Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Swaeft's Snaps

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Swaeft's Snaps

Great shots indeed! My favourite is the third one. That tree looks a great lot like Wisteria sinensis (don't know the english name for it), which is one of my favourite looking trees. It is indeed a graphically pleasing game, don't know about the gameplay, never having played it myself. I wonder what gems you still have in store for us.

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Aha, finally I get to reply soon-ish after the posts! Thanks Covid-19...NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Those are indeed lovely shots. It doesn't look like that is my kind of game, just judging by the types of stuff I see in it, but you are right that the art department for it outdid themselves!
    Thank you! Yeah, I know what you mean, for myself these MMOs are probably better played as a child, they lose much of their allure once you realize it is all about the grind and pay to win. I don't play them anymore, and in a way the screenshots help to immortalize the feelings of joy I once had when soaring through the skies on a pegasus and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Beautiful screens, Swaeft. Indeed, the game's designers and artists did a great job. But my opinion is that some screens lack sharpness. Don't think I'm being picky, it's just my personal view of some of the details. In general, a very pleasant atmosphere in the pics.
    Sharp eye! You are right, most of the screens aren't that sharp, at least not 1080p sharp, because they are part of the background design and terrain, and you don't actually get to fly to those areas. Probably something to do with the fact that it came out in 2012 and with a dated engine. Well spotted

Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwë View Post
    Great shots indeed! My favourite is the third one. That tree looks a great lot like Wisteria sinensis (don't know the english name for it), which is one of my favourite looking trees. It is indeed a graphically pleasing game, don't know about the gameplay, never having played it myself. I wonder what gems you still have in store for us.
    So I just did a quick google and my word, they are strikingly similar. Thanks for that interesting find! I actually happen to have some of those trees in the neighborhood, never knew the name of it though. The gameplay is definitely quite meh in 2020, Black Desert Online probably surpassed it some time ago, but for a long time TERA was the reigning champion of MMOs, because they were the first (if I'm not wrong) to introduce the real time hit mechanics in MMOs rather than an exclusively warcraft style mashing of skill buttons.

Regarding what's coming next, I'll probably do some from the free weekend games, perhaps AC: Odyssey or theHunter: Call of the Wild.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

The thought just hit me after viewing Carmen's screenshots page (yes you're still Carmen to me ), I'd like to ask you guys if the first page takes a long time to load, because I was thinking if I were to keep adding photos there it might take forever to load if someone just wants to view one or two pictures in particular. In that case I was thinking perhaps of splitting some into the 2nd page. How's the load times for you guys?

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

For me the loading times are acceptable. Quite quick.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Load times are fine on my end
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

It sometimes takes a bit longer, but not for the page itself, but only when I open all the content-boxes one after another without waiting. The page itself loads the same as any other, and I think your contentboxing everything is the reason for that! So just keep doing that, and providing the money-shots
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Alright thanks for the feedback guys, if it ever does take too long to load, do let me know!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

10 new shots from theHunter: Call of the Wild are up in the usual spot. A very good game graphically, I was taken aback by the vividness of the environment...but it was not so healthy for my patience. It takes a whole lot of patience to play this one, and I was glad to leave it behind with a little fondness once the free weekend was over.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Those are, indeed, some breathtaking screenshots. Splendid! I have a couple of those kind of games, I recall very fond memories of them but when I play them I lose my patience really quickly. Better to leave it in the idyllic caverns of my brain.

Beautifull landscapes.

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Wow, easy, Swaeft! These landscapes are magnificent, I agree with the Turk and Morticia. Hopefully we will see some of these screens in GPOTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    10 new shots from theHunter: Call of the Wild are up in the usual spot. A very good game graphically, I was taken aback by the vividness of the environment...but it was not so healthy for my patience. It takes a whole lot of patience to play this one, and I was glad to leave it behind with a little fondness once the free weekend was over.
    What is the game actually like? And what do you mean by it "not being healthy for your patience"? I ask because it looks gorgeous, and for that reason alone intrigues me, and I can be okay with a more slow-paced game, so long as it has qualities that make the pacing acceptable. Hence, my interest in what the game is really like...
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwë View Post
    Those are, indeed, some breathtaking screenshots. Splendid! I have a couple of those kind of games, I recall very fond memories of them but when I play them I lose my patience really quickly. Better to leave it in the
    idyllic caverns of my brain.
    Thank you, and I'm glad you understand how that feels like

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Beautifull landscapes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Wow, easy, Swaeft! These landscapes are magnificent, I agree with the Turk and Morticia. Hopefully we will see some of these screens in GPOTW.
    Thanks guys, appreciate it! About putting them in GPOTW, well, I'll have to clear a lot more pictures first, but certainly someday it will I think 90% of the shots I have uploaded haven't been used in GPOTW or POTW yet.

What is the game actually like? And what do you mean by it "not being healthy for your patience"? I ask because it looks gorgeous, and for that reason alone intrigues me, and I can be okay with a more slow-paced game, so long as it has qualities that make the pacing acceptable. Hence, my interest in what the game is really like...
    It's actually a hunting simulator...and like hunting you need to plan carefully and move slowly. I've no idea what real hunting is like, but I think it's a pretty good simulator. However there are decisions I just find annoying and unreasonable. You have to walk everywhere. Ever played Arma or DayZ? It is a walking simulator...you can spend 20mins doing nothing but walking if you want to get from one campsite to another. And they made vehicles a paid DLC (not even unlockable at later levels)...clear moneygrabbing. And the real thing about patience is that animals can sense and smell you from further than you can see them (unless you are in an open field, which is rare), so you literally have to crouch or go prone and crawl for a few minutes before you even get a glimpse of them if you don't want to scare them away. Not a game for me, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    It's actually a hunting simulator...and like hunting you need to plan carefully and move slowly. I've no idea what real hunting is like, but I think it's a pretty good simulator. However there are decisions I just find annoying and unreasonable. You have to walk everywhere. Ever played Arma or DayZ? It is a walking simulator...you can spend 20mins doing nothing but walking if you want to get from one campsite to another. And they made vehicles a paid DLC (not even unlockable at later levels)...clear moneygrabbing. And the real thing about patience is that animals can sense and smell you from further than you can see them (unless you are in an open field, which is rare), so you literally have to crouch or go prone and crawl for a few minutes before you even get a glimpse of them if you don't want to scare them away. Not a game for me, heh.
    That does indeed sound a bit tedious. Maybe it's okay for city-slickers who otherwise can't see nature "up close and personal", but I am from the boondocks of the boondocks, and if I ever need to crawl through the forest, I'll just visit my parents for a weekend
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

That does indeed sound a bit tedious. Maybe it's okay for city-slickers who otherwise can't see nature "up close and personal", but I am from the boondocks of the boondocks, and if I ever need to crawl through the forest, I'll just visit my parents for a weekend
    I am not envious at all...no...

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

10 new shots from Assassins (you can't spell assassin without 2 "ass"-es in a row) Creed Odyssey are up in the usual spot! A great game, and they even have a built in photo mode, which did wonders for screenshot taking. If I was a little less frugal I would have bought it after the free weekend, but alas, I am not

Great pics.

This is my favourite:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Brilliant screenshots

Just to ask on Napoleon screenshots - how do you fully disable the UI? Am trying to make a video for it but it shows everything - the tool tip for the units, the map is minizied, but the timer/balance still shows.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Great pics.

This is my favourite:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    That would be my favourite too Very good choice

Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Storyteller View Post
    Brilliant screenshots

Just to ask on Napoleon screenshots - how do you fully disable the UI? Am trying to make a video for it but it shows everything - the tool tip for the units, the map is minizied, but the timer/balance still shows.
    Thanks TWS! To completely remove the UI in Napoleon I press the K button while in a battle, but I believe it works for the campaign map as well. Yeah, I struggled with the tool tips as well. Best of luck with the video, and I hope to see it somewhere when you're done

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

With the summer holidays come more time to edit screenshots...10 new shots from Batman Arkham Knight are up in the usual spot!