Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Swaeft's Snaps

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Swaeft's Snaps

Really? I've heard mixed things about it, and after trying it out I made the decision not to get it :S Thank you for your kind comments

A slightly unrelated update: I've been remiss in my duties to the blog, sorry about that. It's a really hectic week of visitations here, so I haven't really had the time or mood to crank out the commentary. Apologies for the delay, I'll try to restart it again when I can.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

And we have another video with various different clips mashed together. This time I tried to match the clips to the music more, and used more different clips. But the basic aim here is to show off the gorgeous world in Anthem, something that really drew me to the game (shame that's one of the few upsides).

My respect for video makers just went up, something as simple as this took me hours to make. They really make it look easy.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Cool video Swaeft, the world in the game they really did great.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yeah, the graphics department did a great job (downgrade aside), though it really felt like they threw everything else out the window lol.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Added some funny-ish FIFA 19 clips under the "previous videos" contentbox. Had a great time playing the 10 hour trial and laughing at all the bugs

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Unfortunately I've been hit with a copyright strike and have to take down all my images soon. I have no idea why this is happening but this is the reason they gave me:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    April Fool's! Please tell me I got you for at least a second? Have a good one.

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Oh man. That's BS. You should fight that. I'm not a lawyer, but here's something that may give you some legal standing:

You got me. As soon as I can, you're getting a rep.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yes! My diabolical plan has succeeded. Ehh who am I kidding.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Am able to put in the past two weeks' images for GPOTW and POTW again, and I have also added two short funny (at least I hope they are) videos from a good old game called Arma 2 Dayz Mod. In the Mod, shooting down a helicopter pilot causes the helicopter to crash (as they should)...but unfortunately they usually crash quite accurately.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm back with my final project for Anthem! Really loved the concept of this game, shame it was never going to take off. All I can do is try to showcase the beauty it is

This video was inspired by Eternity1986's 'The Beautiful World of TERA', a game I enjoyed very much for its stunning visuals as well. I think Eternity1986 did an amazing job catching all the scenic views in TERA, as well as cutting the scenes in brilliantly to time it with the music. You can find the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4x4xpYF_hI

Another cool video Swaeft. Stunning visuals with wonderful music.
    I hope that in this thread will soon appear screens from NTW.) I would be interested to take a look at your pics from this game. Your submission from the last POTW is very unusual and interesting. Even more interestingly, by coincidence, I also started the company in NTW but only with another mod - Masters of Europe (but that doesn't mean I'll leave my legions to fend for themselves in my Roman company) I have not returned to the theme of NTW for a long time, I was inspired to this by the screens of Diocle. Although I'm not sure its screens are from NTW, maybe they're from Empire... In general, I am convinced that we will see a lot of your new wonderful works. Best regards!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Don't know how I didn't see this earlier. Apologies!

Thanks, I know you must be a bit sick of Anthem videos by now I've exhausted my video pool for it, but I must say it was worth the effort. Something to remember the game by, if nothing else. You also have started NTW? Why, our battle will be legendary! Yes, this thread will soon be full of NTW screenshots, because I have finished using my pool of Shogun 2 screenshots

Regarding NTW, I'm actually quite disappointed, I have the definitive edition (which everyone on steam should have, it was a free upgrade done automatically giving you lots of DLC) and with settings on ultra the game looks (disproportionately to Shogun 2) rather horrible...particularly the units lose their 'Ultra' quality models the moment I back the camera away from them...very annoying. In addition, I cannot seem to hide the UI completely, there will always be a few bars on the screen, not to mention the compass at the top of the screen and the 'boarding' battle bar in naval battles! I will have to fix a few of these quibbles before taking more screenshots, but that will not stop me!

Regarding my submission for the last POTW...I had to edit it to hide the defects because the original was too bland and of poor quality

This is what the original looked like (with everything on ultra with Darthmod)

Oh, no need to apologize, I myself sometimes do not notice some posts.
    Yes, I started NTW and I agree that after Rome for example, the graphics looks a bit poor. I tried to make it more attractive, but I always do not like something. As for the game interface and bars, alas - they can not get rid of completely. This is also unusual for me. But gradually I get used to it. In the end, you can trim the screen and remove unnecessary...
    This is what the original looked like (with everything on ultra with Darthmod)
    Oh, judging from the original screen, you did a great job. Bravo! I think it took a while.
    Why, our battle will be legendary!
    Battle? Okay, I accept the challenge. It'll be interesting, all the more that we both will fight not on our fields (Shogun,Rome).
    PS I hope it's a mock battle and the cannonballs of your frigates don't fly into my house.
    Last edited by Alexander78; May 04, 2019 at 12:29 PM.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Well, I really didn't do much work, it was the editing software that made the magic and improved the screeny

Wait, what, you actually accepted the challenge? Oh dear, I need to start buying life insurance...and yes, it will be interesting fighting away from our established fields, as you have said! I look forward to seeing your NTW screenshots also! (Yes, it's a mock battle, I am a poor man and cannot afford frigates or cannonballs )

To be very honest though, the NTW screenshots are really pissing me off. I just cannot stand the immense drop in unit models the moment I move my camera 1cm away...and apparently there is no fix -.-
    Last edited by Swaeft; May 05, 2019 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Grammar

Haha! I can't look at my NTW screens without tears either. As Diocle make such great screens? This is the witchcraft. I have long suspected that Diocle is using magic. Otherwise, how else can you explain it? Hey Diocle, if you're reading this don't pay attention and don't turn me into a toad, you know I'm just kidding.
    Btw, I changed the weapon (mod). In the "Masters of Europe", for some reason did not work saves. I switched to "La montée de l'empire (LME)". The die is cast, there is nowhere to retreat.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Haha! I can't look at my NTW screens without tears either. As Diocle make such great screens? This is the witchcraft. I have long suspected that Diocle is using magic. Otherwise, how else can you explain it? Hey Diocle, if you're reading this don't pay attention and don't turn me into a toad, you know I'm just kidding.
    He is on another level, look at his edits! A true magician indeed, long may he delight us with his screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Btw, I changed the weapon (mod). In the "Masters of Europe", for some reason did not work saves. I switched to "La montée de l'empire (LME)". The die is cast, there is nowhere to retreat.
    To my shame, I do not know both these mods. I have only used vanilla, and darthmod when I feel like it.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

While fiddling with the submissions for this week's POTW I decided to try out new features. Wasn't sure whether I selected the best for the (G)POTWs but here were the different edits.

GPOTW:

Original

Submitted:

High Contrast and Saturation with Darkened surroundings

High Contrast and Saturation with 'oil painting' style (a bit more blocky)

POTW:

Original:

Submitted:

High Contrast and Saturation with blur

Also I will probably have to organize them by game soon.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

The submitted ones are the best looking in my opinion.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Perfectly. I really like NTW with blur. In my opinion this adds to the cinematic effect. The explosion looks more spectacular. To my shame I do not know what kind of game is presented on the first screens. I like the screen you chose for the competition. Atmospheric picture.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback guys, always helpful for future edits. I also like NTW with blur, but for a different reason - without the blur people can see the pixelated stuff Aside from that I think it adds a bit of a cinematic effect, as well as a sort of 'sailors stunned by the explosion' feeling for the current pic. The GPOTW is from a game called Destiny 2. Was free to claim last year, but I haven't played much of it since the F2P content is very low and grindy.