Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE CHANGELOG PART 1 - "January Update" on the 20th*

Default Re: UPDATE CHANGELOG PART 1 - "January Update" on the 15th

Yeah same, coming from dei and I just picked up Attila from the steam sale. Cheers AE!

Quote Originally Posted by HelvetinBarbaari View Post
    As a die hard fan of DEI, i must give this a chance too. Seems solid. Good job! Literally the only reason i just bought Attila from sale. Can't wait for the 15th!
    Quote Originally Posted by Imoen View Post
    Yeah same, coming from dei and I just picked up Attila from the steam sale. Cheers AE!
    Welcome to Ancient Empires guys!
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

guys are you planning to include the Enhanced Particles in this release on the 15th?
    appreciate the effort and looking forward to the release. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    guys are you planning to include the Enhanced Particles in this release on the 15th?
    appreciate the effort and looking forward to the release. thanks
    EP isn't directly portable in that it produces quite measurably poorer performance in Attila. I had been working on a new method, but unfortunately this work was lost. I have plans to recreate the mod for Attila, but adapted to the generally more fragile performance of this title. It will be released in the future, as a submod, but most likely not for the January patch.

Thanks for all the work guys. If you need more testers for this big release, let me know.

This is a pleasant surprise, thank you for this!
    I honestly, judging by scarce and small updates, thought that the mod was going downhill into Hades...
    I only hope mid-battle or after winning battle CTDs will be resolved, they rendered my Pergamon game unplayable every time.

thanks for this guys

Will it be saved game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by C2471 View Post
    Thanks for all the work guys. If you need more testers for this big release, let me know.
    Cheers. Yes, your help would be appreciated if you can spare a few hours. PM me if interested

Quote Originally Posted by Jakoporeeno View Post
    Will it be saved game compatible?
    It is strongly recommended to restart

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    It is strongly recommended to restart
    This cut half of my enthusiasm, yet i will play it again, the building tree and building of the economy, is what attracted me the most, so i can't wait to play again. The mod was put on hold with those CTD after 100-150 turns, but great job, can't wait to play again for tens of hours. This mod gave over 100 hours of play to attila.

Quote Originally Posted by SINIGR View Post
    This cut half of my enthusiasm, yet i will play it again, the building tree and building of the economy, is what attracted me the most, so i can't wait to play again. The mod was put on hold with those CTD after 100-150 turns, but great job, can't wait to play again for tens of hours. This mod gave over 100 hours of play to attila.
    I understand your frustration, both with regards to the constant need to start over and with the crashes. What I can say is after this update, there will not be required restarts forced on the player for a good while ahead. And perhaps more importantly, the rebel crashes should be resolved this time.

Appreciate you sticking with us - we believe that this update will deliver the best experience so far!

Good to hear that movement speed has been decreased to fit more with overal "It's a scary world out there you're fielding your only army to" theme. Every deployment is a risc.
    Forced march though? I'm not so sure. What was the reason to re-implement it?
    treamlined buildings #2: Buildings that produce a net income now no longer have upkeep, to reduce the need for "mental arithmetics" when deciding which building to go for. Most buildings now provide more useful effects compared to before
    Correct me If I'm wrong but a buliding with +500 income and -300 maintenance will produce net income of 200 now.
    But it was'nt 200 back then. Because of regional integration - up to 50% of both and income and maintenance could be lost, or as little as 10%.
    Which means that You could integrate profitable regions to decrease loss due to integraton, whilst federalising ones with low income.
    What'll happen now? Insted of this deeply thought out system? That sing "sold" me this mod. It's a blast!

I'm pretty sure the integration mechanic stays so it'll work the same. For example, before if your tribute was 1000 gold and your maintenance was 600, your net income was 400. If your integration was at 50% your final income was 200. Now it just says your net tribute, which remains 200 with integration.

Foederatus

Haven't been here for some months and found now this new update.

I must say: You all did an incredible and phantastic modding job, CA could learn a lots from you guys about enhancing their own gamedesign .
    Thanks for this gem!

Quote Originally Posted by Spariel View Post
    I'm pretty sure the integration mechanic stays so it'll work the same.
    Indeed. The way the mechanic is displayed may be subtly altered though.

@Swissdragon - Glad to have you back with us! Appreciate the kind words. Hopefully you're going to like this update a lot

Decanus

Looking forward to this new update. Love this mod, the only reason I play Attila the Hun game. Regular game is just so-so, it takes a great Mod to make this game what it should have been to begin with. No telling how many times I have started new campaign, hope this one last a lot longer, just getting characters to fill out in most of my campaigns.

Hello everyone! Just so you are all aware, we're going to be delaying the release of the patch for a few more days so we can all work on it over the weekend. We've got a lot of new interesting things to show you all and feedback from the testers has been very encouraging so far!

Keep your eyes and ears open, and I hope you guys appreciate the extra few days of effort once it is released. Tentative new date is likely to be on or around the 20th.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

I've tried a few Pontic starts, and have met the mid-game crash from rebels bug. However, I'm hungry for more! Great work and thank you for taking the extra time to make this release great!

What time of day will it be open to the public?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast