies which I fixed, they might have been the problem, or not.
    I also made some changes in the names of some groups for my own convenience (I needed to know what each group was without the need to look at the 3D viewport).

The thing, however, that hit me right away was the lod1 designation in the name of the model.
    If you are only going to use one lod, then it must be lod0.

Other than that, you need to make sure that your model is using the correct animations.
    That is a matter of scripting.

Here is my version with small fixes, let me know if it works.
    Marchwardens_Fix-1.7z

I gave the model a look and found some group comment discrepancies which I fixed, they might have been the problem, or not.
    I also made some changes in the names of some groups for my own convenience (I needed to know what each group was without the need to look at the 3D viewport).

The thing, however, that hit me right away was the lod1 designation in the name of the model.
    If you are only going to use one lod, then it must be lod0.

Other than that, you need to make sure that your model is using the correct animations.
    That is a matter of scripting.

Here is my version with small fixes, let me know if it works.
    Marchwardens_Fix-1.7z
    sorry sir, i try it and the attachments are still invicible in game
    https://imgur.com/9D69xOH
    what a wierd thing, do you think GOAT_GOAL_ver1_0a could be the problem somehow? also i cant apply any texture with the files you edited it gives me some wierd texture error that i have never seen before for some reason ,it says [texture filename is to long and will be truncated] anyways it didnt work... very wierd

I gave a careful look at the joints and bones of your model (joints tab) and compared it with my peasant archers (animated bowstring model).

You have merged to your model attachments from a model that uses animated bowstring, but you have not merged the right skeleton for this animation.
    It seems your primaryactives are assigned to bones that do not exist in your model.

The simple solution would be to make a non animated bowstring version of your model.
    Or, you can try to follow the instructions in this tutorial:
    Bowstring animated model creation

I gave a careful look at the joints and bones of your model (joints tab) and compared it with my peasant archers (animated bowstring model).

You have merged to your model attachments from a model that uses animated bowstring, but you have not merged the right skeleton for this animation.
    It seems your primaryactives are assigned to bones that do not exist in your model.

The simple solution would be to make a non animated bowstring version of your model.
    Or, you can try to follow the instructions in this tutorial:
    Bowstring animated model creation
    i try adding simple stuff with all kinds of different units, simple stuff like a bag or a sword hilt, a simple cape, a simple helmet , a lone quiver and EVERYTHING is invicible in game, its like this game is completely totally unmodable out of nowere ,so i doub this has anything to do with those animations you mention

this is the GOAT_GOAL_ver1_0a message i get after merging
    Last edited by Arioria of mithlond; November 02, 2019 at 07:00 AM.

I don't believe I can help.
    I did not have this problem before.